PDA

View Full Version : POLYNESIAN EXPERTS!!! Need some help!!! Yoo-hoo, Tikiman!

CaliforniaDreaming
08-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone!!! I think I might be staying at the Polynesian in a couple months!!! We'd get a standard garden view room (but, I'd still miss "my" lagoon view concierge room!).

When will Aotearoa and Fiji be finished? I'd like to stay in a newly renovated room if possible. I'd like a third floor room, non-smoking. But, I'll want a room as soon as I check-in (if possible), so I'll probably end up with something else.

Thanks!!!

zulaya
08-07-2002, 10:48 PM
Cali, I seem to remember Tikiman saying that these buildings would be done in a couple of months. My guess is by the end of the year, Did you check his website to see if he mentions anything on those two longhouses?

Tikiman
08-08-2002, 09:06 AM
Aotearoa should be done by October. Why not Fiji. I think the views are better from Fiji on both sides. The one side of Aotearoa that faces the water has half the rooms designated lagoon view (the list of numbers is on the web pages). I think it would be nice to get into the new rooms but if not go with Tokelau. you may get a view of the GF or even better, you may get one of the "special" rooms that they built in the longhouse as experiments for room layouts. There is new info on those rooms also on my web pages.

Steve

Disneydenise
08-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Hi Tikiman, What do you think of my chance of asking for one of the experimental rooms in my fav longhouse? Should I just ask at checkin? Its not that big a deal but with two teens any additional counter or mirror will be put to good use. Extra sinks?

CaliforniaDreaming
08-08-2002, 09:50 AM
The Tiki gods don't want me to stay at the Polynesian - it's sold out. Couldn't get anything. :(

Gillian
08-08-2002, 10:37 AM
how about a garden view room for september? I've been reading the site but I'm a little overwhelmed :confused:

Tikiman
08-08-2002, 10:57 AM
Disneydenise,

Most (if not all at the front desk) CM’s do not even know the rooms exist. I know they exist because I have heard of them before and a staff member who was around when they built them confirmed that they exist but I don’t know anyone who knows the room numbers. If you asked for the rooms they may look at you like you are crazy. If you ever get into one of the rooms you must take pictures for me and give me the room number…..please.

Steve

Disneydenise
08-08-2002, 04:51 PM
Tikiman,
I think that I blew a chance at getting one 2 years ago because I asked at guest services and the CM was going to move me to a room that had a different floor plan. I decided not to bother because it was too much hassel to pack up and really we are fine if we share nicely. This trip is going to be more difficult because my son will be fencing and that requires equipment and he will be up early and waking the princess who needs her beauty sleep. If I can get one I will take several shots and send them to you. I am technologically impaired but my neighbor will be happy to help. I blew up 2 scanners so far, it really wasn't me it was DS and DD the technologically savy ones. See you better rethink this whole kid thing they cost tons of money and they break all your stuff, but they are soooo cute especially when they are sleeping.