PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package

sdrsdd
04-17-2010, 08:08 AM
I am interested in doing this possible. I will have the DDP (4 adults and 3 kids)---do I book this at my reg. 180 day window? Is it only 1 TS credit? Which restaurant is the best?

Hugpug
04-17-2010, 08:13 AM
I would say with the number in your party yes I would do it as long as it is not 2 TS credits. I like Mama Melrose myself. Be aware the reserve setting at Fantasmic are not the best. Me I never do this since it is only me I don't have a problem finding a good seat.

DD Beech Bluff
04-17-2010, 08:18 AM
DW and I were there in Jan. and loved Mama's. It was only one credit but we could only do lunch menu. Latest reservation time was around 2:45. Services was very good. Even thought the DDP didn't include appetizer, our waiter allowed us to order it since it's part of the Fantasmic Package.

BTW...we saw Fantasmic on the coldest night of the year and shivered thru 25 degree cold...had to feel sorry for Ariel.

jdisnut
04-17-2010, 08:46 AM
I am interested in doing this possible. I will have the DDP (4 adults and 3 kids)---do I book this at my reg. 180 day window? Is it only 1 TS credit? Which restaurant is the best?
Yes, you can book the Fantasmic! Dinner Package at the 180-day mark, just like any other dining experience. If you eat at Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose's, the package is worth one table service credit on the dining plan. The Hollywood Brown Derby costs two credits.

I like Mama Melrose's with the Fantasmic! package. It's a great option during the busy season when lines for Fantasmic! can become insane.

Good luck!

Totoro
04-17-2010, 09:45 AM

We did this on the DDP last year at Mama Melrose. We booked with our other ADRs and it was only one TS. I was surprised that the Fantasmic packages have you scheduled to eat earlier--ours was a 4:30 p.m. We thought it was worth it to avoid waiting in the lines. There really is no bad seat in the stadium.
:)

missminniemouse
04-17-2010, 09:04 PM
We did this last year at Hollywood & Vine. Never again! The food was just OK and the service was lousy. It was also extremely noisy in the restaurant. I'd recommend Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package. ::MinnieMo

TinkerbellinLouisian
04-18-2010, 12:05 AM
I am not sure when you can book it... I booked it WAY in advance (6 months perhaps) for my May 12th ADR... (at HBD).... OOP this time.. not DDP...

We did F! Dining with H&V in July 2008...and LOVED it... (did DDP)

I know H&V gets a "bad rap" on dis ...but for our Family of Five... Me - wanting some 'good food' and teens ranging from 'picky' to 'newly vegetarian'...it was the only option for everyone to eat and to get our moneys' worth....

It is only 1 TS credit.

I suggest you look at the menu's. If (with a large group as you have) you find you should opt for H&V.. (which is the cheapest option).... I think the kids will LOVE the "Make your own Sundae Bar"...

Have a magical visit !

Mary

PattnFmly
04-18-2010, 08:24 AM
We booked it at our 180 day mark too. Just decided to try it this year since Fantasmic only has a few showings our week, and we're afraid it will be quite busy! We booked H&V too, for 1 TS credit, because as PP said, we have such varied family tastes that buffets work out best for us. Trip is this summer though, so no food review - yet!

TDC Nala
04-18-2010, 10:51 AM
You can book at 180 days. The package is not available to book online, you must call WDW-DINE to reserve it. Dinner packages are usually between 3 and 5 pm, no later. They're now featuring lunch packages on some dates, which are earlier and you get the lunch menu. DDP costs are 1 TS credit for Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose, 2 credits for Brown Derby.