PDA

View Full Version : cali grill walk up?

kschafer
04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
I have been planning my May trip for the last 5 months but because of recent changes, I have had to give up my CG ADR. I am still really wanting to eat there and I am checking every day for ADR's.

I will be solo my first night. Do you think if I arrive close to 5:00 (flight gets in at 2:45 so it may be a bit later than 5) and ask to sit at the counter, I could get a seat for 1?

I haven't been there, so please correct me if I am wrong...they have some sort of seating that overlooks the kitchen or maybe just a bar? I'm not positive

Bob P
04-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi,

No one here can tell you with any certainty, but it sure wouldn't hurt to try. Good luck!

ROEDISNEY
04-15-2010, 10:48 AM
You really can't say but if you have nothing else planed I would give it a shot.
Good luck lovr Cali Grill :thumbsup2

MinnieGirl33
04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
I would think you would be able to sit at the bar & eat, especially since you are solo & going early. In fact, I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

kschafer
04-15-2010, 11:16 AM
I know that nobody can say with certainty but I was hoping that this may be something they do regularly. I was assuming the seats at the bar aren't figured into their reservation system so if a single person shows up before it gets too busy, I could get in. I do have another ADR that evening but don't want to spend too much time travelling between resorts, I'd rather spend that extra time in the parks :goodvibes:

thanks for your input!

TDC Nala
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
You are more than likely to get a seat in the bar/lounge if you arrive when they open. Even if you have to wait a bit before they start seating, then you should be able to snag a lounge table, possibly one with a Magic Kingdom view. Once they start the first seatings for the night the lounge empties out fast.

California Grill starts serving food at 5:30, not 5, but you can go up early and wait for seating to start to grab a good lounge seat, and they will get you a drink.

Jungle Cruiser
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
California Grill is one of the few places at WDW that has a penalty if you don't show up for an ADR. Consequently people do cancel their ADR's a day or two before. So, my advice is to call 48 and then again 24 hours in advance of when you want to go and see if by some chance a reservation has freed up. Last trip we ended up cancelling an ADR at the California Grill. So you never know, it's worth a try. Good luck!