PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Half Marathon

glara
04-25-2010, 01:21 AM
Hi there - Just wondering if some of you may know how the Half Marathon weekend affects crowd size and so forth?

We're planning on visiting California in early September 2011, and I noticed that the dates for this year are about the time we'd intend to be there next year. I have e-mailed the organisers to ask if they can advise me the 2011 dates - are they traditionally the first weekend of September?

I am hoping that it will be 3/4 September as the tentative plan is to be at DLR for 10/11!

Thanks so much!

sierranevada
04-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Traditionally, the Half Marathon is run on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. They have the family fun runs on the Saturday. I have done the race twice (it is a really fun race). DL opens about 1 hour later on both Sat & Sun because of the races but that really seems to be the biggest impact. I found the crowds lite to non-existent! I talked to CM's and they said that Labor Day is usually slow which is why they think DLR decided to move the race to that weekend. Most schools are back in session. Traffic in the early morning of the race is really bad (we are talking 6 am) so if you are not coming in that morning, you should be fine.

Padstack
04-25-2010, 10:30 AM
The DIsneyland Half-Marathon has been run on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend for the last 3 years, I believe. I don't see the organizers changing that anytime soon. It seems to work better than when they had it later in the month.

You might not get a response from the organizers yet. While I am sure that they are planning for that weekend in 2011, they will not confirm anything unil they have the approval from the city/county.

glara
04-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks very much for your replies - that historical info is helpful, the plan to date is to arrive the Tuesday after Labor weekend...so if they stick with the current schedules, we will miss it! :thumbsup2