PDA

View Full Version : Ohana, The Wave or something else

DisneyFirstTimer10
04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Help us decide where to eat dinner on our first night in Disney (during our first trip)

Some facts:

-On the dining plan
-Must be in MK or on the monorail
-2 adults, 2 kids (4yo, 1.5yo)
-wanting to eat around 5pm or 6pm
- we have a dinner at Kona scheduled for later in the trip

Currently we have a reservation at Ohana for May- and availability at other restaurants is pretty good (wave, cali grill, etc) for the time we want....

where would you recommend? Ohana has been getting mixed reviews, so we want to hear what else is out there!

vettegirl
04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I would keep the Ohana ressie. I have eaten there twice last year and the service and food were amazing.

DisneyFirstTimer10
04-19-2010, 07:57 PM
I am leaning towards it for the kids, and plus I kind of like that I was able to get a reservation here :) How long would you say we estimate to be there for? We have a 5:05pm reservation..... how early should we show up to check in?

jwfla422
04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
O'hana would be good with young children because it's lively and they do the kid's activities. We love the Wave and prefer it to O'Hana but my dd is almost 12 and she doesn't mind the more adult themed atmosphere. If you choose O'hana I would give it at very minimum, an hour. We've always had some kind of wait regardless of our ADR time or day. You can show up earlier but from experience if a restaurant is booked up, you may not sit before your ADR time no matter when you check in. But, since you may be one of the first reservations at 5:05 you may be able to sit pretty quickly.

I have reviews of both restaurants on my dining website. Feel free to check it out under the resorts section of the website. (Contemporary-The Wave/Polynesian-O'Hana)

www.disneydiningreviews.com

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Well I have read a lot of positive reviews about The Wave, however if it's more for the kids I would keep your ADR at Ohana.

DisneyFirstTimer10
04-20-2010, 06:44 AM
thank you!

edited to add:

JWFLA- I LOVE your review site. :)

JennyDrake
04-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I'll echo what has been said--if it is mostly for the kids go to Ohana, but expect a wait to be seated.

Costino1
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM
The Wave is an amazing place! I feel like I am their personal sponsor since I talk so much good stuff about that new place!

However, Ohana is great too! Fun for kids as well! Yes, they do have kiddie options since I doubt the kids will want the fire-grilled foods that they offer.

Just a warning.....you will eat WAYYYY too much guaranteed and will not want to walk around the parks after!!!

Thenickman
04-22-2010, 08:06 PM
the wave is a very contemperary and has very new wave vibe. ohana would have to be my choice. it is histarically fun for the kids and has a very family vibe. I would choose ohana:goodvibes