PDA

View Full Version : Is Boma the only?

Ctsplaysinrain
04-14-2010, 05:01 PM
is Boma the only breakfast buffet without characters????

I love breakfast buffets but I'm going solo this time and not sure I want to deal with the characters ... Do I have any other choices? I am staying AKL , so it will be convenient but I have done breakfast here before and it's really just so-so and I wanted to try somewhere different..

Snurk71
04-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Yacht Club Galley, Captain's Galley, or whatever it's called now over at the YC has a non-character buffet (menu available too).

bangzoom6877
04-14-2010, 05:09 PM
There is a buffet at Fresh at the Dolphin (or Swan, not sure exactly which one it is in). I have never been there but have read good things about it. It's not on the dining plan though, don't know if that will affect you or not.

There is also Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness. Again, never been there, but it is a buffet with a continental breakfast option too. It is less pricey than other buffets too. Trail's End takes the DDP.

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is not a buffet but they have the all-you-can-eat skillet, which has eggs, waffles, biscuits, bacon, etc. They will bring you refills of anything. Whispering Canyon takes the DDP.

PictureJumpr
04-14-2010, 05:10 PM
If you are not concerned with DDP credit use, there is a good breakfast buffet at Fresh at the Dolphin.

We really like the one at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness, too - it's basic but usually very fresh, and you can't beat the price tag.

Whispering Canyon Cafe does the all-you-can-eat breakfast skillet (it covers the basics), might be something to consider but the variety will be less than a typical buffet.

catne
04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
another suggestion, not a buffet but several darn good breakfast choices on the menu: Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. Big Kahuna breakfast, with beverage, under $20. Also have a steak & eggs/fixin's breakfast there...it's real steak, not minute steak. (husband loved that one.)

jwfla422
04-14-2010, 07:40 PM
FRESH is great, very unique. It's a buffet but they make your food to order and then there are lots of baked goods and other items on the buffet. On the weekends they serve breakfast during lunch as well as lunch items which is a nice plus since nowhere else on property offers this option.

Captain's Grille is also good. It has a nice variety of hot and cold items. Items are fresh and well maintained. It's a nice escape from the character breakfasts.:goodvibes