PDA

View Full Version : Hoop De Doo Revue...how long does it last??

karensi
04-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi, going to Hoop De Doo for 5pm dinner/show.
I was wondering if we would have enough time after the dinner/show is over to get back into our car and drive over to MK. MK will be open till 10pm that night,( Spectro at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm).

We'll have my 3 little grandsons with us, 2 strollers, and I'm going back and forth in my mind wondering if we should try to get some rides done that evening, after Hoop De Doo, or if it will be too late/ too impossible to manuever up Main St (with the parade at 9pm) or if it would be doable :confused3

If the kids are too tired my DD and I said we will just skip MK that night all together, but if the kids are in good shape (not tired)
1) do you think we would have enough time to get from Ft Wilderness to MK
2) do you think it would be too hard to get around to do some rides
3) do you think it would be worth it....I'm going on the assumption that the rides won't be too crowded since Spectro and Wishes will be almost starting when we get there

TIA,

down to the wire with planning and driving myself nuts :surfweb:

Karen

dalt01
04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
1 hr 45 min and i dont think i would tackle that with the added time the little ones are going to add to the travel time and the fact you are driving and have to pass though the TTC.

OKWNutt
04-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Just so you are aware - you do not park your car at the Hoop De Doo Review. If you are driving you park at the front parking lot at the Fort Wilderness Campground and ride a bus to the review. Depending on long you have to wait for the bus this can take 20 to 30 minutes.
So letís say by time the show ends and you get everyone situated in strollers and leave the review at 7:00 PM you need to plan another 30 minutes to get to your car. Then a very short drive (5 minutes or so) to the TTC where you have to catch a tram to the monorail and ride the monorail to MK. I would think you would be lucky if you get to the front entrance of MK by 8:00 PM.
You may be better off not driving to Fort Wilderness. You can park at the TTC, ride the monorail to MK and take the boat to Fort Wilderness to catch the review. The boat delivers you within a very short walking distance to the show. That way after the show you can catch the boat to MK and be right there. That would cut your transportation time in half after the show and give you more time at MK.

Hopefully
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I agree totally with the PP. I would not drive to Fort Wilderness for the HDDR, You must park at the main entrance and take an internal bus to Pioneer Hall for the HDDR. I would follow his suggestion to park at the TTC (where you will end your day) and go to the MK. Take the boat from the MK dock to Ft Wilderness. It is a nice boat ride.
Than around 7 it is just a short walk to the dock and a boat back to the MK. If you do it this way, I think you will have time for some rides before the parade and fireworks.
Then your car is a short Monorail ride away at the end of the night.
Have Fun

TheDisneyingNewfie
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Is the bus the only way once you park at Ft Wilderness? I drove last time and really don't remember a bus. Did it change since 2007?

CrabbyPatty
04-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Quick question re: the boat ride - the boat from the MK dock goes to Wilderness Lodge first and then Fort Wilderness? And from there it's a short walk to the Hoop-De-Doo Review? How many people does the HDD hold, i.e. is there a long wait for the boat back to MK after the show is over?

RainK
04-15-2010, 08:21 PM
We are a planning to take a cab from CBR to Fort Wilderness for the HDDR. Willwe still need to take the bus to the show?
We plan on using Disney transportation back when its done.

Just need to make sure I leave enough "travel time" to get there. We have a 5pm reservation - I planned on leaving CBR via taxi by 4pm. Is that enough time??

imthatgirl
04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I would leave my car at the MK then take the boat to Hoop dee doo..the dock is right there. Then take the boat back to the MK.

imthatgirl
04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Is the bus the only way once you park at Ft Wilderness? I drove last time and really don't remember a bus. Did it change since 2007?

It is the only way. You can't drive through the campgrounds and the HDD is on the other side of the campgrounds.
It was that way in 2007. As far as I know it's always been that way.

DonaldTDuck
04-15-2010, 10:56 PM
It is the only way. You can't drive through the campgrounds and the HDD is on the other side of the campgrounds.
It's been that way since at least 1991. Took once to learn.

Jitzy
04-16-2010, 02:15 PM
We are a planning to take a cab from CBR to Fort Wilderness for the HDDR. Willwe still need to take the bus to the show?

Just need to make sure I leave enough "travel time" to get there. We have a 5pm reservation - I planned on leaving CBR via taxi by 4pm. Is that enough time??

Yes, you still need to take a bus. The cab will drop you off at the front of the resort and the buses will be the way you travel to HDDR. I THINK every bus makes a stop at the outpost, so you could get on the first bus you see. Somebody on here would know for sure!

An hour might be enough, if you hop in the cab exactly at 4.

karensi
04-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Quick question re: the boat ride - the boat from the MK dock goes to Wilderness Lodge first and then Fort Wilderness? And from there it's a short walk to the Hoop-De-Doo Review? How many people does the HDD hold, i.e. is there a long wait for the boat back to MK after the show is over?

OP here :)

Same questions as above.
anyone?
Karen

disneychic
04-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Also, on a lighter note......the dinner may only last a few hours but the music and lyrics, and corny jokes will linger on, and on, and on and on!!!!

In a good way of course!!!!

Have fun!!!!

Greg K.
04-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Leave. Plenty. Of. Time.

A few years back, my wife and I were staying at the GF. We were going to the 5 pm show. We hopped the monorail at the GF at about 4:10. Quick trip to MK boat dock. And then...a long, long wait for the next boat to FW.

It was unreal. 4:30 came and went. Then 4:40. Finally a boat arrived. We got to HDD at about 5:07 -- and they wouldn't let us in. :eek: The "experience" had already begun. We were stunned. We found a manager and explained what had happened, and he was able to comp us tickets for the next night.

Calculate extra time. You just never know. :sad2:

Meantime...yes, the boat goes to the WL, then FW. And it's a very short walk to the Pioneer Hall. I don't remember the boat ride back being especially crowded. Lots of people took buses.

karensi
04-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Leave. Plenty. Of. Time.

A few years back, my wife and I were staying at the GF. We were going to the 5 pm show. We hopped the monorail at the GF at about 4:10. Quick trip to MK boat dock. And then...a long, long wait for the next boat to FW.

It was unreal. 4:30 came and went. Then 4:40. Finally a boat arrived. We got to HDD at about 5:07 -- and they wouldn't let us in. :eek: The "experience" had already begun. We were stunned. We found a manager and explained what had happened, and he was able to comp us tickets for the next night.

Calculate extra time. You just never know. :sad2:

Meantime...yes, the boat goes to the WL, then FW. And it's a very short walk to the Pioneer Hall. I don't remember the boat ride back being especially crowded. Lots of people took buses.

Thanks so much for the warning. I wouldn't want to be late but would never have thought that they wouldn't let you in :eek: YIKES
I'll really have to be sure to hurry the rest of my family along.
We're staying off site (Orange Lake Timeshares) but just a 5 min drive from Disney property. But, now I'm really thinking we should leave about 3:30pm for the 5pm show.......they'll never believe me :sad2:

mskermit
05-07-2010, 09:46 AM

smartest thing to do is go to MK and hop on the boat. pioneer hall is right near the dock where you are dropped off. save the cab fare

CrabbyPatty
05-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Wow - thanks for the tip about allowing enough time to get there! I tend to underestimate how long it takes to get places, so I'll be sure to get there in plenty of time.

When I made these reservations, the CM said that I should also allow time to pick up my tickets there - or that I could ask the concierge at CSR to get them for me and save some time. Does anyone have insight about this - and how much ADDITIONAL time we should allow for getting the tickets?

I guess I was surprised because when making the ADRs basically you just get a confirmation number - I didn't think there would be hard tickets for this.

karensi
05-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi, I'm the original poster and have returned from a fabulous trip to WDW. I would just like to say that PP's suggestions of parking at TTC, taking monorail to MK and then get the boat to Fort Wilderness worked great for us.
I was with my 3 small DGS and riding the monorail and boat are all part of the fun experiences for them at Disney. It was easy to do and just worked out very well. We were on line for the boat at MK approx 3:45pm (thanks to a heads up from PP Greg P), one boat came and we were not able to get on as there too many people ahead of us on line, however another boat arrived approx 10 min later, we boarded and were at Fort Wilderness in plenty of time. No problem returning after the show either.
Thanks for the suggestion Dis friends :flower3:

Karen

sherabby
05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
We were thinking of trying to see Fantasmic after the 5pm HDDR? Is this possible? We do have a car and I'm glad you posted about the parking and internal bus because I didn't know that...it will be our first visit.

BriarRosie
05-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I wanted to say welcome back Karen! Glad you had a painless travel time to HDDR! :thumbsup2

I don't think it changed since the 1970's! ;)
Seriously, I remember going to River Country as a child, and we had to park at the Settlement Depot (where all cars must currently park still). Then we had to take internal bus transporation to River Country. Pioneer Hall is the same thing. The quickest way is usually the boat from the MK, since Pioneer Hall is literally a straight walk from the dock away.

There are lots of buses that take people back to their resorts. Not everyone will take the boat back to the MK. You really can't gauge how many people will want to return for EMH. You might have a crowd, or you might not. The boats should run frequently enough, though.

It would still require you to take the internal bus at Fort Wilderness. If you can manage to be at the Magic Kingdom boat dock to Fort Wilderness by 4pm, that would be better. But that would also require you to allocate extra time for the bus between CBR and MK.

We were thinking of trying to see Fantasmic after the 5pm HDDR? Is this possible? We do have a car and I'm glad you posted about the parking and internal bus because I didn't know that...it will be our first visit.

You'll probably be leaving the show around 7pm. It will take a while to get back to your car via the internal bus. Then it's a long car ride to the Studios, parking the car and getting into the park. The people who wait for the show get in line an hour in advance to get seating. I don't think it's doable at all.

sherabby
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
You'll probably be leaving the show around 7pm. It will take a while to get back to your car via the internal bus. Then it's a long car ride to the Studios, parking the car and getting into the park. The people who wait for the show get in line an hour in advance to get seating. I don't think it's doable at all.[/QUOTE]

ONe of these years we'll get to see it!

AndreaDM
05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi there, glad I found this thread and I have a question of my own. We would like to see Hoop Dee Doo the night we get there as we are not doing a park that day. We will be arriving Sat. June 26 at around 2 pm at MCO and staying at CR. The problem is, there are no reservations left for 7:15, only for the 5:00 show. Will three hours be enough to get from the airport, check in at CR and get to Fort Wilderness in time for the show? Since there is a boat dock at CR I thought maybe it would be easier to grab a boat there than at MK or would we be pushing it? TIA!

karensi
05-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi there, glad I found this thread and I have a question of my own. We would like to see Hoop Dee Doo the night we get there as we are not doing a park that day. We will be arriving Sat. June 26 at around 2 pm at MCO and staying at CR. The problem is, there are no reservations left for 7:15, only for the 5:00 show. Will three hours be enough to get from the airport, check in at CR and get to Fort Wilderness in time for the show? Since there is a boat dock at CR I thought maybe it would be easier to grab a boat there than at MK or would we be pushing it? TIA!

Hmmmm, not sure.
I would say that you really should be at the boat dock at the CR no later than 4pm.
I think it might be iffy since you don't know if your plane will be on time. But, if everything went smoothly (plane on time, easy check in at CR, etc) it just might work out. I do think it would be a fun thing to do on your first night.
Maybe some other posters will have a more definate answer for you.

Have fun,

Karen :)

AndreaDM
05-11-2010, 11:03 AM
The more I think about it, the riskier it seems, especially since we are flying Airtran and they tend to change their flight times a lot. There is plenty left for the 9:30 showing, but I think that's just too late with a 7 year old, especially since we'll be doing Epcot the next day.

mrodgers
05-11-2010, 11:48 AM
My HDDR question....

We do not have park hoppers. We are doing HDDR on our Animal Kingdom day, which will be closed afterwards. Our plans are one of the 2.....

1. HDDR at 5. Afterwards, go to the campfire with Chip and Dale (Fort Wilderness I think?) So, the comments in this thread I assume would be good, park at Fort Wilderness, then bus to HDDR, bus back and go to campfire.

2. HDDR at 5. Afterwards, go visit downtown or the boardwalk. I don't know how we would transport between this.

We are driving all week and don't want to mess with any bus transportation (wife is adament about not getting crammed in busses with other people, she is a people/crowd-phobe.) How would I do either of those options driving my own vehicle?

Smithkids
05-11-2010, 12:05 PM

Yep- all cars have to park in the main lot and then you take internal bus to the Marina area...now there are some cars allowed up to a certain point- we stayed in the cabins and we had our own driveway at the cabin for our car. This may be why some posters remember cars being able to drive around to a certain point in FW...but the loops that have cabins are not near the areas for the boat to MK or where HDD is held (we had a golf cart and just zipped over to Meadow area for HDD- I loved it!!!)

If I recall, I think you'll need to get over to front door of HDD 30 minutes prior to show time- they take pictures out front and then once everyone gets inside and seated and drinks ordered- the show will begin.
Food was very yummy (I loved the bread that they served!)- and the show was very cute. We sat tier 1 and we were so close that the actors on stage kept interacting with us- my son got to play the washboard for the finale and one actor told my MiL he loved her. He called her his "Silver Fox" all during the show...:lmao:

karensi
05-11-2010, 12:09 PM
The more I think about it, the riskier it seems, especially since we are flying Airtran and they tend to change their flight times a lot. There is plenty left for the 9:30 showing, but I think that's just too late with a 7 year old, especially since we'll be doing Epcot the next day.

I agree, especially since you have to pay up front for HDDR, so you would lose your money if you didn't make it. I would suggest calling back every few days to see if anything opens up in the 7:30 time slot.
Since you'll be at the CR I'm sure you've thought about Chef Mickeys for your first night. That is sort of a tradition for us, going to CM on our first night. That way the kids get to see Mickey and the gang before we even hit the parks.

Have a great vacation,

Karen :)

Smithkids
05-11-2010, 12:26 PM
My HDDR question....

We do not have park hoppers. We are doing HDDR on our Animal Kingdom day, which will be closed afterwards. Our plans are one of the 2.....

1. HDDR at 5. Afterwards, go to the campfire with Chip and Dale (Fort Wilderness I think?) So, the comments in this thread I assume would be good, park at Fort Wilderness, then bus to HDDR, bus back and go to campfire. yep-Once you are done eating at HDD- hop on bus to Meadow area for Campfire singalong- it is about 1-2 minute ride from HDD to Sing along area. They also have a movie that they play on the big outdoor screen right after sing along. It is a Disney movie (of course) and it changes each night so check around for the schedule... then when that is finished you hop back onto the bus and head over to the beach area ( again- 1 minute ride- it is back over in the area where HDD is held) and see the Wishes fireworks show- great view and great way to end your night. Then just take the FW bus back to main parking lot and head home...although that may be very long day for your family. And if it is raining you can scratch singalong and movie off the list...:headache:

2. HDDR at 5. Afterwards, go visit downtown or the boardwalk. I don't know how we would transport between this. You would have to drive your own car for this- take internal FW bus back to your car and then drive...:sad2:
We are driving all week and don't want to mess with any bus transportation (wife is adament about not getting crammed in busses with other people, she is a people/crowd-phobe.) How would I do either of those options driving my own vehicle?

Unfortunately there is no way to avoid the bus at FW- the only way you could avoid it would be to stay at FW and have your own golf cart to zip around the campgrounds. Here is a link to a FW map- you can see how there would be no way to walk it- and they will not allow your car near the Settlement area, which is where the HDD is held.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

I think it would be worth it though- the campfire sing along is a great way to end your evening...and and great, free way to meet Chip and Dale up close!
if everyone feels up to it you can check out the movie and wait to catch the fireworks from the beach at FW- the view is incredible!!!
BTW-We really enjoyed our meal at HDD. The jokes are corny but my 2 and 6 year olds loved it!!! Enjoy!!:thumbsup2

momtoBrandon&Jacob
05-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Didn't read the responses but we were there in October and I believe it was about 2 hours. We did the 7:00pm show and there were buses afterwards taking us back to the resorts. That process took forever because they were waiting for the bus to fill up. We must've waited at least a half hour till we drove off - if not more (and the bus was freezing!)

One word of advice - take a light jacket/sweatshirt with you. It was FREEZING at the HDDR! I could barely enjoy myself because I was so cold.

momdisfan
05-11-2010, 02:37 PM
We are thinking of doing the 9:30 show on our first night. We have two young children and I was thinking they might be able to go that late because they will not be tired from the trip yet and will be very excited to do things. Has anyone ever done the late show with young kids? Also, how late does the bus to MK run? Can we take it after the late HDDR?

mskermit
05-20-2010, 01:07 PM
My HDDR question....

1. HDDR at 5. Afterwards, go to the campfire with Chip and Dale (Fort Wilderness I think?) So, the comments in this thread I assume would be good, park at Fort Wilderness, then bus to HDDR, bus back and go to campfire.

2. HDDR at 5. Afterwards, go visit downtown or the boardwalk. I don't know how we would transport between this.

you would most likely have to take the internal bus, unless you eihter walk, or flag someone down wiht a golf cart that would be willing go give you a lift!! drivng after to Downtown is not a problem, its around the corner

honeydiane1953
05-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi, going to Hoop De Doo for 5pm dinner/show.
I was wondering if we would have enough time after the dinner/show is over to get back into our car and drive over to MK. MK will be open till 10pm that night,( Spectro at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm).

We'll have my 3 little grandsons with us, 2 strollers, and I'm going back and forth in my mind wondering if we should try to get some rides done that evening, after Hoop De Doo, or if it will be too late/ too impossible to manuever up Main St (with the parade at 9pm) or if it would be doable :confused3

If the kids are too tired my DD and I said we will just skip MK that night all together, but if the kids are in good shape (not tired)
1) do you think we would have enough time to get from Ft Wilderness to MK
2) do you think it would be too hard to get around to do some rides
3) do you think it would be worth it....I'm going on the assumption that the rides won't be too crowded since Spectro and Wishes will be almost starting when we get there

TIA,

down to the wire with planning and driving myself nuts :surfweb:

Karen

I too would wait till they r a little older. The HDDR is fun but it is long. And to me the walk from the bus to the Hall is quite long. I also would recommend u get the earliest ressie they offer. I took my two grandkids age 10 and 8 at the time and all we could get was the last show. They were soo tired when it was over even at their age.

karensi
05-21-2010, 06:22 AM
honeydiane, thanks for the reply, actually we have returned from our vacation and had a great time.
As you had suggested we did get tickets for the earlier show (5pm ) which was perfect.
One of the best suggestions I got from this thread was to take the monorail to MK and then take the boat to FW.
We spent a short afternoon at MK then got the boat about 3:45pm, which was plenty of time. The kids enjoyed the boat as did we. It was easy going and coming.
Thanks to everyone for all the info.

Karen:)

mskermit
05-21-2010, 11:56 AM
honeydiane, thanks for the reply, actually we have returned from our vacation and had a great time.
As you had suggested we did get tickets for the earlier show (5pm ) which was perfect.
One of the best suggestions I got from this thread was to take the monorail to MK and then take the boat to FW.
We spent a short afternoon at MK then got the boat about 3:45pm, which was plenty of time. The kids enjoyed the boat as did we. It was easy going and coming.
Thanks to everyone for all the info.

Karen:)

i love the boat ride from FW. i love when you get to a certain point on the ride that you can see the castle!! so exciting especially on the first day :goodvibes