PDA

View Full Version : Why no Character meal at Downton Disney?

stoudt6
04-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Obviously it would be Dinner Only but think it would be a hit for that Area especially at old Pleasure Island. Think a Boys/Vilians meal would even be better.:confused3

disneyjay
04-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I believe the Regal Sun resort across from DTD has a sat. morn character breakfast.

TDC Nala
04-17-2010, 04:06 PM
For character meals, Disney appears to be sticking with having them inside the theme parks or at resorts within walking or monorail distance of theme parks. Some of the outlying resorts used to have character meals but they were done away with.

There's also only one restaurant at DTD that is operated by Disney, so if they were to have a character meal anywhere else, they'd have to have some sort of third party agreement like they no doubt have for Disney characters to appear at the Regal Sun (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for breakfast) and the Swan (nightly character dinner, character breakfast on weekends).

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
04-17-2010, 04:22 PM
True story but a lot long time Chef Mickey's use to be located where the Rainforest Cafe is, so they use to have character meals at Downtown Disney.

kaybird
04-17-2010, 05:23 PM
There was also a charater meal at DTD on the boat that is now Foulton's. We went to that several times. They all come and go.

Art 1
04-17-2010, 05:35 PM
There was also a charater meal at DTD on the boat that is now Foulton's. We went to that several times. They all come and go.

I remember that one. Took our oldest there maybe in 1986. Time flies.

wezee
04-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Better idea is to bring back PI as an adults getaway.

Cookie Princess
04-18-2010, 09:10 AM
True story but a lot long time Chef Mickey's use to be located where the Rainforest Cafe is, so they use to have character meals at Downtown Disney.

Now you are just making some of us look old...ha-ha! I do remember eating dinner here around 1989.

oybolshoi
04-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Better idea is to bring back PI as an adults getaway.

Preaching to the choir here! :thumbsup2

In regard to the original post, I think TDC Nala is correct - there are very few, if any, Disney owned and operated restaurants at DTD. Why should they set something up with a third party and then not recognize all the profits from the character meal? Even if they did (and do in some rare instances - The Swan, for one) they would never establish something that could be as potentially popular as a Villain character experience in a non-Disney owned locale ... they want your money too badly for that.

mom2rb
04-18-2010, 09:39 AM

I went to this one on my honeymoon, in 1996. It was great.

TDC Nala
04-18-2010, 10:47 AM
I actually think they could squeeze some life into Cap'n Jack's (the only Disney-operated restaurant at DTD) if they were to retheme it as a pirate lair and hire some pirates.

Planogirl
04-18-2010, 12:42 PM
I actually think they could squeeze some life into Cap'n Jack's (the only Disney-operated restaurant at DTD) if they were to retheme it as a pirate lair and hire some pirates.
Ooh, I like that! The name already fits too. :thumbsup2

ajjollie23
04-18-2010, 12:50 PM
A pirate themed character meal @ Cap'n Jacks...that would be lots of fun, my boys would LOVE that !! pirate: