PDA

View Full Version : Disney experts! Need help with itinerary!

airforcemomof2
04-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I need help please! Could you look at my tentative itinerary and tell me whether I am going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get to ADR's? Or if the times I picked suck? I worry about my 11 month old and him getting too stressed. I want this to be an enjoyable vacation, and although I want to try neat restaurants, that is not the whole point of the trip for us. Does anyone know off the top of their head how many credits I have used here?
Here goes:

Wed, 25 Aug 10 - Arrive from VA via plane @ 4:30. We have ressies at CBR. I made ADR for Chef Mickey's @ 7:50. (Will we make it??)
Thur, 26 Aug 10 - MK
ADR @ Crystal palace @ 6:55 for dinner. Was thinking about lunch at Columbia Harbour around 1130?
Fri, 27 Aug 10 - NOTHING YET
Sat, 28 Aug 10 - AK
ADR @ Boma @ 8:10 (what time do we need to leave the park?)
Sun, 29 Aug 10 - DHS
ADR @ Brown Derby @ 6:30. Will we need to go back to the room and change? Is this restaurant even a good choice for kids?
Mon, 30 Aug 10 - Epcot
ADR Garden Grill @ 4:00
Plan to do Illuminations @ 9:00
31 Aug 10 - MK
ADR @ California Grill @ 7:45 and plan to watch fireworks from there (Do we need to dress up?)
1 Sep 10 ( MY B-DAY!!!) Epcot again? Not sure
ADR @ Artist Point @ 8:05. Again, is the is good restaurant for kids and what time would we need to leave the park to get there on time?
2 Sep 10 - Leave @ 1200, so will prolly just hang out at CBR

THANK YOU!!:worship:

Cafeen
04-17-2010, 04:26 PM
I need help please! Could you look at my tentative itinerary and tell me whether I am going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get to ADR's? Or if the times I picked suck? I worry about my 11 month old and him getting too stressed. I want this to be an enjoyable vacation, and although I want to try neat restaurants, that is not the whole point of the trip for us. Does anyone know off the top of their head how many credits I have used here?
Here goes:

Wed, 25 Aug 10 - Arrive from VA via plane @ 4:30. We have ressies at CBR. I made ADR for Chef Mickey's @ 7:50 1 Credit (Total: 1). (Will we make it??)
They say to typically allow for 2-2 1/2 hrs from landing to getting into your room (2 1/2 being a pretty high estimate). You should be settled in by about 6:30, giving you almost an hour and a half to get there. You should be fine unless considerable delays happen.

Thur, 26 Aug 10 - MK
ADR @ Crystal palace @ 6:55 for dinner 1 Credit (Total: 2). Was thinking about lunch at Columbia Harbour around 1130?
Sounds solid

Fri, 27 Aug 10 - NOTHING YET

Sat, 28 Aug 10 - AK
ADR @ Boma 1 Credit (Total: 3) @ 8:10 (what time do we need to leave the park?)
Well, AK closes at 5 that day (at least, as of the calendar right now), so there's a bit of time between closing and your ADR. You can either head over to AKL early and check out the resort, or head back to your own for a bit (you may want to head out an hour or so before AK closing for that) before heading over.

The only concern here is that the only park open after 9 is MK that night, so using buses to get back to CBR is doable, but it may take a little longer than expected and you may end up with a full bus back to CBR. A taxi may be the way to go here.

You may also want to look into a slightly earlier time (6-7ish if available) as this would better allow you to stay until closing, the bus over to AKL and not have to wait several hours until your ADR time. It would also make heading back to CBR a bit easier, as both Epcot and MK should still be open, giving you a little bit more opportunity to transfer buses (and the MK to CBR bus shouldn't be quite as full)

Sun, 29 Aug 10 - DHS
ADR @ Brown Derby 2 Credits (Total: 5) @ 6:30. Will we need to go back to the room and change? Is this restaurant even a good choice for kids?
As far as attire, make sure to check out the dress code for the restaurant. Typically, appropriate park clothes will be ok, so long as they follow the loose guidelines for the restaurant.

Mon, 30 Aug 10 - Epcot
ADR Garden Grill @ 4:00 1 Credit (Total: 6)
Plan to do Illuminations @ 9:00
Sounds like a plan :)

31 Aug 10 - MK
ADR @ California Grill 2 Credits (Total: 8) @ 7:45 and plan to watch fireworks from there (Do we need to dress up?)
Like Brown Derby, typically decent park clothes will work just fine. Although people do like to dress up a little, so long as you avoid the "Not allowed in the Dining Room" items, you'll be just fine.

1 Sep 10 ( MY B-DAY!!!) Epcot again? Not sure
ADR @ Artist Point 2 Credits (Total: 10) @ 8:05. Again, is the is good restaurant for kids and what time would we need to leave the park to get there on time?
Happy B-DAY!

I'd give an hour to 90 minutes travel time, but that's just me. I'm only guessing anyway :p. I'm not entirely sure of the transportation options to WL from Epcot, but my gut would suggest a bus or Monorail to TTC to boat to WL (or Monorail to MK to boat... not really sure of the logistics there, someone else will be I'm sure).

(Edit) Also, this is one of a few places that I'm really looking forward to when I visit at the end of September. I'm a red meat fan and the food there is really calling to me :)

2 Sep 10 - Leave @ 1200, so will prolly just hang out at CBR
If you're using ME, remember that you will be scheduled to be on the ME bus about 3 hours before your departure.

airforcemomof2
04-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Thank you so much!

TheDisneyingNewfie
04-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi airforcemomof2,

I agree. Looks pretty solid. After reading it over once or twice I realized we'll be there at the same time. :goodvibes

I note that you don't have Fantasmic down. It is on the Sunday you're at DHS (that's the day we're going to try to make it too).

Have fun!

airforcemomof2
04-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I forgot to add that! Thanks!
PS - you are going to LOVE :love: the Wonder! We did an 11 day cruise in 2006 and it was hands down the best vacation ever. SOOO super excited for you!