PDA

View Full Version : Recovery/exercising after minor "female issues" surgery

PaulaSue
04-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Has anyone had to go through this.

Plus I think it helps that I have so much going one week after surgery with b-day parties for my DD I can't sit around too much..:rotfl:

lisah0711
04-16-2010, 08:22 AM
I've had a couple of female procedures and then a hysterectomy later.

Fortunately the doctors are a lot better about letting you get up and walk around. They want you up and moving right way, if possible. I am sure that they will tell you what you can and can't do. Maybe walking but breaking it up into 3 10 minute walks or something like that. Don't be afraid to ramp it back if you body tells you that you need it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :flower3:

Tiger Lily 03
04-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I coordinated with my doc. He was great about getting me moving. I was permitted to walk around not too fast as much as I could tolerate. After 2 weeks I was given TM priviledge as long as I kept it at a walking pace and not any jarring running. Then it was more as time went. You will be fine if you can walk as best as you can. I had the big surgery, everything came out including a non-cancerous growth, so this is relative to that. My doc also allowed me to drive after 2 weeks. My GP said she was jealous since she was not permitted to drive by her surgeon for longer than that. Basically, consult with your doc. Let doc know what you are used to doing so that can be used as a basis for your stepping from that.

Best WISHes with your procedure.

PaulaSue
05-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Had my surgery 12 days ago. Knock on wood...So far everything is going well. Started walking last week. Started back on the ellipical last night. :goodvibes

lisah0711
05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery! :flower3: