PDA

View Full Version : Brown Derby Menu changes?

njmomof2
04-17-2010, 02:41 PM
I made lunch reservations at the BD for early next month, hoping to get the Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake. I just noticed today that the menu has changed. They no longer have a lunch menu, just a dinner menu, and the Cobb Salad is now only offered as an appetizer. Since I am not on the dining plan and don't want to eat a full dinner at lunch this is not good news.
Has anyone eaten lunch here since the change and been able to just get the Cobb Salad?

I am truing to decide if I want to cancel our reservations. Too bad I was looking forward to it.

I guess it would be hard to justify 2 TS credits for a Cobb Salad thus the change.

mom2rb
04-17-2010, 02:45 PM
I would just pay out of pocket for the Cobb Salad and the Grapefruit Cake. I love the salad, I didn't care for the cake but lots of people love it.

carol-lamb
04-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I just noticed the menu change yesterday when I was making ADRs for my upcoming trip in May. We usually eat there for lunch and order the cobb salad. I was wondering if the cobb salad for two is the same as the entree size. Hopefully someone who has eaten there recently can answer our questions.

Nancy F
04-18-2010, 12:22 PM
I just noticed the menu change yesterday when I was making ADRs for my upcoming trip in May. We usually eat there for lunch and order the cobb salad. I was wondering if the cobb salad for two is the same as the entree size. Hopefully someone who has eaten there recently can answer our questions.

We alaways get it as an appetizer. I love salad and if it's enough for us together.. I'm sure it would be enough for one as a meal.
Nancy

obxDis
04-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I have never had lunch at the Brown Derby but we had the "Cobb Salad for Two" before dinner on our recent trip and I think most folks would consider it a meal sized salad. If you call the Disney Dining phone number they may be able to tell you if it's the same size or connect you with the hostess stand to confirm the size.

carol-lamb
04-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the replies regarding the cobb salad. I am going with my son and we both love that salad so I think I will make an ADR for lunch and we can both order the salad for two! I also hope they still serve their delicious rolls. They are just like the ones at Mama Melrose and they are so good - especially when they are steaming hot.

GeorgeG
04-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Menus change from time to time at just about all WDW retsaurants (even the counter service ones) so while it's great to look forward to a favorite dish, you can't always depend on it being available. I have mixed feelings about meal plans and even though we started our WDW vacations with dining plans years ago, we haven't bothered with them for many years. Ours included everything on the menus (except alcohol), but every meal had to be at a table service restaurant. We find just winging it to make for a more enjoyable time and we just go for what we want when we want it.

If U Had Wings
04-19-2010, 08:51 AM
I had the Cobb salad appetizer for a meal when I went to Disney last month. It was more than enough for an entree. I actually had a hard time finishing it. I wasn't on the meal plan though, so I'm not sure if they allow substitutions like that. I'd probably just pay OOP for it if I had been, as just the salad wouldn't be worth using two table credits.