PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice For Christmas Trip

dizzyfan
08-08-2002, 11:52 AM
My family and I just returned from our annual summer vacation to WDW. We stayed at the DOLPHIN (LOVED IT). We have now decided to be there for Christmas (Dec. 21-Dec. 26). Can anyone tell me special events, things to do during this time of year? I think we miss Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party by one day. We always go during the summer so this is new to me.

Also my son's BDAY is 12/22 ( He will be turning 8). Any ideas on what to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Melissa
1997 Dixie Landings
1998 Port Orleans
1999 Coronado Springs
2000 Carribean Beach
2001 Port Orleans - French Quarter
2002 Dolphin Resort

Minnie's Mate
08-08-2002, 02:12 PM
We have gone to WDW at Christmas several times. The decorations are beautiful.

AT MGM, go over to New York Street and see the snow (artificial of course) falling in Florida, followed by a walk down the residential street to see the Osborne Family Light Spectacular (or whatever it is called).

At Epcot, go to the Candle Light Processional.

Check out the decorations at DTD.

But for your son's birthday, go to City Hall (Guest Relations) at MK and get a free birthday button. Your son will get happy birthday wishes from the CMs throughout each of the parks. Also, at sit down restaurants, he will get a free desert (usually a cup cake with sprinkles and a candle). When you make your PS's, ask that they note that it is his birthday. It will make his birthday extra special. If you happen to be at MGM on his birthday and dine at the Hollywood Brown Derby, ask for a booth. Remind the server that it is his birthday and he/she will bring an art deco styled phone and anounce "Call for Mr. So-n-so" they will hook up the phone and your son will get a call from Goofy wishing him a happy birthday...also he will get a real cake, single serving of course, but it is way more than a cup cake.

As you can tell, we've done the birthday thing before.

Good Luck and Happy Birthday for your DS.