PDA

View Full Version : Best Restaurants For Grand Gatherings?

Everyyeardisney
04-16-2010, 08:22 AM
In October we will be travelling with a large crowd. We will have a total of 18 (10 adults, 3 kids, and 5 toddlers). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which restaurants will accommodate a group this large the best? Or if anyone has traveled with a group this large and where they dined? Thank you for your help.

Nicole, mom to pirate: princess: pirate: pirate:

KBoopaloo
04-16-2010, 08:43 AM
I have no suggestions, but am curious about this as well. I am planning a trip for 16 people next year and have been wondering about the best restaurants for a group our size. One place I am seriously considering is Kouzzina since the tables are quite spread out in the large room, I feel like we wouldn't feel cramped.

chitown_disneylovers
04-16-2010, 09:59 AM
We went with 14 people in 2008 and we are going with 18 people in December.

Ohana hands down accommodated us the best. We were at one nice long table in the center of the room.

Biergarten in Epcot was also great. We had 2 tables of 8 next to each other front and center of the stage.

Brown Derby had a really nice long table for us in the back of the restaurant by the windows looking out onto the street.

We ate at Teppan Edo but had to sit at 2 separate tables of 8 diagonally from each other but we were at least in the same room (we didn't mind splitting up for this meal because we all loved it)

CRT had 4 tables along a long bench so the adults sat on the bench and we put the kids in chairs along the aisle so that they could get up and meet the characters (our favorite lunch-got the first seating at noon and it worked out well)

Chef Mickey's did the same thing as CRT so we were all together for that meal too.

I don't recommend 1900 Park Fare. It was just really cramped in there and we were seated at different tables and not very close to each other.

Hope that helps! Have fun planning for all those people. It is fun but can also be very stressful (I know first hand)

KBoopaloo
04-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Ohana was another one on my list that I was thinking of. Good to know that they were accommodating! I was also considering Kona as I once saw a very large party dining together there and the restaurant is not so cramped as some others.

Anyone have any experience with larger groups at Whispering Canyon Cafe?

Also, how many people sit per table at Hoop Dee Do? We were thinking of doing that as well.

gigi1313
04-17-2010, 09:58 AM
we had great success w/a large group at mama melroses... the best advice i can give is to try and make your ADRs for when the restaurant opens for that meal (i.e. if they open for dinner at 5pm go for a 5pm ADR)... once the restaurant is filled, it will be hard to set aside enough tables for a big group together as all the other diners will be staggered on their start/end times...

also, LTT was great, we were able to get the entire small room w/a bunch of tables for our group...

and i highly recommend the wishes dessert party for a group... we had fourteen at two tables next to one another (adults at one, kids at another) and it was AWESOME!!!

Sherrkel
04-17-2010, 10:19 AM
We've had from 21 to 28 people in our GG ADRs. :grouphug:

During our 2007 trip I booked early dinners (some when the restaurants opened for dinner); and I felt they were pretty accomodating: LeCellier, Chef Mickey, 'Ohana, Boma, Prime Time Cafe, with seating us all close with tables pushed together.

Then in 2009 things had changed a little; when I called group dining to book, some of them made me call the restaurant directly :confused3 and i actually had to play telephone tag with them (LeCellier, WCC). But the others I was able to book through group dining - Biergarten, Tutto, 'Ohana, Nine Dragons, Cali Grill and Cindy's breakfast. I still booked early ADRs - but we never got tables together: instead they were usually near each other, but not always. When we walked in Nine Dragons the restaurant was practically empty and I very nicelyasked if we could have tables pushed together and they said no :headache:. The only ADR we all had together in a private area was Raglan Road; and that ADR I made online !

Batch
04-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Citricos seated our party of 11 in a private room near the kitchen. It was perfect! At Chef Mickey's we were at one large table and at Grand Floridian Cafe they pushed tables together for us. I was definitely surprised by how well our large party was accomodated.