PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Dinner Kids Menu

danielle782001
04-15-2010, 05:01 PM
For those that have been recently...Do they still offer the kids options like mac n cheese, chicken nuggets and french fries?

DISNEY1975
04-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I was there in Dec 2008 and there was nothing offered for kids. They eat the same as the adults skewers etc...

danielle782001
04-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks...Anyone else :confused3

huggiebear23
04-15-2010, 05:30 PM
When I went in 2008, I was able to order, grilled cheese, pasta and chicken nuggets. Bascially whatever Kona has as a kids menu you can order.

danielle782001
04-15-2010, 05:41 PM
When I went in 2008, I was able to order, grilled cheese, pasta and chicken nuggets. Bascially whatever Kona has as a kids menu you can order.

That would be great if it holds true when we go in July...Did not want to go because I know my boys would not eat the regular offerings.

Brook1099
04-15-2010, 06:26 PM
you have to ask, they don't offer. My waitress said "he won't eat anything here" I said No" so can he have chicken and fries, she was a little strange about it but did get it for him. Anything that Kona has on the menu u can ask for your child absolutely.

huggiebear23
04-15-2010, 06:37 PM
That would be great if it holds true when we go in July...Did not want to go because I know my boys would not eat the regular offerings.

Neither do my girls!! :lmao:

danielle782001
04-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Neither do my girls!! :lmao:

Your girls are so cute! What part of the Island are you? We are in Blue Point :goodvibes

huggiebear23
04-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Your girls are so cute! What part of the Island are you? We are in Blue Point :goodvibes

Thanks, We are in Lindenhurst.

Googilycub
04-15-2010, 07:54 PM
They offered my daughter chicken strips, mac and cheese, a hot dog, or grilled cheese. It is not on the menu, but they do offer it all if you ask.

Reese2
04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
We were there last week and my son got a grilled cheese and loved it! My fav restaurant!

JenniBB
04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
They offered my daughter chicken strips, mac and cheese, a hot dog, or grilled cheese. It is not on the menu, but they do offer it all if you ask.

Do you think they'd do it for my 13 yo son?? He's not an adventurous eater. :confused3

jdisnut
04-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Do you think they'd do it for my 13 yo son?? He's not an adventurous eater. :confused3
Yes, absolutely. As others have said, the kids menu at 'Ohana isn't advertised, but it does exist. If your server seems confused by your request, ask to speak with a manager. It won't be an issue.

lillykat
04-17-2010, 12:57 PM
There absolutely is a side menu. It isn't handed to you but when we went last (beginning of Oct 2008) the waiter automatically asked us if our DD who was 15 months at the time - would like something other than the offered meal. I think he offered grilled cheese or chicken fingers. Our ped has us hold off on peanut products until 2 - so he even sent the chef to the table who made DD special grilled cheese, fries and her own dessert that didn't have nut products in it. We weren't charged either - b/c DD was under 3.

We are going again in May and from what I have heard from others who have gone recently they will make a childrens meal if your child won't eat the regular meal. If they don't offer I would ask.

livie1205
04-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I was there in Dec 2008 and there was nothing offered for kids. They eat the same as the adults skewers etc...

They have always had something for the kids but you have to ask for it, it is not on the menu.I have been going there for 13 yrs and always had the choice of the kids meals from kona (since they share a kitchen)we just ate there last week and they asked if my dd4 wanted a kids meal but she did not want anything so she nibbled on bread and a few noodles and veggie.They did not charge for her at all.:thumbsup2

TDC Nala
04-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I believe that you can ask for and order the alternatives (and sometimes you won't be automatically given the alternatives, you must ask), but you will still pay the 'Ohana price for a child's meal (and the adult price for anyone over 9). There isn't an alternative pricing structure.

That's the usual policy. The usual policy is also that if you sit at the table at an all you can eat restaurant, you are charged if you're age 3 or over. Exceptions may be made in some cases but I don't think any particular party can absolutely count on an exception being made in their case.

danielle782001
04-17-2010, 05:23 PM
I am not concerned with the prices because we will be using the dining plan...Just concerned that we would have nothing for them to eat.

B-Ride
04-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Sure, go ahead and order from the "kid's menu" but just make sure they have the Bread Pudding for dessert. Nothing wrong with kid's who don't like adult food but there are no exceptions allowed for the Bread Pudding.:rotfl2:

dsmith72
04-17-2010, 08:25 PM
What if you aren't sure your kids will eat the Ohana servings but you want them to try and see, then they don't like it, can you get a kid's offering if they have tasted the regular food first? I hope this makes sense! I guess is it all or nothing, if they get something off menu can they still try the regular food?

srdipert
04-18-2010, 11:17 AM
What if you aren't sure your kids will eat the Ohana servings but you want them to try and see, then they don't like it, can you get a kid's offering if they have tasted the regular food first? I hope this makes sense! I guess is it all or nothing, if they get something off menu can they still try the regular food?

Yes you can wait. It doesn't take long for them to bring out the kids items. They can also have some of both. My kids like the meats but not the sides so we just asked for some mac and cheese to go along with their meat.