PDA

View Full Version : The Wave at Contemporary

Costino1
04-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Just want to say this restaurant is AMAZING! I was very disappointed that the Concourse Steakhouse closed up because I loved the view and atmosphere of sitting in the Contemporary while the monorails buzzed overhead.

However we switched to this new restaurant which is located near the lobby...amazing place! Great food....great service...great atmosphere!

If you need another restaurant for the week...GO HERE!!!!!!

If you're not happy ill personally reimburse you for your meal!!!

*see disclaimer below*

***Bob is not responsible for bad food or bad service and therefore cannot reimburse said customer over poor experience and lack of satisfactory meal. lol :dance3:

AppleSister1
04-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Agreed! I tried this twice for lunch in January. Fantastic food, service and wine!

BLTtinkerbell
04-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Please tell us what you and those in your party ordered. I love to hear what people get and what they think. Also, did you take any pictures? Thanks.

budbeerlady
04-19-2010, 02:38 PM
We also like the food alot. I had the vegetable stew. and Dh had the lamb. His looked good and he was almost licking the plate clean. I really enjoyed my dish, not a stew like soupy, like I was expecting. It was wonderful, more of a rice dish.

And dessert here, OMG! You get 3 desserts in a sampler mix. Dh and I share them, so we can try 6. They are so good!

jamie@dvcstore
04-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi Costino1,
Thanks for your review. I agree completely with what you said. You can not go wrong at The Wave. Excellent all the way. :goodvibes
________
Expert Insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

trickiwoo
04-19-2010, 04:04 PM
I have an ADR for The Wave in September!!! I can't wait to try it!

BEASLYBOO
04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Everyone has been raving about the Wave and we have reservations in June. The menu looks interesting, can't wait!

CrabbyPatty
04-19-2010, 05:17 PM
I've been pondering The Wave for an ADR - is there a view from the restaurant? (The interior picture in the DIS dining section is of some tables and chairs.) Thanks!

princessallegra
04-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Glad you loved it! We can't wait to try it! We have an ADR for lunch in June :goodvibes:goodvibes

honeydiane1953
04-19-2010, 06:36 PM
We adore THE WAVE. Quiet, calming and food is great. Didn't get to go last week but next trip we def. will. SO GOOD

ccigliano
04-19-2010, 06:48 PM
We enjoyed the Wave too. I had their version of a chicken pot pie and it was delicious. Not your everyday pot pie either and then I had some type of dessert that was a sampler - maybe creme brulee?? We're heading back on our next trip in May.

tinkerbell60
04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
We ate there last July. First, to answer someone's question - there is no "view", but the atmosphere is very relaxing. The lighting is subdued, but not dark.

DH had the sustainable fish which was salmon - and he loved it. I had the flank steak which is no longer on the menu :((( - it was delicious. The kids had the linguine from the kid's menu and it was really good too. The dessert samplers are awesome.

I highly recommend it!!

vinotinto
04-19-2010, 06:55 PM
We also had a very enjoyable meal at The Wave back in Oct. As much as we were enjoying Disney it was nice to go to a restaurant that felt like a "real" restaurant - with no characters or cuteness. And the food was solid. I had the lamb shank and DH had the beef (a nice cut - filet, maybe?) and we both enjoyed it greatly. I also liked the sugar-free dessert trio. Size was perfect(read - not big) and all three of them were different from each other. :thumbsup2

edit to add: Kids liked it too. They ate the kid's meal and some of our food without any complaints.

jwfla422
04-19-2010, 09:17 PM
No views at the Wave, but you don't need it. And honestly it's a simple, modern looking restaurant that doesn't thrive on Disney decor but on it's awesome food and A+ service.:thumbsup2

I also agree this is a fabulous restaurant. We've been here a few times now for dinner and have loved it each time..ok the last time I was a bit full, LOL! (which I try to avoid, but sometimes, well you know how that goes...:lmao:)

So last time we had to give a try for breakfast and it was great and reasonable!!! DD even loves it! There may not be characters but if you really want an enjoyable and quick breakfast you must try it here!

I have a review of dinner on my website. I MUST get my breakfast review up as well but you can check it out if you like. We have ADRs for both meals for our trip next week (I would love to try lunch here too one day)!

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/wave-dinner-review.htm

Costino1
04-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Unforunately I didn't take any pics. It's in a secluded quiet corner of the Contemporary without any windows so no there isn't any views outside of it. I ordered the steak and I believe my parents did too. It was of course amazing! The desserts were great as well!

The menu said it was all "healthy and organic" which kind of scared me....but do not worry it was all great!

It's a great quiet place to get away from the Disney rush for an hour....they also have a bar in there as well.

I loved it so much we're actually starting our trip off there for dinner in 29 days