PDA

View Full Version : $25 Gift Certificate-House of Blues Orlando

lizerbug
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I purchased two $25 gift certificates yesterday for $3 apiece, I think it was through restaurants.com. It was such a great deal that I purchased 2 of them without reading the fine print first :confused3 Well, as it turns out you can only use one certificate at a time so I have one more than I need. Is anyone going to Orlando within the next year (you have to use it with one year of purchase) that would like a $25 gift certificate to the House of Blues in Downtown Disney? They have the most amazing ribs!!! Send me a private message with your info and I'd be more than happy to mail it to you. I couldn't stand it to let it go to waste and we just don't have the time to go twice.

VLee
04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Sent you a PM...this would be wonderful. Just let me know.

Vickye

sconnell
04-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Would you mind sharing all of the fine print with me? I'm about to buy one and want to make sure I'll be able to use it.

curseofcurves
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Just so you know...You can exchange a specific gift certificate purchased through restaurant.com within 30 days for a general restaurant.com gift certificate. So, in this case, you could exchange and have $3 to spend on something in the future at restaurant.com.

At least, that's what I read in the fine print on the one I used this weekend. I wasn't aware you could do this. If passing it along doesn't work out, you can explore this option.

sconnell
04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Just so you know...You can exchange a specific gift certificate purchased through restaurant.com within 30 days for a general restaurant.com gift certificate. So, in this case, you could exchange and have $3 to spend on something in the future at restaurant.com.

At least, that's what I read in the fine print on the one I used this weekend. I wasn't aware you could do this. If passing it along doesn't work out, you can explore this option.

Oh that's good to know. I have purchased them in the past and not used them and would have loved this option.

a1tinkfans
04-20-2010, 08:08 PM
I actual looked at this today at restaurantdotcom
The "deal" was that you first had to spend $35 to get the discount, then only One certificate can be used per month per table, can't combine.
Also, late evening menu is Very different (as per someone else on dis) and the prices are greatly reduced and cheap, so may not even be worth using a certificate for late dining....
Just some of the things to know about.....Very nice of you OP to offer this out, had I not re-read that website, I;'d be doing same thing :rotfl2:
By the way, food is YUMMY there! We really liked it.

lizerbug
04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Between me and my daughter, we'll spend $35.00 on dinner - no worries there.

Here is the fine print:

* Limit one redemption per arty per month per restaurant
* Limit one restaurant-specific gift certificate per redemption. Only one restaurant-specific gift certificate can be used per party, even if the party is seated a separate tables and/or receives more that one check.
* Use of restaurant-specific gift certificates for alcoholic beverages is at the sole discretion of the restaurant.
* Restaurant agrees to comply with all state laws pertaining to the same.
* Restaurant-specific gift certificates cannot be combined with an other restaurant certificates, third party certificates, Restaurant.com certificates, coupons, or promotions.
* Restaurant-specific gift certificates cannot be used for taxes, tips, or prior balances.
* No cash value for restaurant-specific gift certificates.
* No cash back upon redemption or at any other time.
* Valid for parties of two or more unless otherwise stated.
* The issuing of restaurant credit is at the sole discretion of the restaurant unless otherwise required by law.
* Neither the seller or the restaurant is responsible for lost or stolen restaurant-specific gift certificates or reference numbers.
*Reproduction, sale or trade of this restaurant-specific gift certificate is prohibited unless unless done so in compliance with the law.
* Any attempted redemption not consistent with these terms and conditions will render the restaurant-specific gift certificate void.
* Void to the extent prohibited by law.
* Restaurant-specific gift certificates can be exchanged for restaurant.com gift certificates within 90 days of purchase date. No cash back on restaurant-specific gift certificates.
* Expires one year from date of issue, except in California and where otherwise prohibited by law.

Whew.........that was a mouthful :sad2:

pooh.kim
04-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know if they are strict about having to be a party of 2. I ordered one and now will be by myself. Since others had posted that alcohol was included, $35 isn't hard to reach even for one person. Don't want to make plans, however, if I will not be able to use it alone.

lizerbug
04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
You could always call the restaurant to ask. Or you could try and meet up with someone on disbards who will be there the same time as you.

Mysteria
04-20-2010, 11:16 PM
I bought one as well. Pretty good for $3.

HoB doesn't state they require 2 entrees to be purchased as some other restaurants do. Here is the description of what they require.

"Minimum purchase of $35. 18% Gratuity added prior to discount. Cannot be used for Gospel Brunch on Holidays or Special Events"

Call to verify but it looks like you'll be fine by yourself.

DOOM1001
04-20-2010, 11:28 PM
It's a great deal,I'm the one who went after 10pm and one thing to watch out if you go at this time is that the menu only offers appetizers,sandwiches,burgers and 3 salads.We decided to just order a few appetizers and that's when our waiter told us that appetizers are half off after 10pm,so even if you get 4 it's only like $20.I could have gone and spent the full $35 but decided to save the coupon for another day when the full menu is available.

BridetobeDisney
04-21-2010, 12:52 AM
I decided to go ahead and get 2 of the gift certificates. Are they strict on the once per month rule?

beansmom
04-21-2010, 08:32 AM
I decided to go ahead and get 2 of the gift certificates. Are they strict on the once per month rule?

I am curious...how do they KNOW if you use more than one per month?

TDC Nala
04-21-2010, 08:34 AM
I missed the one per month bit...bought some for my Vegas trip next month and if only one can be used, that ain't good. They only cost $2 though.

How do they know how many you use in a month?

DOOM1001
04-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I've never tried to use more than one per month in a restaurant,so I can't tell you if they really check if you used more than one per month.However I do know that each certificate has a number that the restaurant calls to make sure it's a good certificate and possibly when they call this number they might be able to know if another one was used there recently.

beansmom
04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I've never tried to use more than one per month in a restaurant,so I can't tell you if they really check if you used more than one per month.However I do know that each certificate has a number that the restaurant calls to make sure it's a good certificate and possibly when they call this number they might be able to know if another one was used there recently.

Doom, i bet that's how they know. They call to get authorization and are told if that account has used one there that month. Now I 'think' I know. I can sleep tonight.

Ann B
04-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I can only see the $25 for $10. Am I missing something? It sounds like a good deal!

Mysteria
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I can only see the $25 for $10. Am I missing something? It sounds like a good deal!

Use promo code FEAST when you check out.

Ann B
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Use promo code FEAST when you check out.

Thanks Mysteria.

dioxide45
04-22-2010, 11:01 PM

You can actually exchange the certificate for a generic one within 90 days. Also you don't get $3 to use later, you can exchange the generic certificate for a certificate of the same value. So if you bought a $25 cert for only $3, you can trade the generic cert for any restaurant specific cert that is worth $25, even if they don't have a current promo going on.

Doom, i bet that's how they know. They call to get authorization and are told if that account has used one there that month. Now I 'think' I know. I can sleep tonight.

They don't check really, they have no way to tell. The do use the validation line to validate that the certificate hasn't been used, but since people can give certificates away as gifts, the validation line won't indicate if another cert has been used at the same restaurant in the same month. Otherwise the gift recipient would have one unhappy surprise.

Mysteria
04-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks Mysteria.

You're welcome. :)

Mysteria
04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
They don't check really, they have no way to tell. The do use the validation line to validate that the certificate hasn't been used, but since people can give certificates away as gifts, the validation line won't indicate if another cert has been used at the same restaurant in the same month. Otherwise the gift recipient would have one unhappy surprise.

If you give one as a gift doesn't it then transfer to that persons name? I haven't tried so I'm just wondering. So I'm thinking if you keep one and give one as gift you would be able to use them in the same month.

disneylove69
04-23-2010, 02:55 AM
It doesn't have a name on it. To be safe you could just purchase them under different names. One under wife and the other under the husband.

dawnbu40
04-23-2010, 07:59 AM
There's a new code out "MEAL" and with that code the certificate is only 2$ :)

TDC Nala
04-23-2010, 08:17 AM
I could transfer some of the Vegas ones to my parents (I have four) but I've already bought them all. Will see if we can use them. If not, I have a friend in Vegas who'd probably like to have them.

mkovalm
04-23-2010, 08:44 AM

I'm pretty sure the site will not allow you to print off a 2nd certificate to the same restaurant until 1 month has passed since you printed the 1st certificate.

pixiesnake
04-23-2010, 09:00 AM
So they are good for a year? I have a trip in November and was planning on going to HOB - always wanted to try it. Is it better to order now or wait until closer to the trip?

crazy mama
04-23-2010, 11:37 AM
yes it says good for a year. I'd jump on it (I did) as $2 to get $25 off $35 (and 18% tip added automatically) is still a good deal. Who knows if they will still be on Restaurant.com at that point.

dioxide45
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the site will not allow you to print off a 2nd certificate to the same restaurant until 1 month has passed since you printed the 1st certificate.

You certainly can. No limitation on being able to print more than one cert.

yes it says good for a year. I'd jump on it (I did) as $2 to get $25 off $35 (and 18% tip added automatically) is still a good deal. Who knows if they will still be on Restaurant.com at that point.

If a restaurant stops using restaurant.com, they sometimes stop accepting the certs. It is best to call the restaurant if you don't see them on the site any more. Restaurant.com will exchange it for another if the restaurant stops accepting.

dansyr2514
04-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know...we just used one in HOB Myrtle Beach. There do add the 18% gratuity to the check and I believe you can include alcohol in your bill.

shannon1119
04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
I have used Restaurant.com for years, love them and have never had a problem. Just be sure to read the requirements for each restaurant. You can print more than one certificate per restaurant. I just bought 6 for Lilly's in Louisville. I have never tried to use more than one for the same restaurant per month but you CAN buy/print more than one at a time. Also, sign up for their mailing list. They send out discounts all the time. I usually have a 70-80% off code when I buy and never pay more than $2-$3 per certificate :)

HTH

TheMorgans
04-24-2010, 10:18 AM
I bought 2 of the HOB GC before I knew you could only use 1 per month. I am sure we will be back within a year but I would like to exchange it. Possibly Hemisphere Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport for breakfast on our departure morning.

dioxide45 - how can I exchange it for a different restaurant or a generic one?

Thanks in advance!

BTW- It was only $2 so if I can't exchange it I may just share the magic with someone going in. :littleangel:

dioxide45
04-24-2010, 12:10 PM
I bought 2 of the HOB GC before I knew you could only use 1 per month. I am sure we will be back within a year but I would like to exchange it. Possibly Hemisphere Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport for breakfast on our departure morning.

dioxide45 - how can I exchange it for a different restaurant or a generic one?

Thanks in advance!

BTW- It was only $2 so if I can't exchange it I may just share the magic with someone going in. :littleangel:

Absolutely. Just send an e-mail to restaurant.com and give them the cert number and ask them to exchange it for a restaurant.com certificate. They will take a couple days to get back with you. You can then use the redeem a gift option to change that $25 restaurant.com certificate in to a restaurant specific one. You don't even have to change it in to a restaurant specific cert right away. It will stay in your account and won't expire, so exchange it later when you know where you want to go.

2cats1kid
04-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Darn! Tried to register to get a cert for our next trip but you need a USA address, so I guess UK folks are excluded. Thought it was too good to be true!

dioxide45
04-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Darn! Tried to register to get a cert for our next trip but you need a USA address, so I guess UK folks are excluded. Thought it was too good to be true!

Yes, only for USA. But if you know someone in the USA, you could get them to buy one for you and send it via snail mail.

2cats1kid
04-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Just mentioned it to DH and he apparently gave a US colleague a $20 amazon.com voucher which he wasn't going to use as we use .co.uk, so this chap owes him a favour. It may still happen. We wanted to eat at HOB last time but didn't find time, so it may have to make it into the itinerary for next visit. :)

dioxide45
04-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Just an FYI, the new restaurant.com promo code is MEAL for 80% off. Just used it to pick up 5 generic certs that we can convert in the future, never seen a better deal than the 80%, though they usually offer this at least once a month. Did hear they offered 90% off on 9/9/09, but that was before I started using restaurant.com. So if you think you may use restaurant.com again in the future but don't have a place in mind yet, pick up some generic restaurant.com certificates for using later.

dixonsontour
04-24-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm UK based and had no problem using restaurant.com. Just put your hotel or villa address. Someone on the UK forum on here had emailed them and they also were fine with you using the restaurant.com address aswell.

The coupon comes by email.

dioxide45
04-24-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm UK based and had no problem using restaurant.com. Just put your hotel or villa address. Someone on the UK forum on here had emailed them and they also were fine with you using the restaurant.com address aswell.

The coupon comes by email.

What about when charging it to your credit card? No issues there since the addresses don't match? Though there is also a PayPal option.

dixonsontour
04-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Yes I used paypal and payment went through no problem.

2cats1kid
04-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for that. I've put in the hotel address and paid by Paypal and if it doesn't work it's only $2.

twooley2
04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
I wonder how it would work if I bouhgt one for my sisters family and one for my family. would they still let us use them even if I paid for both of the coupons with my account?

dioxide45
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
I wonder how it would work if I bouhgt one for my sisters family and one for my family. would they still let us use them even if I paid for both of the coupons with my account?

They will allow both certificates to be used, but not if you are seated at the same table or even look like you are together as a party. If going on different days, you will have no problem using one and your sister will also be fine with the certificate you give her.

Kay1
04-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Sorry. I found my own answer through search.