PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Cheap Travel???

MayMom
04-14-2010, 09:03 AM
My husband and I are in desperate need of a tropical vacation ALONE!!!! :lovestruc We'd like to take a short and CHEAP vacation to somewhere that would be warm and has a beach. Ideally we'd like to fly out of St. Louis or Nashville.....any ideas? Are there any websites that have seals that are very cheap, even at the last minute??We need some magic....:wizard:

ceecee
04-14-2010, 09:13 AM
We've been to Cancun several times with direct flights from Cincinnati,OH. It wasn't that expensive either. I don't know about the flights from where you are, check with a travel agent.

loveysbydesign
04-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Try these guys! Check out there special sale!
http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/

budbeerlady
04-14-2010, 09:29 AM
IF you dont have a passport there is the cruise option... We like to cruise out of Tampa, southwest had some reasonable flights there this time last year. (Heck, even fly to Tampa and hang out there for a long weekend.)

DVCBELLE
04-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Have you thought about a cruise? Not sure when or how long you can get away for but there are great deals out of Charleston on 5 day cruises starting in May on Carnival or out of Florida or LA for 3 & 4 days cruises.

loveysbydesign
04-14-2010, 09:33 AM
We prefer cruises too! That way you can visit several places on one trip!

robinb
04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
What about Skyauction or Travelzoo?

FoundMyPrince
04-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Travelzoo will come out with their Top 20 today. They actually have some great deals out of STL to Jamaica and Cancun sometimes. I haven't seen anything for a little while -- keep checking though.

JackandSally79
04-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Right now you can get free companion airfare to the Bahamas. Also if you stay at Atlantis you get 4 nights for the price of 3.

arihillfarm
04-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Sent you a PM!

-Astrid

My husband and I are in desperate need of a tropical vacation ALONE!!!! :lovestruc We'd like to take a short and CHEAP vacation to somewhere that would be warm and has a beach. Ideally we'd like to fly out of St. Louis or Nashville.....any ideas? Are there any websites that have seals that are very cheap, even at the last minute??We need some magic....:wizard:

andrews_dad
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I saw on TV yesterday that lastminutetravel.com had some specials to Jamaica all-inclusive for this weekend. Flights from Atlanta, though. I think it was $400 pp total for round trip flights and the all-inclusive from Thursday to Sunday.

MaryKLady
04-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Sandals resorts might still be offering 60% off. Jamaica is usually the least expensive island for Sandals. I booked a trip to their Royal Caribbean for DH's 40th B-day this summer. It was so inexpensive (relative to their usual prices) and all-inclusive, I had to do it..I paid less than I did for our honeymoon 11 years ago!