PDA

View Full Version : All-Stars Music

Revelation
08-07-2002, 06:24 PM
hello everyone.

November 10-18 i am going to WDW with my best buddy and we are staying at All-Stars Music on Discovery magic...i am a couple of questions

How is the resort as in cleanliness and room-size?
How is the bus transportation to the parks?
Is there the resort really big as in if i get a room at the back end is it a far walk to the bus stop?
Also how are the crowds at the parks in november 10-18?

thanks a bunch

slimplaw
08-07-2002, 07:39 PM
We just returned from All-Star Music. We stayed in the Calypso building at the front. We never did walk to the back, so I can't help you there. Bus transportation to the parks was good. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. However, when the parks closed and everyone tried to leave at the same time there was a wait. They did have buses arriving every 5 minutes to take you back at closing time. However, they really pack people on the bus. We sat and waited for 30 minutes for a bus that was not packed when leaving MGM. Our room was very clean and there was more than enough room for 2 people.

Bob913
08-07-2002, 10:44 PM
Is there the resort really big as in if i get a room at the back end is it a far walk to the bus stop?

I'll answer that question for you. In our rookie year we ended up in the Country building #5. It was so far out we felt like we were in a different time zone!

Don't get me wrong though. It is a very nice resort. It's just that being that far back discouraged some trips to the food court.

bpletschet
08-08-2002, 01:22 AM
My DH and I have stayed at the All Star Music and will do so again this Sept. I always request a building in the back. It is very quiet and the walk to the food court/bus stop is really not that far for us. The rooms have always been clean and the staff very helpful. Cost wise,it's a great deal.:D

gibbys1
08-09-2002, 12:35 AM
We too ended up in the Country section way in the back a few years ago when I didnt know any better. I thought it was quite a hike to the bus stop and to get drinks at the food court.

Chip 'n Dale Express
08-09-2002, 01:30 AM
When my mother visited me, she stayed in the Rock 'n Roll section. The walk to the bus stop wasn't far at all. Granted, it's not just outside the door, but it's not really that far.

As for Bus Transportation... the All-Stars generally receive the most frequent busses, as well as the most amount of busses. The reason being... It's got the most amount of guests.

During the morning... yes... the busses will be a bit crowded. However, we run MOD in the mornings... (Magic On Demand) Busses are staged between All Star Sports and Music, and are dispatched on a demand basis. In addition, incoming busses to DAK are dispatched to the All Stars going back to thier home territory.

During the afternoon hours, busses run frequently, and aside from Parade Exits, and rain storms, pretty much should run just fine, and not be crowded at all.

At park closing, we go back to floating mode, and busses are dispatched to the load zones by demand. All Stars will often "Double-Load"... It will be crowded, yes, but the busses come very frequently.

It always amazes me that people are shocked that the busses are crowded in the mornings and nights... Y'all aren't the only ones wanting to travel.

For Animal Kingdom, Epcot (Daytime) Disney/MGM Studios, and Downtown Disney, the busses service all three All-Stars. For Magic Kingdom (all day), and for Epcot (at park exit), the busses are separated. Some busses run Sports, Music, Movies... Others run Movies, Music, Sports.

Also, one thing to note... At Sports and Music... the Disney/MGM Studios and Downtown Disney share a load zone. At all three resorts, Epcot and Blizzard Beach share a load zone. Please make sure to read the Destination Sign on the bus to see which location it services. If the Bus says "BLIZZARD BEACH" it goes to Blizzard Beach NOT Epcot. (I know that sounds simple, but every single time I pull in... someone asks me if I go to Epcot)

(Note that in the past, there was a dedicated Blizzard Beach bus, as well as the Epcot bus would service Blizzard Beach. This is no longer the case.)

One more note... Even though the All-Stars are "waay out there" the bus rides are not long. Magic Kingdom is typically a 13 minute bus ride. Epcot is 10 minutes. Studios is 10 minutes. Animal Kingdom is 6 minutes. Downtown Disney would be the longest at 17 minutes (due to traffic...)

PoTC_Junkie
08-09-2002, 05:57 PM
Tyler-

Thanks for the info - I have always found the bus transportation well worth the short waits you have and we have had a lot of very nice bus drivers. You are appreciated.

First time at All Stars but not worried about the transportation - I'll tell my husband the time estimates.

Thanks again:bounce:

jennymouse
08-09-2002, 06:10 PM
My DGD(7) & I loved ASMu last year. We were in Jazz Bldg which wasn't far at all....it was right in between the two pools also, which was nice. Very clean and the room is plenty big enough for two. The bus service was awsome too. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I'm surprising my DGD with a stay at AKL this year and am actually worried she'll be disappointed we're not at ASMu again.....she'll be okay though, Animal Kingdom is her favorite park so she'll be in animal heaven at AKL.;)

DeeP
08-09-2002, 06:54 PM
How is the resort as in cleanliness and room-size?
The rooms are very clean with an excellent housekeeping staff and the rooms are not really that much smaller than a moderate resort room. I personally can't tell the difference in room size between a value resort and a moderate other than CBR rooms which has the largest moderate resorts rooms they are the same size as AKL and WL.
How is the bus transportation to the parks?
I have stayed in every type of WDW resort from the values up to the deluxes and including DVC and home away from home resorts and the value resorts have by FAR the best bus transportation. As others have said, at park closings just chill out and relax in the park for about 20-30 min and then go to the bus stop. You will not have to wait in a long line and a bus will be there for you.
The value resorts are really not that big compared to some WDW resorts. If you want to see huge resorts go to CBR or OKW, these 2 resorts make the values look compact! The longest a walk will be from the farthest building is 15 min, if this is too long you can always pay the extra $10.00 per night for a preferred location building which will be right next to the food court, store, etc.
Also how are the crowds at the parks in november 10-18?
This you might have a problem with if it falls during "Jersey Week" an unofficial title but it still will be flooded with folks from NJ. Because all public schools in the state of NJ are closed for the Thurs & Fri prior to Veterans Day for a state wide teachers convention and then closed for Veterans Day. So this makes for 5 day weekend and many families from NJ go to WDW at this time and over the years it has become more and more crowded at WDW during this time.
Have a great trip!!

anne60
08-10-2002, 07:05 AM
thanks for the inside info on the busses. in our 4 trips to WDW, we have never waited more then 10-15 minutes for a bus. we have stayed at CR, POR and ASSports. The longest wait was at Downtown Disney waiting to go back to POR. I, too, have noticed that people do not pay attention to the different loading areas, even though they are clearly marked and there are signs on the busses themselves. One time the bus to MK (clearly marked) pulled up, the doors opened , the driver yelled "Are you all ready for the MAGIC KINGDOM", people yelled "Yes!!!", and a woman at the front of the line asked if he went to Animal Kingdom! The look on the poor guy's face was priceless.

starshine73
08-10-2002, 07:17 AM
DH and I love AS Music!! It seems to fill up last and have less kids (I guess they prefer the movies or sports theme). We found our room in December to be great, lots of room for 2 people and very clean.

Bus service is great, we never had to wait very long to get anywhere. It was sometimes longer going home, but we would just do like some others have suggested and just waited until the crowds died down.

We went November 8-16 in '99 and did find the crowds to be larger than we expected. But we never had to wait very long for any rides. Use fastpass and you should be fine.

Can't answer your question yet about the farther buildings; we are going in September and don't have a "preferred room" so maybe I will know more after our trip! (hoping for Jazz or Rock Inn though)

Have a great trip.:)

crgrfg
08-10-2002, 09:17 AM
We stayed at AS Music in May. We were in Country and found it to be pretty quiet (something we wanted). It was a little bit of a walk to the food court but not any longer than if you stayed in certain parts of Riverside.

Our first reaction when we walked into the room was that it was small. And the resort definitely was geared more to families (we have no children). We both had a great time while there in May but we don't know if an AS resort would be our first choice to stay at Disney.

But you're going to WDW...you'll have a great time anyway! Enjoy!:smooth:

Luv2Roam
08-10-2002, 11:31 AM
We will be staying at ASMu for the first time in just two months. I am looking forward to it, as I enjoyed our ASMo stay so much! :bounce:
ASMo really had their act together, now that I can compare the value resorts with my own stays at two mods.

CaliforniaDreaming
08-10-2002, 12:12 PM
We stayed at All-Star Music last March. Our room was in the Broadway Hotel #7, on the corner closest to the parking lot. Our window had a view of the Broadway courtyard. It was a very quiet section (except for when the cheerleaders decided to practice in the courtyard - the place had a lot of school groups when we were there). The room was very clean - no problems at all. It looked like it was very well maintained.