PDA

View Full Version : Dairy Free Treats at Boardwalk Bakery

mandibc11
04-22-2010, 03:27 PM
I got in touch with special diets yesterday, asking if they knew of any dairy/egg free or vegan breakfast items at Boardwalk bakery. They let me know that while they don't have this on the normal menu, if I just give them about 48 hours advance notice they will have something ready for me!

Has anyone else ever done this with a bakery in Disney? If this is the case, and it actually works, I may try it for Beach Club marketplace, as well...

mandibc11
04-23-2010, 11:06 AM
I got another email from Disney letting me know that the chef for Boardwalk Bakery is also the chef for Beach Club Marketplace (who knew?) and that I should just let them know when I planned on being there so that they can have whatever my heart desires waiting for me.

Again, has anyone had experience doing something like this?

sherabby
04-23-2010, 11:54 AM
I will be following your thread. My son has multiple allergies and would LOVE to have something made for him like a pastry!

Sandi
04-23-2010, 01:14 PM
I have not, but we stayed at BWV earlier this month and went to the Boardwalk Bakery several times. One time, a woman in front of us asked for the cake that she specially ordered and the staff quickly went and retrieved it. I was making conversation and asked if it was a birthday cake and the woman explained that it was, but more importantly it was specially prepared for her son who has several food allergies. She said they always go there when visiting WDW.

Maybe that will give you some comfort. She is a repeat visitor!

sherabby
04-26-2010, 10:01 AM
I have not, but we stayed at BWV earlier this month and went to the Boardwalk Bakery several times. One time, a woman in front of us asked for the cake that she specially ordered and the staff quickly went and retrieved it. I was making conversation and asked if it was a birthday cake and the woman explained that it was, but more importantly it was specially prepared for her son who has several food allergies. She said they always go there when visiting WDW.

Maybe that will give you some comfort. She is a repeat visitor!

Oh thanks! This will be our 5th visit in the last 4 years with my son. He absolutely LOVES Disney World!