PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports

rickc77
08-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Could someone tell me which buildings are known as preferred and is it really worth it to pay the extra 10 dollars per day?

Thanks

Poohbear123
08-07-2002, 07:09 PM
Building 1 & 6 and NO!:o Ask for Building 9 or 10 as they are NOT extra! They are about the same distance as 1 & 6!;)

bumcat
08-07-2002, 07:27 PM
I agree it's not worth it to pay the extra. We stayed in surfs up right by the pool. Not a bad distance to the bus or food courts.

rickc77
08-07-2002, 07:35 PM
My only concern is with my luck they would stick me in bld 2,3 or 4,5.

This is what happen the last time I was there. I'm just wondering if I should really try to avoid such a headache from happening again.

I did request a close blding, but they were not able to help.

thx

disneyjunkie
08-07-2002, 07:44 PM
I requested a preferred building for our trip in November. We stayed in Surf's Up last August and it was great. When I told my son that we were going back to Disney this year, he asked me if we could stay at All Star Sports again and I said ok. A few months later I was working on a to do list for our trip. I asked DS what he wanted to add to the list, the only thing he wanted to add to the list was to stay in Surf's Up again.

Paying the extra $10 per night is the only way to be sure you won't end up in buildings 2,3,4 or5.

robinb
08-07-2002, 08:06 PM
I stayed in building 3, Hoops Hotel and building 6 Surfs Up last November. I liked both locataions. Yes, #6 was closer to everthing, but I really didn't think #3 was really out of the way. Plus, I liked walking trough the resort and seeing the different buildings. The design of ASSp is such that you are really not that far from the front, unlike ASMu. I would really hate to get stuck in the Country Fair section!

gibbys1
08-09-2002, 12:39 AM
We stayed in the Touchdown section. It was the first building next to the food court and we didnt have to pay the extra money for a preferred room.

babyblue61
08-09-2002, 09:48 AM
We also stayed in Touchdown-last January-and did not pay the extra $10.00. You can always ask if any upgrades are available upon checking in.

rickc77
08-09-2002, 09:57 AM
as mentioned in a earlier message I did pay the extra 10 dollars because I have asked in the past and they did not have any close building available. I ended up in a blding in the back. I just though for an extra 10 dollars it may just be worth it in order to garentee a great vacation.

thx

Kaybee
08-09-2002, 01:08 PM
Those buildings at the All Star Sports are not that far apart. They
are very easy to walk to! I would not waste an extra $10/night
on a preferred building!! I stayed at the backside of the baseball
building, it didn't take me more than 3 mins. to walk to the food
courts and bus stop!!