PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store Gift Cards

njmomtoone
04-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Can they be used to purchased food and souveneirs in the parks? Can you use them to buy an admission ticket?

SnowWtch
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
If the gift card says good at just the Disney Store then no you couldn't use it. It has to say good in parks and resorts to use it. Not sure about buying tickets since I have an annual pass but you can use Gift Cards for food and souvenirs. I usually get some for holidays and birthdays and we save them to use for food on our trips. Cuts down a lot on our expenses.

loveysbydesign
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
We just bought a gift card for each of my kds on Sat. at the Disney Store and they say shop, dine, stay, play on the front of them and on the back it says valid at WDW, DL and DCL as well as Disney Store's. Holds for $5-$1500 per card!

tnmt
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
guess I learned something new today. I have several Disney gift cards and they don't say good only at Disney store or good only at parks. They just say Disney gift cards. I thought they could be used at either as long as it was Disney.

njmomtoone
04-14-2010, 09:22 AM
If the gift card says good at just the Disney Store then no you couldn't use it. It has to say good in parks and resorts to use it. Not sure about buying tickets since I have an annual pass but you can use Gift Cards for food and souvenirs. I usually get some for holidays and birthdays and we save them to use for food on our trips. Cuts down a lot on our expenses.

I didn't know there are two different kinds. We usually chip in and get co-workers a gift card of their choice for their birthday. I was going to suggest Diney for mine since $150 would be nice to spend.

tnmt
04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Just got mine out and read it. Can be used at Disney World, Disneyland, Disney shopping.com and Disney cruise lines. I am not sure if there are 2 different cards. Never heard anyone say that before.

Beauty908
04-14-2010, 09:33 AM
In my group, many people bought Disney giftcards to use on them rather than keeping cash on them in the parks. We used it to buy food and take-home goodies. Personally, I bought a Visa Giftcard so I can use that money at Disney and anywhere else if I have left over money when I'm home :) Hope this helps!

DisneyAndRedSox
04-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Walgreens also started selling them just before Christmas. You can load any amount between $15 and $500, and they pretty much look just like the ones in the Disney Store! I was able to get a Toy Story one, they also had the Mickey one.

I heard there are some cards only good at Disney Store, but I think these are e-gift cards from rewards programs.

SnowWtch
04-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Things may have changed but they used to have one just for Disney Stores and you had to be careful which one you bought.

sherabby
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Our Giant Eagle grocery store also sells them from $25 to $500! And sometimes we get double gas perks for spending $50!

PatMcDuck
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Now the Disney gift cards are good at the stores, parks, online, cruises, etc. Much easier!

If you like "different" Disney gift cards, look at Disneygiftcard.com! SO many different cards are sold there. At the stores, they only have about 6 different ones. Of course, it does not MATTER what character is on them, I just like looking at them for some odd reason.

DisneyMomma81
04-14-2010, 03:15 PM
You can also add $ to an exsisting Disney GC by calling DelivEARS ~ 800-362-4533 *you give the CM your credit/debit card info and they mail you the receipt. Disney GCs bought at grocery stores, Walgreens, www.disneyland.com *they ship for free* and www.disneystore.com *also ship for free* can be used at WDW, DLR, Disney Stores, disneystore.com and Disney Cruise Line. Perhaps the PP who warns against gift cards that can only be used at the Disney Store is referring to these - http://www.disneystore.com/gift-cards-disneystorecom-online-gift-card/p/1149989/13544/ :confused3