PDA

View Full Version : Jumpstart website for kids

momsavealot
04-13-2010, 12:40 PM
My kids found this website Jumpstart and love it. There is some free stuff but most is accessible if you pay a membership fee. I'm currently paying $7.99 per month for it thinking my kids would lose interest in it and I would cancel. However, it's been 5 months now, and I'm wondering if there's a more affordable way to get this game. Does anyone own the CD, wii game or pay the yearly membership? Just wondering if I'm overpaying......

labdogs42
04-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Hmmm...I haven't tried it, so I don't know how "cool" the games are, but so far my DS is satsified with the free sites like PBSkids, playhouse Disney, etc. We also have Webkinz and if you buy a pet a year, that only costs about $12/year. I have seen the CD's at Target and I would think it would be cheaper to go that way, because then you wouldn't have that monthly subscription.

caitty13
04-13-2010, 03:21 PM
My kids found this website Jumpstart and love it. There is some free stuff but most is accessible if you pay a membership fee. I'm currently paying $7.99 per month for it thinking my kids would lose interest in it and I would cancel. However, it's been 5 months now, and I'm wondering if there's a more affordable way to get this game. Does anyone own the CD, wii game or pay the yearly membership? Just wondering if I'm overpaying......

I downloaded the Preschool version for $9.99 a few months back. My DS loves it. :goodvibes I looked at the site and couldn't tell if it's the same games ot not. I would like to know more about the Wii game...

JessRabbit
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
My DD 5 loves Jumpstart. She doesn't play online but we bought the games at Target and Toys R Us. We found 4 or 5 of them at Toys R Us that were marked down to $5 a piece. She has completed 2 of the games. We decided to purchase a membership because she couldn't complete the games without the membership. They were having a great sale late December/ early January and we signed up for the lifetime membership. That way if any new brothers or sisters happen to arrive, they will be able to play also.

mamaLori05
04-13-2010, 05:51 PM
we own a couple of the Jumpstart CD's as well. I don't think we paid over $10 for each CD. I would definately check out the CD's. I think it would be much cheaper.

caravarela
04-13-2010, 06:44 PM
We bought the Jumpstart Advanced Kindergarten CD ROM game for my son from Target. I thought it was a great deal when we got it, because it has like 20 "units"... when you complete all the activities in one unit you can move up so it will be more challenging and they will learn new skills. I did NOT realize only unit 1 is included in the cd. :confused3 My son finished unit 1 quickly, and couldn't figure out why he couldn't do "level 2". You have to pay that $7.99 monthly to access the rest of the levels and games.

I'm disappointed, but we decided we will probably pay the fee because he loves these games sooo much and I really feel like he's learning with them.

woodkins
04-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Our public library has all of the CD's and also has memberships to many of the educational gaming sites. If you ask them they give you a username and password to access them. DD uses many websites this way. The library pays a site license that covers all members

labdogs42
04-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Our public library has all of the CD's and also has memberships to many of the educational gaming sites. If you ask them they give you a username and password to access them. DD uses many websites this way. The library pays a site license that covers all members

Really? That's cool. I wonder if my library has that? Do I just ask them? I feel kind of cheap asking them:rolleyes:, but if they have it, why not?

KLAIT
04-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Jumpstart series are the BEST ever! We started buying these CD's for him when he was 9 months old with Jumpstart Baby and then went up with each level. The kid is so computer savy it is scary.

I would also recommend buying the CD..for about $10 bucks each.