PDA

View Full Version : Hershey Park the End of June

Lduane
04-14-2010, 11:35 AM
We are thinking of going to Hershey Park the last week of June. Just wondering if this is a good time to go. Is it too hot and very crowded?

thanks

disny_luvr
04-14-2010, 12:02 PM
I always think Hersheypark is pretty empty until around July 4. My family frequents HP several times a week early in the summer before all the vacationers get there. I think you should be fine, especially if you go during the week. Enjoy! We love it there. :goodvibes

Soon2B4
04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Not trying to highjack, but I was going to ask the same thing! My other question was about Dutchwonderland. I was curious about the best time to go...

disny_luvr
04-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Not trying to highjack, but I was going to ask the same thing! My other question was about Dutchwonderland. I was curious about the best time to go...

To be honest, I don't think Dutch Wonderland ever really gets that full. I don't know - maybe I'm getting use to the crowds at HP. We had season passes last year to DW and we rarely had to wait and this is going all times of the summer. If we did have to wait it was usually no more than one or two times per ride and I can handle that. :thumbsup2

andrews_dad
04-14-2010, 02:56 PM
I have the Gold Pass, which is season passes for both HP and DW. DW is strictly for the 8 (or so) and under lot. No big coasters. Thus, it is never really packed. It gets some lines on weekends in summer, but nothing horrible. The Duke's Lagoon water slides and water area can get crowded on the warmer weekend days. DW is compact, some shade, free parking, and just an overall relaxed, great time for the kids.

HP is a full-fledged theme park these days. I sometime forget that, as I grew up going there. I remember going before the Super Dooper Looper was around. It was a locals stomping ground then. Well, now it is indeed a crowded place. Not much shade at all. Hills to walk, and pretty spread out. Anytime school is out of session, the crowds are there. Use the free preview on the night before you use your tickets, 2 free hours of the least used times oin teh coasters, Then get up early and be there for opening the next day ...

rbork
04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
go early with sweet access pass. be at rope drop. leave at 2pm, go back and swim at hotel or campground take a nap, come back in around 6pm.
Hmmm...sounds like I'm going to a disney park?
This is our typical HP plan.

summerrluvv
04-14-2010, 06:12 PM
We are going that last week in June also and doing DW and Hershey. Hoping for no crowds!!