PDA

View Full Version : Ohio hotel help

lovintennessee
04-13-2010, 12:17 PM
We are driving to PA from TN. We plan on stopping in Cincinnati and spending the night before driving the rest of the way to PA the next day. A lot of searches I do have hotels in Cincinnati come up with a Sharonville address. Is that far from Cincinnati? Or should we just drive to Columbus? We want a decent hotel but at an affordable price.

TIA for your help.

Manda513
04-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Sharonville is right outside Cincy, maybe about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown Cincy. We prefer staying there rather than actually 'in' the city and it is a lot cheaper. We usually use priceline for a 2.5 star hotel and have ended up with the Holiday Inn Express there both times. It is a really nice hotel and they have a breakfast as well. Good luck!

kydisneyfans
04-13-2010, 12:41 PM
By the looks of your route, you would be on I71. Sharonville is off I75 about 5-7 miles west of 71 around the bypass. You would want to look at the Mason area, specifically Fields Ertle Rd exit 19. There are also hotels at exit 25 and exit 15 (Pfeiffer Rd). Those hotels tend to be a little higher when Kings Island is open.

Outside of that area, you could look in Florence, KY, just before Cincinnati where 71/75 run together. The only other hotels along I71 between exit 25 and Grove City exit 100 are at the outlet malls around exits 65/69 in Jeffersonville.

doneybiz
04-13-2010, 12:43 PM
I'd stay in Cincinnati downtown, near the square...

Donaldswife
04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
By the looks of your route, you would be on I71. Sharonville is off I75 about 5-7 miles west of 71 around the bypass. You would want to look at the Mason area, specifically Fields Ertle Rd exit 19. There are also hotels at exit 25 and exit 15 (Pfeiffer Rd). Those hotels tend to be a little higher when Kings Island is open.

Outside of that area, you could look in Florence, KY, just before Cincinnati where 71/75 run together. The only other hotels along I71 between exit 25 and Grove City exit 100 are at the outlet malls around exits 65/69 in Jeffersonville.

I would stay in this area as well. On the exit there is a Marriot, a Springhill Suites, and a Towneplace Suites, as well as a Comfort Inn. :thumbsup2