PDA

View Full Version : DHS to Flying Fish Cafe?

minnieandfamily
04-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Hello!

What is the best/fastest way to get from DHS to Flying Fish? We will be staying on property (BLT) but may also have a car. Just wondering if we should drive to DHS that day and take our car to Flying Fish. Or use Disney transportation - I read something about a boat shuttle?

Thanks!

GoodFairies
04-17-2010, 09:41 PM
If you are planning on going back to DHS after dinner, you can walk it or take the boat. If you aren't, I'd just drive there.

Silver Queen
04-17-2010, 09:55 PM
The boat ride from DHS to the boardwalk (Flying Fish) is very pleasant. If we were in your position after dinner we would go to the front of the Boardwalk resort and catch a bus to the MK. It will leave you right next to BLT.

TDC Nala
04-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I would walk it if you're planning to go back to Studios, weather permitting. Much shorter than the boat ride if you cut through the Boardwalk pool area. You, however, may not want to do that with very small children, you might prefer the boat. The boat ride itself will take about 20 minutes (not counting time waiting for the boat to arrive at DHS). If you plan to leave from Flying Fish you might want to take your car.

CarolMN
04-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Parking at the BW could be an issue in the early evening (5pm -10pm). You may end up at the lot behind the Hess station. If so, that's nearly as long a walk as walking from DHS to the BW.

I'd take the boat - it lets you off right at the Flying Fish. Very convenient. If it's not still running when you leave you can walk back. But it should be running until at least 1/2 hour or so after EPCOT or DHS closes, which ever is later.

I agree with Silver Queen if you want to go back to BLT after dinner and the MK is still open. The walk from the MK bus stop back to the BLT is short!

So depending on your plans for after dinner (really how late you will be at the BW), using Disney transportation (rather than your car) could be a very nice option!

jkh1978
04-18-2010, 01:30 PM
walk. I was surprised how easy it was to walk between the epcot resorts and DHS.

minnieandfamily
04-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the great information. Our ADR is at 6pm and we may walk around the Boardwalk area afterwards since we have never been there before. We'll just have our 4 year old with us - she never seems to tire of walking (although maybe that won't be the case after a day walking around DHS!) so I think we'll try taking the boat or walking, depending on how she's doing and if there's a long line for the boat. Thanks for the tip about the parking lots being full at Boardwalk in the evenings - a good reason to leave the car behind that day!

AppleSister1
04-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Boardwalk is a lovely area...and you can take the MK bus from Boardwalk, YC or BC as well.

Have fun!:cutie: