PDA

View Full Version : Okay, gotta' have a little fun here . . .

aring75
08-08-2002, 08:35 AM
. . . if money was NO OBJECT, where would you stay? What resort, what room type? Where would you be especially sure to eat?

DH and I have never tried GF, we could really do it in style! Although staying at Poly concierge last year was exceptional (and only had three days to enjoy it:( ).

Come on, be creative. I'm in need of a little pixie dust and Disney fantasy here!!!;)

Ratpack
08-08-2002, 08:46 AM
I would have to WL Conceirge. I just love this resort. I eve tried this past July to stay somewhere else and failed, ended up at WL anyway. As far as food goes, don't really have any idea. Any place would probably do fine.

Disneydenise
08-08-2002, 08:49 AM
First I have to say that I seem to really like the Tropical Theme. I think I would love to stay in the nicest suite they offer at the Poly. If it was unavailable I would then try the GF's best suite. I wonder what having money be no object would feel like? Oh well I am happy to say I have my health :)

Eeyore1954
08-08-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by aring75
. . . if money was NO OBJECT, where would you stay? What resort, what room type? Where would you be especially sure to eat?

OK, my DW and I would plan a MINIMUM of 2 weeks at the VWL in a 1-bedroom jacuzzi suite, woods-view. We stayed there in May and this was wonderful. It's in the middle of Disney but at the same time snuggled back in the woods.

Breakfast -- a mix of Cape May, Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare, with maybe an occasional stop at Whispering Canyon for a change of pace (and a wild walk-up call!).

Lunch -- Fultons, HOB, Narcoosee's, Le Cellier, maybe Rainforest Cafe. At least once I'd arrange for a gourmet picnic to be set up in a private area of Disney; rent a boat to take my DW there and spend the afternoon in a hammock.

Dinner -- definitely V&A's at the Chef's Table. I'd rent Artists Point for an evening (no one else allowed) for a romatic candlelit dinner. Same for 50's PTC -- enlist only the best and most-fun servers for a fantasy dinner in "Mom's Kitchen".

At least one day would be dedicated to a Complete Decadence Experience at one of the Disney spas -- absolutely pampering with some exceptional "sucking up" (a la Pretty Woman) for my DW.

aring75
08-08-2002, 09:01 AM
Oh yeah!! The spa thing is a definite yes!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

lizzie64
08-08-2002, 09:05 AM
Oh Eeyore,

I think I'm in love.

No offense to my DH.

Eeyore1954
08-08-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by lizzie64
Oh Eeyore,

I think I'm in love.

No offense to my DH.

Not to worry. My DW has offered to "rent" me for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I believe in taking care of my beloved -- can't imagine life without her. It was 25 years on June 10th and looking forward to at least 25 more.

They say that there's an exception to every rule, and my DW says I'm the exception to "all men are pigs" rule.

lizzie64
08-08-2002, 09:33 AM
Too funny,

I say the same about my DH. We've just celebrated 16 years married, been together 22 years. (Since I was 16). High school sweethearts. The works. Wouldn't trade him in. He even surprised my with a diamond wedding band this anniversary.

So you and my DH are definitely exceptions to the rule.

Tulip
08-08-2002, 11:08 AM
I'm going to cheat. I would take 2 nights at each and every resort. ;)

aring75
08-08-2002, 11:31 AM
Money is no object tulip!! Why stop at two!! ;)

PieInYourEye
08-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Does the castle count... I would definately stay there. :)

Tulip
08-08-2002, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't want to over do Disney by staying too long. I would end up staying a week at each resort over time but to start it off 2 nights at each would. That way I have time for DL, DLP and DLT. ;) :p

scarlett873
08-08-2002, 12:00 PM
you can add my FH to that exception to the "men are pigs" rule!! we have discovered that I am the exception to every one of HIS rules! it's kind of funny...we got our 2nd chance at a life together and there's nothing in this world that could keep us apart...

and if money were no object? i would definitely live it up disney style...concierge all the way...it would be a toss up for us though...between WL/GF/BW...i'm the WL, he's the GF, but we're both BW! go figure...

here's an idea for a real money maker for disney...for couples that choose to marry/renew their vows at disney, they should offer one or two nights in a luxury suite in cinderella's castle...now that would be awesome...

aring75
08-08-2002, 12:36 PM
Could you imagine waking up with a perfect view of MK every morning???

Oh yes, I could be a Disney princess.:earsgirl:

WDWalways
08-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Grand Floridian concierge suite main building
Private dinner at Cinderella's
Travel to and from MK by Cinderella's coach
Day at the GF spa before dinner getting the works for me and 18 holes of golf for my hubby with full body massage after!

LvsTnk
08-08-2002, 03:03 PM
I would stay in the Steeplechase Suite at the BWI for 2 weeks. I would love to be able to spend more than a couple of hours looking in all the shops in Downtown Disney!! I would also like enough time to get to some of the restaurants I have been wanting to try!! I am not a spa person but DD is and I would definately treat the 2 of us to a WHOLE day of pampering!!..........Maybe Someday!! Laurie :D

WDWHound
08-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Contemporary Consierge Suite or Boardwalk Concierge suite.