PDA

View Full Version : Pre-buy my "souveniers" or hit up Flea Markets?

julezdisney
04-11-2010, 02:04 AM
So should I pre-buy souvies online or wait for the Orlando Flea Markets? The items I'm considering waiting for @ the Flea Markets are:

beach towels
Sweatshirts
jewelry

All Disney.

Disneyoutlet and their Spring 50% OFF sale is calling my name though...

Is waiting for the flea markets going to be worth my time? The two off 192 are the ones I'm thinking... have you been? Was it worth it?

PrincessMom4
04-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Yes my mil went and said there was a lot of stuff there. Now that was March 2009 so things may have changed.

Cdn Gal
04-11-2010, 09:07 AM
You know that you are going to want to buy something while you are there- so just wait! (or buy at both like I would do!) I love the Florida flea markets. They are the best! :cool1:

java
04-11-2010, 09:45 AM
where the heck are Florida flea markets? Are you talking the disney outlety type stores or a full on flea market?

HunnyPots
04-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't understand pre-buying souvenirs. If you buy it from the disney store before your trip, it's not a souvenir of Walt Disney World but a souvenir of your trip to the mall.:confused3

Now if you just want some cheap disney stuff like beach towels to use on your trip, then yeah, I always buy stuff like that before I go. No way am I going to pay DW prices for those things and I won't waste vacation time shopping in outlet malls.

Danemom
04-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't understand pre-buying souvenirs. If you buy it from the disney store before your trip, it's not a souvenir of Walt Disney World but a souvenir of your trip to the mall.:confused3

This is true of souvenirs for yourself. But when you pre-buy souvenirs for others and they receive them at Walt Disney World, they are a souvenir of the trip.

Buckeye Princess
04-11-2010, 01:24 PM
We bought a few things for our trip at the character outlet once. Didn't save me any money because it just didn't feel like a souvie from Disney so we still bought stuff once there.

summerrluvv
04-11-2010, 01:25 PM

Now if you just want some cheap disney stuff like beach towels to use on your trip, then yeah, I always buy stuff like that before I go. No way am I going to pay DW prices for those things and I won't waste vacation time shopping in outlet malls.

I'm with you on that! I will buy things at home for them to use on the trip (glow sticks, disney outfits, etc.), but I buy the real souvies at WDW

julezdisney
04-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I buy items as souvenirs of the trip , not just as "WDW souvies" and I was VERY disappointed at selection and quality of merchandise @ our last trip so.... just looken for the bargains on stuff I truly like this time.