PDA

View Full Version : alcohol on checked luggage

SRRN
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
does anyone know if alcohol can be taken on checked luggage?

DisneyAndRedSox
04-12-2010, 02:48 PM
My mom puts it in a bag called a Rum Runner. Comes up on google, they are very popular with those who smuggle booze on cruise ships (like my mom on royal Caribbean-lol)

Tinkerbelle32
04-12-2010, 02:52 PM
We bring back bottles of wine all of the time from Europe, and rum from the Caribbean. We always bubble wrap and have never lost a bottle yet. :goodvibes

sammi6
04-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I have never had an issue with packing mine in checked bags.

SRRN
04-12-2010, 03:53 PM
thanks for all your responses......don't want to smuggle it,just don't want any problems when they screen our suitcase.

JuneCleaver
04-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Duct tape on the cap, bubble wrap and then a large ziploc just in case of a leak or breakage! We do it all the time with duty free rum on cruises!

June

Thumper_Man
04-12-2010, 05:10 PM
You can view TSA's regulations on Alcohol HERE. (http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1189.shtm)

jsmith
04-12-2010, 05:21 PM
I fly with wine shippers as checked luggage with alarming frequency. A wine shipper is a box that holds 3, 6 ,9 or 12 bottles of wine. Its equiped with a liner that keeps the bottles stable when the the box is handled. Ive never had trouble checking one and they say quiet clearly on the side of the box-fragile -glass-wine shipper.

DFD
04-12-2010, 07:07 PM
does anyone know if alcohol can be taken on checked luggage?

I have the big rubbermade and place 2 bottles in it and so far nobody had taken it at the airport :) and if you are doing value resort with no fridge your rubbermade can be your Wine Chiller.. or milk or water etc.. :)

sorul82?
04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
My mom puts it in a bag called a Rum Runner. Comes up on google, they are very popular with those who smuggle booze on cruise ships (like my mom on royal Caribbean-lol)

I plan to order some for my cruise. :thumbsup2

Evi
04-12-2010, 10:36 PM
you can but honestly I only do when coming back from overseas (lots of liquors you just can't find here) But I'm always afraid and I'll tell you why. When picking up my bff on a recent flight at logan a gentleman was picking up his luggage and when he set it down it began to puddle then the puddle looked huge he had a case of wine in his luggage in it all broke it was this huge red pool it looked like his luggage sprung a leak when he stood it up off the conveyor belt. So I think it ok if its super super well packed but I'll always think of this poor guy picking up his luggage.

Evi
04-12-2010, 10:38 PM
just looked up the rum runners lol I'd feel like a total lush with those but I do see how they could be useful.