PDA

View Full Version : Picky teen - question

JenniBB
04-16-2010, 09:51 PM
My 13 yo ds is not an adventurous eater. If we were to go to the sci fi dine in theater (for example) would they be able to make a burger during DINNER - it is not on the dinner menu, only the lunch menu. :sad2: Really, he drives me NUTS, but I don't want to be at mcdonalds every day just because he won't be a little more flexible.
Thanks!

PictureJumpr
04-16-2010, 09:58 PM
While I've never had anyone do it at Sci-Fi, specifically, I do know from experience that they will bring adults (even 30-odd-year-old-women-you-sometimes-want-to-strangle :rolleyes: ) meals composed of items from the kids' menu, although plated for adults. There is a cheeseburger on the kids' menu at Sci-Fi, so you should be safe.

I had a friend with me once who ate chicken strips/nuggets at almost every restaurant. She was 33 at the time.

JenniBB
04-16-2010, 09:59 PM
While I've never had anyone do it at Sci-Fi, specifically, I do know from experience that they will bring adults (even 30-odd-year-old-women-you-sometimes-want-to-strangle :rolleyes: ) meals composed of items from the kids' menu, although plated for adults. There is a cheeseburger on the kids' menu at Sci-Fi, so you should be safe.

I had a friend with me once who ate chicken strips/nuggets at almost every restaurant. She was 33 at the time.

Thanks for your quick reply! I've been agonizing over our ADRs because of the menus - based on making sure there is SOMETHING he will eat. GRR! So if it is on the kids' menu I should be "safe". Thanks!

jdisnut
04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Speaking specifically about Sci-Fi, your son will be able to order the burger off the lunch menu at dinner. This question comes up fairly often on these boards. I cannot understand why the restaurant decided to leave one of the few edible items off the dinner menu. It really doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, I have read plenty of posts confirming that they are happy to comply with frequent requests for burgers.