PDA

View Full Version : What's up with school bread?

Carnotaurus
04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
This was our favorite Disney food until they changed it a couple years ago. They made it smaller, which wasn't that big of a deal, and switched from white icing to caramel, from grated coconut to toasted coconut.

The caramel was thing that really made me cry. (Which sounds ridiculous, I know.)

Does anybody know what the school bread at Kringla Bakeri looks like these days?

TDC Nala
04-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Had one in October and it is the smaller version with caramel icing and toasted coconut.

Planogirl
04-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Pssstttt... Try the lefse. ;)

I was looking through menus the other day and I didn't see the rice cream. I hope that they quit changing Kringla.

carol-lamb
04-18-2010, 12:57 PM
We just had some school bread a couple of weeks ago and we prefer the new version with the caramel icing and toasted coconut. It was as delicious as ever. Can't wait for some more during my next trip near the end of May.

summerlady
04-18-2010, 01:02 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I couldn't wait to try it last May after reading all the great reviews of it here and I didn't like it at all.

TaraPA
04-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Just there last month & sadly, it's still the caramel icing. I got the sweet pretzel instead!

PoohsFan1
04-18-2010, 04:15 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I couldn't wait to try it last May after reading all the great reviews of it here and I didn't like it at all.

I know what you mean....in March we stopped at Kringla Bakery for some snacks and I had to have the School Bread because of all of the rave reviews that I had read about. And my opinion, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting, I guess I was hyping it up too much. I normally get the creamed horns and I had wished that I had gotten that instead of the School Bread.

OrangeJax
04-18-2010, 04:37 PM
DH and I went with specific intentions to try school bread. We loved it... and as we speak my DH is attempting to recreate it using a recipe from Allears!

After we shared a (delicious) school bread, I went back in and asked the (very cute) cast member to recommend something equally as delicious to try. He suggested lefse. It was so good! It's a sweet tortilla-like rolled pastry. So yummy!

Carnotaurus
04-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Drat. I can see why someone would like the new school bread. (It's still caramel and custard.) But I can't understand why you would mess with a recipe as beloved as that one.

summerlady
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
I know what you mean....in March we stopped at Kringla Bakery for some snacks and I had to have the School Bread because of all of the rave reviews that I had read about. And my opinion, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting, I guess I was hyping it up too much. I normally get the creamed horns and I had wished that I had gotten that instead of the School Bread.

Exactly. It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I much prefer the sweet pretzels. Yum.