PDA

View Full Version : Will I be able to see Illuminations??

Jetta8300
04-16-2010, 06:52 PM
I made dining reservations in Mid October, on a Wednesday, at LeCellier for 7:15 pm. I've heard they take a while to seat you. It's our first trip to Disney and don't want to miss Illuminations!! Do you all think I will make it out in time??:confused::confused:

MinnieLovesMickey
04-16-2010, 07:00 PM
In my experience, it can take a while to get seated. Last time DH and I visited, we had 7:30pm ressies and it was almost 8pm before we were seated. We ended up not getting done with dinner until the park was closed. :confused3

HAve you thought about Rose and Crown. They have lagoon side seating which you can request at check in time (no guarantees). If not, they'll still let you go out on the dock to watch it.

Since this will be your first time watching it, just enjoy it, don't try to do pictures or anything like that. You need to just take it all in, I like it even better than Wishes!

Hope this helps.:goodvibes

missminniemouse
04-16-2010, 08:30 PM
The last 2 times we dined at LeCellier, we waited 45 minutes past our ADR time to be seated. Very poor as far as I'm concerned. There are plenty of other restaurants around world showcase that have good food and much better service than LeCellier. As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of the place. ::MinnieMo

MSLRAC
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
We had a 7 pm LeCellier ADR and we were seated right at 7. I don't remember what time we got out but Illuminations had not started. We made it out the International Gateway and were almost all the way back to the Boardwalk before we heard it start. So if you are seated promptly, I think you will be fine. If you are seated late, then you might have a problem.

Twitterpated!
04-17-2010, 12:15 AM
When we went to LC, February of 2007, we had 7:15 reservations, and I am pretty sure we did not get in until almost 8pm. I would not count on getting out on time.

I'm with MinnieLovesMickey thinking you might want to consider Rose & Crown. I think it is one of the most underrated restaurants on the property. The atmosphere is so friendly and relaxing, especially after a long day at the parks and they time everything really well so that you can go out and see Illuminations from their patio, if you are not able to score a patio table. (Personally, I prefer eating inside for that Pub atmosphere!)

We did really enjoy LC as well, but if it is your only chance to catch Illuminations, I don't think it is worth missing it for.

aubriee
04-17-2010, 05:00 AM
The last time we ate at Le Cellier our ADR was for like 7:15pm and it was a little after 8pm before we got seated. They were running about an hour behind. We tried to check in just a little early and they told us how far behind they were and told us to come back no sooner than 15 minutes prior to our ADR time. We did and still waited over an hour. We did not get out until after Illuminations. It was very nice walking out of an almost empty park though.

RMulieri
04-17-2010, 08:45 AM
You may or may not be out in time.We waited about 40-45 mins past adr time.Important to realize is that 1) it is one of,if not the most popular restaurants on property and 2) it is very very small.I think the capacity for the place is 150 people..So adrs frequently run behind.

Jetta8300
04-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone! I did end up changing reservations to chefs de france (yes I know probably not as good food) but It will be my only chance to see Illuminations, and I want to be POSITIVE I won't miss it! 6:50 reservations. should be safe now. hopefully another time I will get those prized LeCellier reservations again! haha.:laughing::laughing::laughing: