PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin transportation ??

disney4me4ever
08-08-2002, 08:08 AM
Will be staying at the Dolphin (first time there!) 8/25 for 1 week. I HAVE to get my Tonga Toast fix at the Kona Cafe. Anyone have suggestions on the best "route" to go from the Dolphin to the Poly?

Your help is appreciated!
Nsncy:earsgirl:

drusba
08-08-2002, 08:29 AM
Bus to MK and then boat or monorail to Poly. Second option almost as fast is take boat to MGM from Dolphin (or walk over to MGM) and take bus to Poly from there. Fastest is to drive rental car or take a cab.

disney4me4ever
08-08-2002, 11:04 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I was thinking I might have to go to the TTC and then transfer from there.

Nancy

Uncle Mikey
08-08-2002, 08:27 PM
If you need to get there fairly early in the morning, there is a special bus that picks up people going for character breakfasts. It starts about 7:00 am. We stayed at the Swan. The bus picked us up a little after 7 and made other stops at the Dolphin and Yacht & Beach clubs before dropping one family off at the Magic Kingdom and then us at the Grand Floridian.

disney4me4ever
08-08-2002, 09:21 PM
That sounds like just what I need, as after breakfast we will go back to the Magic Kingdom for the 9 am open. Do I have to make any special arrangements to get on this bus, or just wait at the stop?

Thanks!
Nancy

Uncle Mikey
08-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Just wait at the bus stop. I would ask about it at the concierge/guest services. Just to make sure that service is still running. The one constant with Disney is change.

jgates
08-11-2002, 12:01 AM
We were told that service didn't exist from Swan, yet I read of someone using it just a few weeks before we were there. We just bit the bullet and drove to MK that day for our Cindy's seating (THANKS TO THE PARTY FROM HERE WHO GAVE IT TO US!!!) and paid for parking. We were still late as the express monorail wasn't running and we sat (and sat and sat) at the Poly waiting for something. However, they didn't even blink twice when we said we were late. (about 10 min).

Uncle Mikey
08-11-2002, 09:15 PM
When I first asked about the special character breakfast bus, I was told by the young lady working the desk that no such thing existed. Fortunately, the guy working the desk with her overheard her response and corrected her. So it could just be you talked the wrong person. But then again you never know with Disney.

nativetxn
08-14-2002, 02:15 PM
I had no idea that there was a special bus for early ps's. This is great information to have

glo
08-14-2002, 02:48 PM
If you are willing to spend the $$ you can pay about $12 and use the towncars out front of either the swan or the Dolphin!

Chip 'n Dale Express
08-14-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by disney4me4ever
Will be staying at the Dolphin (first time there!) 8/25 for 1 week. I HAVE to get my Tonga Toast fix at the Kona Cafe. Anyone have suggestions on the best "route" to go from the Dolphin to the Poly?

Character Breakfast busses will start running at 7:00am, and yes, they do service the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin hotels. Just talk to the driver of the bus when he or she pulls in.

Another alternative would be to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom, and from there catch the monorail.

Please note that prior to 7:30, busses are not allowed to drop off at the MK, and as such will drop off at the TTC instead.

glo
08-14-2002, 03:33 PM
great info thanks!