PDA

View Full Version : Is it Correct that San Angel Inn Will Still be Open During the Rehab???

Katems
04-18-2010, 11:08 AM
I've read that the San Angel Inn restaurant will still be open during the big rehab building of a new restaurant....is this true?? I'm not sure how it can be true if they're building a new indoor waterside restaurant....wouldn't this HAVE to close the current indoor waterside restaurant?

I want to make my reservations for the end of August, but I'm afraid to make a ressie there and then find out it is closed and no other table service restaurant will be available on such short notice.

And if it really IS open, any idea how affected it will be by construction? Would it be really unpleasant to eat there with such an affected atmosphere?

Anyone have any inside info? Thanks!

Disneygeek714
04-18-2010, 11:13 AM
We have a reservation for San Angel about the third week of August, so apparently they're going to be open.

CarolMN
04-18-2010, 11:14 AM
The new waterside restaurant will be outside of the pavilion. It is the outside CS restaurant that is affected. After the rehab, the outside restaurant will be CS for lunch hours and then will switch to TS for the evening / dinner hours.

The San Angel Inn, located inside the Mexico Pavilion, is not affected by this rehab.

TDC Nala
04-18-2010, 11:23 AM
The restaurant being rehabbed is outside the pavilion, not inside. It was the former CS restaurant, Cantina de San Angel, that was torn down for the building of the new restaurant. The new restaurant is scheduled to have some indoor seating, which Cantina de San Angel did not have...thus the reference to an "indoor waterside" restaurant. By "waterside" they mean the World Showcase lagoon, not the water ride inside the pavilion.

Its construction does not affect the San Angel Inn inside the pavilion at all.

Katems
04-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks so much for the quick, accurate answers!!