PDA

View Full Version : First time at GF - What should we ask for?

Toad
08-08-2002, 04:15 PM
We will be at the GF from Sept 11-Sept 15 for our pre-cruise stay. It's our first time at this resort and we really want a good view of the castle and lake/lagoon. What should I ask for at check-in?

CaliforniaDreaming
08-08-2002, 04:24 PM
What type of room do you have reserved? Garden, lagoon, or concierge? If you booked with the cruise line, you'll need to see if you have any type of upgraded room, otherwise you'll end up with a garden view room.

Toad
08-08-2002, 04:31 PM
Actually, we upgraded the land portion ourselves, since we are in a Cat 6 cruise cabin. However, if I wanted to ask for a better view, is there a specific building or direction I should request?

CaliforniaDreaming
08-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Well, then you'd have to upgrade your GF land portion to lagoon view and request a MK view if you want the castle view.

Otherwise, you'd be able to get either a monorail/garden view, marina view, or pool view.

Toad
08-08-2002, 04:50 PM
Well that makes perfect sense. The only reason I asked was that I had read on other sites and posts that there are specific "building" names that you should ask for. I probably should have asked that in my original post. I always thought if you went to the front desk with a very specific request (like you know what is what and what you want), you are less likely to get a view of the air conditioning unit.

CaliforniaDreaming
08-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Ah, no worries at the GF! Most every room has a nice view, I personally like Big Pine Key myself. ;)

Greg K.
08-08-2002, 05:06 PM
...and our first trip to WDW, we stayed at the GF, in Conch Key.

We requested and GOT a MK view, top floor (a dormer room with a high ceiling) and it was superb! We could see the castle from our bed!

An added bonus of being in Conch: it's just steps away from the boat dock -- which is a BIG help at the end of a long day. Just take the boat to the GF dock, and 30 seconds later, you crash on your bed! :smooth: Nice. Verra nice.

Of course, the down side is that it's a bit of a hike to the main building, and the monorail. But a pretty hike, nonetheless. :bounce:

Sushi
08-12-2002, 11:05 AM
What a coincidence. We are staying at the Grand Floridian the same time you are. Hope you have a nice time!