PDA

View Full Version : Best Panini Maker??

TiggerTails57
04-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Who has the best Panini maker? OR am I wasting my $$$.......(for a family of two so it does not have to be huge)

katt95
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Heat up 2 iron skillets. Put sandwich in one then press down with the other, can put a can in the top to weight it down. I just can't see spending money on press. :confused3

lumpy08
04-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I have the cuisinart one. I have seen it at Costco a few times since they first came out for much cheaper. We were given it as a gift and I love it. The plates come off and you can put in the dish washer. There are two kinds of plates you can put on it grill or flat.

sksjasams
04-14-2010, 04:14 PM
We have the Cuisinart one as well - I attached a link. We got it as a gift, but I think my mom got it onsale at Boston Store. I use it quite a lot for in door grilling in the winter. It does a nice job cooking and clean up is very easy!

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GR-4-Griddler-Stainless-Steel-Griddle/dp/B0001XASWQ

tami82
04-14-2010, 04:24 PM
we too have Cuisinart i think its either 3 or 4. It does a great job! I think we paid around $75 for ours. For two people if you make alot of stuffed sandwiches or you can even grill on it, it makes a nice quick way to make a meal. I think its a good investment. MAKE SURE it has the removal grill plates on it which is very important. I had one prior where the plates werent removable and it was very hard to clean to wound up throwing it out after a while.

The Princess
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
I just get a brick (wrap it in foil) and use that.

CleoPahd
04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
I always use my George Foreman grill to make panini sandwhiches. You can get a small one for very inexpensive now and they work great for so many other things too.

branv
04-14-2010, 08:04 PM
I also have the cuisinart one with changeable plates. Got it at costco for SO much less than they charge at regular stores. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Panini's, steaks, pancakes, I use it like crazy :) Just had a turkey and muenster panini last night in fact :thumbsup2

mommycrawford
04-16-2010, 02:18 PM
I have the VILLAWARE and keep it on my counter at all times!:lovestruc

It has floating plates, so can accomodate thick sandiches, but also cooks a steak in a flash!;)

I have had it for about 5 years with no issues!

JCMHutch
04-16-2010, 03:15 PM
I always use my George Foreman grill to make panini sandwhiches. You can get a small one for very inexpensive now and they work great for so many other things too.

I do the same thing with my George Foreman Grill and it works great! DH thought I was crazy when I halled it out to make sandwiches one night but he loved them.

Also, the GF Grill it is a lot less than some of the official "panini" makers out there, and it makes great burgers.

mickey grandmom
04-16-2010, 05:46 PM
I also use a GF Grill for sandwiches. It is also good for toasting bread,warming left over biscuits,toasting leftover pound cake and warming pumkin bread.

MsStinkerBelle
04-16-2010, 07:15 PM

I got one from Target a few months ago and it is the BEST! DD10 claims there's nothing like a 'George Foreman Grilled Cheese Sandwich'. Apparently it's better than Panera Bread. :thumbsup2

TiggerTails57
04-16-2010, 08:58 PM
OP here, Thanks for all your help.......since this is the budget board I'm going to go budget/cheap and get a small George Foreman grill (or as my 85 year old mother calls them 'George Formby' grills lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSc-e-QffTs