PDA

View Full Version : Money back/off for turning in printer cartridges?

MommaluvsDis
04-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Can't remember which office supply store offers the $3 back per empty ink cartridge. Was it Office Max or Office Depot? I do remember it's for up to 5 empty cartridges but after that I'm blank!

Thanks!

richmo
04-13-2010, 08:58 AM
I know Staples sometimes runs that promotion; they had it in the Sunday flyer a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure if its an ongoing thing.

I think they used to allow the cartridge trade-in for anything, but I think its more limited now (like maybe only for new ink and possibly printer paper).

BrandyC1974
04-13-2010, 09:34 AM
I return my cartridges to Office Depot (you have to be a rewards member). But, it is a great program. Also, as a member you get a percent back on most items you purchase. And if you purchase alot of ink it is worth it. I work from home and end up with over $50 in rewards minimum every three months.

Also, if you use lexmark ink, they have a reward program. For every five cartridges returned to them, you get one free. You just need to sign up on the lexmark website.

I hope this helps.

pamjb
04-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Staples offers $3 for each cartridge recycled. You don't receive it immediately, but in a rewards check that can be used at Staples.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/3dollar_inkrecycle/

Sadie22
04-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Yes, you need to be a Staples Rewards member, and show the card when you recycle the ink or toner. Be sure to read the fine print as they may only accept certain brands for recycling. You receive the Staples Rewards in the mail in the form of a store credit check. Sometimes there are special promotions. For example, one month I could recycle up to 10 ink cartridges for $3 each but if I brought them all in on the same day and also purchased a certain dollar value of ink that day I got double credit, $6 per cartridge recycled. I had some cartridges from a printer that had stopped working and that I had recycled to get $50 off toward a new printer/copier. I recycled those 9 cartridges, bought ink for the new printer, and got Staples Rewards in the amount of $54.

shoes99
04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
We get $3 credit for each cartridge returned to Staples. The credit comes in the form of a voucher to be spent at Staples.

kesha
04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Can't remember which office supply store offers the $3 back per empty ink cartridge. Was it Office Max or Office Depot? I do remember it's for up to 5 empty cartridges but after that I'm blank!

Thanks!

Office Max.

Disnydad
04-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Our local Staples does if you are a member of their Staples Rewards program. I give mine to our church which turns them in for the $3.