PDA

View Full Version : TRON: Legacy (Can't Wait!)

J.Richyson
04-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone! I am eagerly awaiting the new TRON: Legacy movie that Disney has advertised will be released in theaters later this year. According to my latest Google search, Wikipedia has updated some of the release date information saying that it will be playing in theaters on December 17th! Tron: Evolution is also a game that is supposed to be available for purchase around the same time and I really can't wait. Tron is like my favorite movie of all time and the trailers for Legacy look awesome! I am sure that there are many other people out there who share my excitement and energy, especially since many of the key people involved in the first movie are returning for the sequel all of these years later. Steven Lisberger was the first film's director and now he is a producer for Legacy while Jeff Bridges also comes back in the role of Kevin Flynn with Bruce Boxleitner returning as Alan Bradley. Apparently there has been some viral marketing and guerrilla marketing websites out there that are kind of like secret promotional sites for Tron: Legacy fans to explore, but I haven't really been able to find anything new about these sites yet. If anyone has any tips or information about the internet "Easter Eggs" that are out there to find regarding Tron: Legacy, then please give me a hint here. My friend says he thinks he saw something like a new big machine that looks like something that would be used for wind energy jobs (http://www.windenergyjobsinfo.com) on one of the secret sites, but I couldn't find what he was talking about online. Any other fans out there who want to share their anticipation of the new Tron: Legacy Movie?

:dance3::cheer2::dance3::cheer2::dance3:
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

ChristaDeVil
04-20-2010, 04:23 PM
I love the original Tron, so I'm excited about Legacy. I bought my son the Tron DVD over the weekend, and he's HOOKED. Have you seen the photos of the Tron Monorail theme?

J.Richyson
04-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah, and I'm going to go check it out in person the next time I get the chance to go! Thanks for the recommendation. I am expecting it to look way better live and I just love some of the other artwork I have seen out there. This is going to be great, I can just feel it.

Stumpy
04-20-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm thrilled they're making the movie as well. It was a real shame that when the original came out Disney was on shaky ground and the movie (along with a few other events) nearly did the company in. I hope it does well in theaters.

J.Richyson
04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, now they are in a great market position with the best technology ever. Production is really going all the way with is too. I plan on seeing it in 3D after I see it the regular 2d version first. On different days of course. There better be some awesome action scenes!

hichewlova
04-29-2010, 05:25 PM
I am glad to see the stars of the first film returning too - they are really keeping the Tron world alive and actually improving it a lot by the looks of the trailer/images...I think it's on par with Avatar's Pandora as far as alternate universes go.

I thought I'd add the trailer (http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/tronlegacy/)and some images for anyone that isn't familiar with the film. I have no doubt that this will be huge - I mean when you get down the to basics it's a classic good vs. evil story and with a holiday release, how could they not be HUGE at the box office, you know?

jg121285
04-30-2010, 06:07 PM
I just saw the first Tron for the first time last week and I loved it. It was so great for a 20+ year movie even though of course the graphics are very dated compared to what we have now I could still really get into it and can imagine it being very innovative at the time it was released. I wanted to see it finally because I saw the trailer for Tron: Legacy and it looks incredible, I can't wait to see it in 3D

One of those viral marketing websites is flynnlives.com. If you scroll down on the web page there is a link to make your Encom badge with your own photo and they'll mail it to you with a lanyard. I just got mine in mail this week :cool1:

JohnsPrincess
04-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I think I'd seen the original when I was little...but I didn't really remember it and just kind of figured I wouldn't like it because of the top...lol. Of course, I've owned the DVD for years...but never threw it in. It came on tv a couple months ago and I figured I'd watch it...LOVED it! Once I saw the original I was very excited for the new one!

hichewlova
05-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Aren't you excited to see an Flynn again? I think Jeff Bridges is such a fantastic actor (finally won an Oscar this year!!) Really glad that they got him back for the sequel.

Some new images floating around that you might enjoy - gives you even more of an idea of how much detail went into this film.

http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2010/05/500x_tjump.jpg

Rest of images (http://io9.com/5532245/is-this-tron-legacys-big-bad/gallery/)

hichewlova
06-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Excuse the double post, but I thought you would enjoy this interview with Michael Sheen (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/06/03/tron-legacy-role-a-dream-come-true-for-michael-sheen/) (loved him in Frost/Nixon!)

Hearing Sheen go on about "Tron" from there is very endearing. He really does revert to that 11-year-old boy when talking about it and what a thrill for him it is to be involved. "I still felt like that a little bit when I walked onto the set on the first day, I still felt like that little 11-year-old boy going 'Oh my god, I'm gonna get to be in this film!' And the sets and there was new technology invented for the costumes and for the filming techniques... it was just amazing to be a part of it," he gushed.

"And on top of all that to work with Jeff Bridges as well, who is one of my favorite actors of all time. So I'm just really excited about it... and to get crazy white hair, which I've always wanted."

disEAR
07-22-2010, 06:31 PM
youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owgtC_C9q7U
:cool1::cool1:

MLLynch
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm also looking forward to seeing the TRON movie in December. I can remember when I was a young girl visiting Disneyworld and staying at Fort Wilderness. We would eat dinner at one of the restaurants and they had a little arcade. After dinner, I would head down to the arcade area and play the TRON game. Good times....

Michele

TomAndLori
08-05-2010, 07:35 PM
This has been my most anticipated movie in a while. I love the original.

I wish I had played the Tron 2.0 game, but could not get it to run on my new PC at the time I discovered it.

fanhost
10-29-2010, 05:30 AM
Same here. Pictures are really nice. I like them,,Tron Legacy movie seems to be amazing as I have read it's reviews. It's really very interesting. Well..!! I will surely go for this movie when It will be released....

d_lairson
10-29-2010, 10:49 AM
I went to the Tron:Legacy preview last night where they showed 23 minutes of the film and it is AMAZING! The 3D is beautiful, not dark and muddy like The Last Airbender, but bright and clean. The animation is superb and the costumes are great.

As a bonus everyone at the preview got some special tron:legacy cards and a special edition poster.

novadrag
11-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I dunno I'm on the fence about it. I think I'd only see it for the visuals and the Daft Punk sdtrk

usnuzuloose
11-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I really like tron. I cant wait for the new one to come out.

lilosurf11
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm sooo excited to see Tron. My brother and I are going to the midnight showing. Oh yeah, and I'm gonna wear my Tron shirt. :goodvibes

Stigmata
12-07-2010, 02:38 AM
I watched the trailer but I didn’t like the graphics looks like Ultraviolet...

Let’s see how the movie goes on.

nerdboyrockstar
12-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Saw it last night. It kinda dragged and it could've been better. But it was great to look at (except it was a strange mix of 2D and 3D) and the soundtrack was :love: Olivia Wilde was really cute in it, Michael Sheen is a scene-stealer, and Cillian Murphy is in it for a minute and that's it. :confused3

Overall, Daft Punk :worship:

swarlock
12-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, and I'm going to go check it out in person the next time I get the chance to go! Thanks for the recommendation. I am expecting it to look way better live and I just love some of the other artwork I have seen out there. This is going to be great, I can just feel it.

I had the huge stroke of luck to ride in The "Tronorail" when I visited EPCOT on my way back to The Transportation and ticket center to get back to The Magic Kingdom. Very smooth designs.

As for the movie I'm going to see it by myself since Mom isn't a big sci fi fan.

mouseride
12-16-2010, 01:13 AM
It's a great time for all Tron anticipators. Disney announced the released of the movie couple of days back. Have a great watch...!

mouseride
12-16-2010, 01:15 AM
It's a great time for all Tron anticipators. Disney announced the released of the movie couple of days back. Have a great watch...!

jassmine12
12-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Its the Walt Disney latest creation. This is about to come in theaters tomorrow. Its a sequel movie of the movie Tron of 1982. Personally i liked the first part of it and keeping my fingers cross for its next part. "Legacy".

kalvin
12-17-2010, 04:52 AM
I have watched it's trailer yesterday. It seems to be very interesting. I have a plan to watch it with my friends on this coming weekend..!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

ChrisFL
12-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Watched it last night in IMAX 3D...I'd say 4 out of 5 stars. The storyline wasn't perfect, but a lot more involved than the first movie and overall kept it interesting.

Visuals are :worship::worship::worship:

Best looking movie since Avatar, definitely, just in a different style, but 3D doesn't detract from it at all.

Soundtrack is awesome! :banana:

Will it have staying power? I don't know. I don't think the fault is with the movie itself, but how many ties it has to the previous movie which a lot of moviegoers either will have never seen or don't remember (which is more difficult since it's not easy to even find a copy of TRON, unless you find the youtube version that someone uploaded the entire movie to, in segments)

Anyway, I hope it really succeeds and makes Disney want to create an attraction around it ;)

solfan68
12-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Greetings, Programs... My podcast, Geek Acres #262 is now live. My son and I went to see the matinee this afternoon and I have some feelings about the film. Capsule review is that I loved it. Both as a Tron fan and as a child of the 80's. If you're interested in the nitty gritty and my evaluation of the eye candy, I invite you to swing on by and have a listen (http://is.gd/iZ7kx) !

Brocktoon
12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Just caught an IMAX 3D matinee with my Dad. I've been a TRON geek since I saw the original when I was 5 back in '82. I have some mixed feelings. Overall it was a spectacle ... like nothing I've ever seen, and in that regard Disney accomplished what they set out to do. They created a fully realized unique 3d world on par with Avatar, and 3d (IMAX if available) is the ONLY way to see this flick. After 29 years though, I wish there was a little more narrative. The plot is a disaster, and much of the dialogue is throw-away. I would strongly suggest checking out the original 1st, because there are plenty of treats for the fans that know it well.

I had the Daft Punk soundtrack beforehand and thought it was solid, but when paired with the on screen action ... BRILLIANT! One of the best soundtracks ever. I think the combination of the jawdropping visuals, 3D and sound make this a good 4/5. For folks looking for a good story and seeing it in a cheap theater though, it's probably not going to hit home.

Brocktoon
12-22-2010, 03:00 PM
and Cillian Murphy is in it for a minute and that's it. :confused3

Yeah, what was with that? I don't want to give away big spoliers but I guess it's not that big. When the CEO mentioned who Cillian's father was in the board meeting, I threw up the metal horns \m/ and figured he'd be a major player. Then you never see him again? I guess it was a just a bone for the old school fans

Babbletrish
05-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Yeah, what was with that? I don't want to give away big spoilers but I guess it's not that big. When the CEO mentioned who Cillian's father was in the board meeting, I threw up the metal horns \m/ and figured he'd be a major player. Then you never see him again? I guess it was a just a bone for the old school fans

True story: I had heard from a podcast that Cillian Murphey had a "scene stealing" role in the movie. When I watched the movie, I didn;t even think of the board scene and spent the rest of the film operating under the assumption that he was the wacky over-the-top ham with the white mullet and the cane. Whoops. :lmao:

In my defense: "The Dark Knight". That is all.

I'll write a longer review for my blog later, but all in all a pretty cool movie. I'm a little sad I didn't make it to the 3D theater though (couldn't get any of my friends interested).

Babbletrish
05-30-2011, 05:29 PM
I'll write a longer review for my blog later, but all in all a pretty cool movie. I'm a little sad I didn't make it to the 3D theater though (couldn't get any of my friends interested).

It's later! It's later! (http://babbletrish.blogspot.com/2011/05/cyber-dude-cyber-abides-thoughts-on.html)

brandanobash
09-11-2011, 02:00 PM
they are making tron 3!!!!!!!!!