PDA

View Full Version : Boma or Narcoossees??

Motomom06
04-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Here is my dilemma - staying at the Grand Floridian. We don't LOVE the AK and we are having breakfast a with Donald Duck at Tusker House. AK closes at 5 the day we are there. Do we leave AK when we are done, go back to the GF relax and go to dinner at Narcoossees or is it worth it to hang around AK and go to dinner at 5/ 5:30 at Boma. Have never eaten there nor have I ever been to the AKL. Would really like to see it, but since the GF is so far away from AK and AKL, if I leave AK, I'm not going back in the same day.

Uncleromulus
04-16-2010, 10:33 AM
If this were a choice between Jiko and Narcoossee's, I'd suggest Jiko.
But Boma is a buffet and Narcoossee's is a nice sit-down restaurant (like Jiko). So in this case, I'd go back to the GF and have a nice dinner at Narcoossee's!!

Motomom06
04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks! - Like I said, I have never been there and I thought Boma was the nice restaurant. So you think we should hang around for Jiko?

Uncleromulus
04-16-2010, 10:49 AM
I would. If you can get dinner at 5, I would suspect you could find SOMETHING to do at AK until a bit after 4. Then you could go to the AKL, wander around, and then have dinner.
Now--if you are going to be through at the AK around noon and would have NOTHING to do, then I'd go back to the GF.

ROEDISNEY
04-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Boma or Narcoosee's no ? for me Narcoossee's. Like Boma but it don't compare to Narcoossee's.

mickeysgirl17
04-16-2010, 11:31 AM
I would pick Narcoossee's over Boma if I had to choose one. But, it is also a lot more convienient to go to Boma right after AK if you are hungry. If you want to relax at the GF first though, then choose Narcoossee's.

itchin2go
04-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Are you spending other evenings at GF? If so, then hanging out at AKL and trying one of the restaurants there might be a good change of pace. I would definitely spend an evening or two hanging out at the GF if I were staying there. Just kind of depends on what the rest of the itinerary looks like.

staceyf197
04-16-2010, 01:03 PM
I would go with Narcoosses over Boma. Like the previous poster has said Narcoossees is more on par with Jiko. We went to Narcoossees last August and we enjoyed it.

arcticdisneylovers
04-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Ak is not a full day park for us either. I would head back to GF to relax and then go to Narcossee's. We really liked it and we are definately going back in January. The service and food were top notch :cool1:

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
04-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I would go with Boma because my family and I have been there a few times for dinner and we thought everything about it was amazing.

DisneyMomx7
04-16-2010, 02:35 PM
We've eaten at both and I would pick Narcoossee's any day over Boma.

MissionMouse
04-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I regard to dining I would suggest Narcoossee's, a buffet does not compare to a Disney Signature Restaurant.

In regard to seeing AKL you can easily see the resort and animals (if it is feeding time) sometime earlier than 5pm by hoping on the resort bus at AK. Another option would be to dine at Jiko like some others have mentioned.

Forever Fairy
04-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Here is my dilemma - staying at the Grand Floridian. We don't LOVE the AK and we are having breakfast a with Donald Duck at Tusker House. AK closes at 5 the day we are there. Do we leave AK when we are done, go back to the GF relax and go to dinner at Narcoossees or is it worth it to hang around AK and go to dinner at 5/ 5:30 at Boma. Have never eaten there nor have I ever been to the AKL. Would really like to see it, but since the GF is so far away from AK and AKL, if I leave AK, I'm not going back in the same day.

Although the food was good at Boma - as other's have said it is a Buffet. Personally, I would pick Narcoossee's - I really love the small atmosphere and the food!

vicki845
04-17-2010, 03:50 PM
If you are taking your kids with you, I would either go to Boma or put the kids in the kids club at the GF and enjoy a delicious meal at Narcossees. I have been to both and recommend them but Boma is more of a family buffet restaurant, and Narcossees is more of a romantic place for couples. You can brings kids there, but I for one know my kids wouldn't appreciate the food or the beautiful water view there.

PrincessBelle39
04-17-2010, 05:12 PM
We love Boma but agree that if your looking for something comparable to Narcoosees, try Jiko. I think its worth hanging around for it.

leebee
04-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Since you are staying at GF and it doesn't seem that you think you can fill a whole day at AK, why not sleep in, go to AK around noon, then go over to AKL for dinner? We LOVE Boma and go on every trip (sometimes twice!) but it is a buffet. Jiko and Sanaa are supposed to be terrific, and if you are at Sanaa at the right time, you can see the animals out on the savanna. AKL is great in the evenings! You can wander around on paths overlooking the savanna, see some of the animals, and explore. There is an outdoor fire pit surrounded with rocking chairs, and some nights they have native story telling around the fire. There is also a great gift shop, with many articles that are imported from different African countries. We are enthralled with AKL; only wish I could afford a savanna-view room!