PDA

View Full Version : Cost of HCG

ShellyLynn3630
04-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Any one buy the HCG shots or drops to lose weight? Do they help and how much do they cost?

hlkeck
04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
my mom did that. she paid i think under $200 but you also had to do a diet that was only 500 calories. she claimed that with the shots she wasn't hungry, but it wasn't safe. she made it a week. I think she lost 5 lbs, but it was all gained right back as soon as she ate normal again.

bumbershoot
04-09-2010, 09:39 PM
There's another very recent thread about this (though not about cost). It's pretty well determined that the Dis isn't all that great a place to get info on the diet/shots. However, there are plenty of very specialized message boards where you can get all the info your heart desires, from people doing it who believe in it.

500 kcal? That's just not safe.

But anyway, just to specifically answer your question, if it weren't covered by insurance (to help with the effects of a pituitary tumor), DH's monthly shipment would be about $258.

I'd rather join Weight Watchers with that amount of money! Plus, you don't have to give yourself shots with WW.

DisneyMomma81
04-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Check out Mamaclok on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/mamaclok#g/u ~ she had great success with HCG! My mom's doing it right now, just starting ~ my sister's MIL had great success with it....

vacamomma
04-09-2010, 11:20 PM
DH and I are doing the diet now. It cost about $125 a piece for a 3 week supply. DH has lost 29 lbs and Ive lost 14lbs. Men lose alot quicker than women it seems. We are both about 10lbs away from our goal. We have Been on it a little over 2 weeks. It's not easy by any means but definatley doable.

jodim
04-10-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm doing a HCG program called Smart Body right now & I've lost 24lbs in 3 weeks.
I paid $350 for drops & pills (take 3 daily) for Phase 1 (1st month).
It is 800 calories per day. I do not feel hungry when taking the medicine, but still fight cravings (though rarely now).
I have to eat 3oz meat, 3.5oz of veg & 1 fruit two times a day during Phase 1. There is a small list of approved fruits, meats & veggies that I am allowed during the 1st 30 days. I am also required to drink 60oz of water & 1 lemon daily.
The plan I'm on gives me a full menu of ideas, the recipes aren't that bad, surprisingly.

If you have any questions, or want to know my dr's info, pm me.

badblackpug
04-10-2010, 11:05 AM
By HCG do you mean human chorionic gonadatropin? The pregnancy hormone? People are injecting themselves with pregnancy hormone to lose weight? That can't be safe. You would lose weight on a 500-800 calories diet anyway, without the added risk of hormones.

MickeyMom:)
04-10-2010, 03:11 PM
By HCG do you mean human chorionic gonadatropin? The pregnancy hormone? People are injecting themselves with pregnancy hormone to lose weight? That can't be safe. You would lose weight on a 500-800 calories diet anyway, without the added risk of hormones.

Actually you are partly correct. If you went on a long term 500 to 800 calorie diet a day your body would eventually start to realize that it is starving and will stall. The HCG injections allow for the adipose fat to be released into your blood and confuses your body cause technically you still have loads of fat in your blood for your body to run on. This fat is the stored fat Vs. the one that your intaking daily. That is why people on this diet loose so much fat especially in the heavy storage areas like the abs area. My husband and myself are now entering the 4th week on it and then will transition into the maintenance phase which is another 3 weeks. he has lost 20 pounds so far and myself not so much. I have only lost about 13 pounds. That's only because the less you have to loose the slower it will come off. So far no side effects and no hunger......I am so glad that we found this diet. The daily injections into the abd are really are a small price to pay for the results that we see daily. The maintenance plan allows for you to re-introduce foods at different intervals allowing you to keep int the habit of consuming much less. Any questions ask away ;)

fortheluvofpooh
04-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Actually you are partly correct. If you went on a long term 500 to 800 calorie diet a day your body would eventually start to realize that it is starving and will stall. The HCG injections allow for the adipose fat to be released into your blood and confuses your body cause technically you still have loads of fat in your blood for your body to run on. This fat is the stored fat Vs. the one that your intaking daily. That is why people on this diet loose so much fat especially in the heavy storage areas like the abs area. My husband and myself are now entering the 4th week on it and then will transition into the maintenance phase which is another 3 weeks. he has lost 20 pounds so far and myself not so much. I have only lost about 13 pounds. That's only because the less you have to loose the slower it will come off. So far no side effects and no hunger......I am so glad that we found this diet. The daily injections into the abd are really are a small price to pay for the results that we see daily. The maintenance plan allows for you to re-introduce foods at different intervals allowing you to keep int the habit of consuming much less. Any questions ask away ;)

but still you are introducing a pregnancy hormone into your body?

04-10-2010, 04:31 PM

Okay............:confused3

tikilyn
04-10-2010, 07:00 PM
You can also do Hcg sublingually too. No way to get me to stick myself with a needle! LOL I bought my hcg online; eventhough my doctor prescribed it for me. It's cheaper online than at the pharmacy! I bought 3 vials of hcg 5000iu's for 33.00 (well I actually ordered six vials for 66.00 plus shipping).

There are four phases but most people do phase 2 through 4 only.

Phase 1 is a cleansing phase
Phase 2 is 40 days of hcg and 500 cal diet
Phase 3 is Stabilization No starches and no sugar for three weeks. This phase is when you start adding back in dairy, and other veggies and fruits. Your goal in this phase is to reintroduce the foods without gaining or losing over 2lbs. You're setting your bodies weight set point.
Phase 4 you very slowly start to add in good starches and good sugars.

I just started phase 3 the other day and in Phase 2 I lost 18.6lbs in 40 days! It was hard giving up my starbucks but I did it. After our Disney trip in June I going to do another round and try to lose 15 - 20 more pounds. A good message board to visit is 4hcgsuccess.com. The naysayers will be popping in to tell you to get off your butt and exercise and eat healtly pretty soon, so get your popcorn ready:rotfl:

poohfriend
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM

I have a feeling this for me would mean a lot of nausea. With baby #1 I lost 24 lbs and wasn't hungry. Does this make it the vomit diet for me:rotfl:!?!

DisneyMomma81
04-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Oh no ~ my poor mom! Last night I took a look at her HCG and realized it's Homeopathic ~ this won't release fat, just muscle : ( I wish I would've researched this for her earlier, she ordered the real stuff today *but it'll take weeks to get here* from the website recommended by mamaclok on youtube ~ people before you doubt this research it, it can work and safely. I might try it with her, I don't have much to lose but I wouldn't mine dropping 10 lbs or so.

badblackpug
04-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Quite wrong. You will lose weight on 500-800 calorie diet regardless. Your body will burn your fat stores because you are eating WAAAAY fewer calories than your body needs to function. There is no way it is healthy to inject or otherwise introduce HCG or any other hormone that is not needed into your body. I think that portion control and learning to eat healthy foods is a much safer method for long term weight loss.

Whatever happened to plain old diet and exercise? :confused3

luvthatdisney
04-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I have been on a modified HCG diet since last October, I have lost 75 pounds in that time. I go to a physician's office that specializes in this diet. I give myself shots, but my doctor supplies them. I also take a weekly B12 shot and I also use Phentermine (diet pill). I use the pills on 2 months then off a month (I only take 10mg - half a pill). My diet is modified from the regular protocol, in that I eat way more than 500 calories a day. I do not count calories. I am on sort of an Atkins diet with extra fiber. I eat alot of double fiber bread - very good!! They have had way more success with this vs the 500 cal diet.

Cutting out sugar and artificial sweetners seem to be the main thing I have done. I also eat alot of beans!! :rotfl: I have drank only water since last October. It was hard at first, but now I really do not mind it. The main "diet" information I was given was the glycemic index - I was told to eat out of the "low" column and occasionally I can eat out of the next level.

I am no longer taking the shots, but it seems to have jump started my metabolism as I have added some sugars back to my diet (still only drink water) and I am still losing.

Good luck! I have to say I would be leary of ordering HCG off the internet. I guess I just feel more comfortable going to my doctor and knowing others using the same injections and knowing it is working for them (MIL and SIL). :cloud9:

fortheluvofpooh
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Okay............:confused3

I mean for a woman, okay, but for a man? is it really safe?

arihillfarm
04-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Quite wrong. You will lose weight on 500-800 calorie diet regardless. Your body will burn your fat stores because you are eating WAAAAY fewer calories than your body needs to function. There is no way it is healthy to inject or otherwise introduce HCG or any other hormone that is not needed into your body. I think that portion control and learning to eat healthy foods is a much safer method for long term weight loss.

I was wondering the same thing? :confused3 Someone else quoted a loss of 18 lbs. in 40 days on the 500 calorie a day diet. I am able to do better than that on 1200 calories a day (strictly counted but I don't limit any foods) and simply walking and jogging (pretty slow jogging too, between 4.5-6 mph) in intervals for 2 miles a day on the treadmill. If I stick to this, I average about 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound loss per day. It's the sticking to it that's sometimes a problem, :rotfl: but seriously, before I got pregnant with my daughter, I lost 65 lbs. in about 6 months doing this. I hit plateaus which slowed me down, but you learn to just keep going through them.

-Astrid

04-10-2010, 10:18 PM

You won't loose stored fat if you starve, think about it if it where that easy everyone would do it. If you starve you tap into MUSCLE....Thats what you loose lean muscle mass. The difference with doing the low cal diet while injecting HCG is that you won't loose lean muscle, you will only loose fat.

By the way there is nothing wrong with diet and exercise, please feel free....Some people choose to do things there own way, as long as they are comfortable with their choices, more power to them. My husband was over weight, I wasn't...I decided I wanted to loose a couple extra pounds and I was kinda wanting to take a break from the 4 miles I ran 4 times a week. Oh yeah thats right by the way you are encouraged NOT to work out while on the HCG diet. The most you are told you can do is a brief brisk walk for about 20 minutes, working out is not needed....:banana:

luvthatdisney
04-10-2010, 10:42 PM

Not trying to start an argument, but....

"Plain old diet and exerise" does not work for everyone. Plain and simple :)

I am in my forties and I will be the first to tell you that losing weight gets harder as you get older. I think in my case, menopause is a big culprit of that. I have always struggled with my weight, even as a young child. So being heavy is not anything new and did not happen due to having children. I have tried many diets and exercise programs (Formu 3, LA Weight Loss, Weight Watchers, The Firm, etc...). Each time I would lose, but I never could keep it off. Last October I was at 300 lbs, granted I am 5'11" so I might not look as heavy as my weight suggested, but I was very unhealthy.

I was looking into gastric bypass, but I thought I might try the HCG diet as my MIL and SIL had both had good results from it. Please note the clinic I go to does NOT use the 500 cal diet. No calorie counting!!! Please do not assume everyone that uses HCG is following the Simeons Protocol.

Please see my earlier post on this thread for the diet I am following. :)

I have found that restricting sugar helps me the most. I have tried Atkins alone a few years ago, but could seem to stick to it. I guess the combination of that and using half a diet pill a day helped me. I do not know if the HCG did anything, but I cannot question the results I have. Even in the months I did not use the diet pill (on 2 months then off 1 month) I still lost (average of 10 pounds a month). Oh BTW I have not exercised once, not once! Except for my regular daily activity, I do work at a school!!

I am just saying that not everyone will succeed with diet and exercise. I have changed the way I eat and it is something I have kept up with for the last 6.5 months. I have incorporated some sugars back into my diet, but nothing like I did before. Diet is a subjective thing and what works for one may not work for another. I just have to pray that I can keep off what I have lost and continue to eat better. I just ask that you not judge someone for trying certain diets. They might just find something that works for them!

rie'smom
04-10-2010, 11:12 PM

You are partially correct. At death, maybe, the body weight will plateau on 500-800 calories/day. I was anorexic and lived on that amount of calories or fewer for more than a year. I was down in the 80 lb range and still losing weight until I went into an eating disorder clinic.

It's like when people say bulimics won't lose weight-duh, yes if you're getting rid of all of the food you eat, you will lose weight. I had women in my group who are almost as thin as I was and they ate lots of food but it came back up or out either through vomiting, laxatives, or excessive exercise.

You won't loose stored fat if you starve, think about it if it where that easy everyone would do it. If you starve you tap into MUSCLE....Thats what you loose lean muscle mass. The difference with doing the low cal diet while injecting HCG is that you won't loose lean muscle, you will only loose fat.

By the way there is nothing wrong with diet and exercise, please feel free....Some people choose to do things there own way, as long as they are comfortable with their choices, more power to them. My husband was over weight, I wasn't...I decided I wanted to loose a couple extra pounds and I was kinda wanting to take a break from the 4 miles I ran 4 times a week. Oh yeah thats right by the way you are encouraged NOT to work out while on the HCG diet. The most you are told you can do is a brief brisk walk for about 20 minutes, working out is not needed....:banana:

You will definitely lose stored fat and then your muscles will start to breakdown on a limited calorie diet.

I was so thin that when I talked, you could see the striations of my jaw muscles.

I was going to post pictures but they are very disturbing. If you Google anorexia or pictures of anorexia, you'll see what I mean. Think concentration camp. Those people didn't have any fat left on their bodies.

badblackpug
04-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Not trying to start an argument, but....

"Plain old diet and exerise" does not work for everyone. Plain and simple :)

I am in my forties and I will be the first to tell you that losing weight gets harder as you get older. I think in my case, menopause is a big culprit of that. I have always struggled with my weight, even as a young child. So being heavy is not anything new and did not happen due to having children. I have tried many diets and exercise programs (Formu 3, LA Weight Loss, Weight Watchers, The Firm, etc...). Each time I would lose, but I never could keep it off. Last October I was at 300 lbs, granted I am 5'11" so I might not look as heavy as my weight suggested, but I was very unhealthy.

I was looking into gastric bypass, but I thought I might try the HCG diet as my MIL and SIL had both had good results from it. Please note the clinic I go to does NOT use the 500 cal diet. No calorie counting!!! Please do not assume everyone that uses HCG is following the Simeons Protocol.

Please see my earlier post on this thread for the diet I am following. :)

I have found that restricting sugar helps me the most. I have tried Atkins alone a few years ago, but could seem to stick to it. I guess the combination of that and using half a diet pill a day helped me. I do not know if the HCG did anything, but I cannot question the results I have. Even in the months I did not use the diet pill (on 2 months then off 1 month) I still lost (average of 10 pounds a month). Oh BTW I have not exercised once, not once! Except for my regular daily activity, I do work at a school!!

I am just saying that not everyone will succeed with diet and exercise. I have changed the way I eat and it is something I have kept up with for the last 6.5 months. I have incorporated some sugars back into my diet, but nothing like I did before. Diet is a subjective thing and what works for one may not work for another. I just have to pray that I can keep off what I have lost and continue to eat better. I just ask that you not judge someone for trying certain diets. They might just find something that works for them!

I am not judging anyone, but this is not safe. Diet pills are not safe, injecting yourself with pregnancy hormone is not safe. (HCG is a banned substance in professional sports) 500 calorie diets are not safe. )people do starve to death, and as a previous poster said anorexics continue to lose weight because their intake is at starvation level.) These things are also not a means to long term weight loss. They are a quick fix. (..and, frankly, I'd be very wary of any "medical professional" that told you NOT to exercise) The key to long term weight loss is learning to eat sensibly, portion control, and exercise. Everyone's calorie and exercise requirements are different, but it is a simple formula, if you take in less calories than you expend you will lose weight. It is not easy, and it takes a lot of vigilance and dedication. Gastric bypass and gastric banding are not cure-all's either. They are tools. They teach you to control portions and to really think about what you eat. (although the bypass does have the added effect of malabsorption) Many people who have had these surgeries have regained the weight because they thought that this was the "cure."

If you are comfortable doing these things and think they are worth the risk to your health, then that is fine. I am assuming you are an adult and able to make that decision. I think, though, that others have the right to know that this is not medically sound, and medical research has shown that HCG injections have little to do with the dramatic weight loss. The weight loss is attributed to the starvation level diet alone.

Tinkerbella001
04-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Actually, if you research this diet you will find it is VERY safe. In fact, the FDA just approved it again for use as weight loss. Injecting hCG itself is safe, as it is used for fertility treatments all the time. My obgyn prescribes it, and there are no side effects other than weight loss (other side effects may occur just as part of fast weight loss, not due to hCG).

Yes, you only eat a limited # of calories, but you body is consuming approx 2000 calories directly out of your stored fat. This is why you aren't hungry and your body doesn't go into starvation mode. In my particular case, diet and exercise did not work. I had a hormonal imbalance that is now being fixed. The more I dieted and exercised, the more my body rebelled.

Luvthatdisney- I would love to get your modified plan. My doc does strict simeons, with a few extra veggies allowed..

luvthatdisney
04-11-2010, 01:31 PM
badblackpug~ I never said my doctor told me not to exercise, quite the opposite. However, after reading the Simeons Protocol I decided on my own not to exercise. Please note I work at a school and I am pretty active during the day. I just do not engage in anything else, besides housework and now mowing the lawn. I do see your point, but I did alot of research before I even started this diet. The main reason I chose the clinic I did was they offered a modified diet. I knew I could not handle the 500 calorie one. They do offer that as well, but have an alternative. I also know diet pills are not safe; however, being 300 pounds was not safe either, you have to weigh the risks and see if it is something you can do for yourself. Please note I only took half a pill (10mg) a day. They monitor my BP very closely. No problems with the half a pill, it is completely normal now!! :goodvibes

Since I have come off the HCG shots I am going to start incorporating more exercise into my life. I need to get my legs prepared for alot of walking at WDW as we are going in June. One good thing is I can now ride whatever I want to as I will fit in the seats!!

Through the HCG journey I have learned how much sugar played a part in my weight over the years. I HATE veggies and have tried to make myself try them, but there are only a few I will eat. Not sure why, but that is how I am and I have been learning what I can do to live more healthfully. You are right it is a lifestyle change I have to make; however, daily exericise is just not going to happen - it has not thusfar in my 42 years.

For many if they do not see quick results they will fail; hence, the popularity of gastric bypass. I went through this cycle so many times it is not funny. Sometimes you have to do something drastic to make a change. I am going to work as hard as I can to keep this weight off. I would hope anyone taking on this diet would do the research and find out what it is all about before they start. ;)

JamesMom
04-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Actually, if you research this diet you will find it is VERY safe. In fact, the FDA just approved it again for use as weight loss. Injecting hCG itself is safe, as it is used for fertility treatments all the time. My obgyn prescribes it, and there are no side effects other than weight loss (other side effects may occur just as part of fast weight loss, not due to hCG). ..

Can you give me a medical based website (not an HCG sales page) that states the FDA has EVER approved HCG for weight loss? I truly want to see it. Please post the link.

For those curious I found this court ordered disclaimer on an HCG sales site [http://www.nationalmedicalclinic.com/html/hcg_weight_loss_program.html]:

"The use of HCG to treat obesity is not an approved use of the drug, but an "off-label" use of HCG which has an approved use of treating infertility. The drug is prescribed for the unapproved use at the discretion of the treating physician. The FDA has not approved the use of HCG for weight loss treatment, obesity therapy or determined that the use of HCG contributes to an individual’s loss of body fat. The FDA, National Institute of Health and the manufacturers of HCG advise that "HCG has no known affect on fat mobilization, reducing appetite or sense of hunger, or body fat distribution." and they further state that "HCG has not been demonstrated to be an effective adjunct therapy in the treatment of obesity and does not increase fat losses beyond that resulting from caloric restriction."

My neighbor has just sign up for this and is on her 3rd post binge (6th shot) day and has reported 3 pounds lost so far. She is hungry though.

Waiting till after my trip to start a true diet...

bumbershoot
04-11-2010, 06:10 PM
I can't find anything on the FDA site that indicates it has approved this drug for use like this. Using it as a diet aid is strictly off label, as far as I can tell.

My obgyn prescribes it, and there are no side effects other than weight loss (other side effects may occur just as part of fast weight loss, not due to hCG).

Please explain the massive growth of body and head hair on my husband then! He's Asian, and naturally rather hair-free on his body, until taking HCG. He has leg hair now, chest hair...I just gave him a haircut today and I would say he has half-again as much hair as he did during the last haircut.

OK, well that's from the testosterone he's now making in more abundance, but it's from his taking the HCG.

For women, from drugs.com:

Some women using this medicine have developed a condition called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), especially after the first treatment cycle. OHSS can be a life-threatening condition. Call your doctor right away if you have any of the following symptoms of OHSS:

severe pelvic pain;

swelling of the hands or legs;

stomach pain and swelling;

shortness of breath;

weight gain;

diarrhea;

nausea or vomiting; or

urinating less than normal.

Less serious side effects may include:

headache;

feeling restless or irritable;

mild swelling or water weight gain;

depression;

breast tenderness or swelling; or

pain, swelling, or irritation where the injection is given.

DH had to have an appointment where they taught him how to do the shot. He has to be VERY careful with it, and he has caused himself severe pain several times. He has hit a nerve, and often the anticipation causes his thigh muscle to tense up around the needle just as it goes in, causing him immense pain. It's not an easy process. And that's just the injection, not all of the actual DRUG-caused possible side effects from above.

I have a feeling this for me would mean a lot of nausea. With baby #1 I lost 24 lbs and wasn't hungry. Does this make it the vomit diet for me:rotfl:!?!

It hasn't for DH. But it could.

I mean for a woman, okay, but for a man? is it really safe?

"Because of its similarity to LH, hCG can also be used clinically to induce ovulation in the ovaries as well as testosterone production in the testes."

DH has a pituitary tumor that creates prolactin. While he waits for the other drug to shrink that tumor, he's taking HCG so that his body can start creating more testosterone again (you can't imagine how it feels to be a man making the "milk hormone" with very little testosterone).

He could just take testosterone, but that would cause another medical side effect, that of sterility (while taking the testosterone). Despite a drastically low testosterone reading, he wasn't actually infertile before, which surprised the heck out of his endo. Since winding up with a second condition isn't good, his endo decided that HCG would work better, b/c it stimulates his body to make the testosterone on its own.

Although DH has been taking it for a few months now (and it's working beautifully to increase testosterone), and watching his diet, he's not losing weight...his endo was hopeful that it would help, but it seems that the HCG is actually causing him to gain water weight.

Now if DH would just only eat 500 kcal per day, then perhaps he would lose more weight.

DH's experience makes me think strongly that these good results others have had is from the severe diet but not much helped by the HCG.

From the women I've known taking HCG to stimulate their ovaries, they tend to gain weight as well, so again, not sure the drug is doing much for the weight loss, while the 500kcal diet is doing most or all of the work...

Anyway, since it's close to LH which men produce anyway, I don't think having it in your system is going to cause anything horrible, but it will be doing extra things like increasing testosterone and whatnot. Our endo has us watch to make sure he's not getting emotional side effects. He was, the first month or two...since his levels had been really low, he had become much more gentle, very womanly (he knows I talk about this, no worries, we talk about EVERYTHING and have no secrets from the world)...as his testosterone levels started going up, his moods got volatile. They evened out as he got used to how he used to be, pre-prolactinoma, though.

There's no chance in heck DH would do all of this to himself if he didn't have to, though!

asmit4
04-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm interested in learning more about this. Can someone explain how this drug works to help you lose weight? Also- how did you find a doc that was willing to prescribe this for the off label use, how much does it cost you? I wonder if this is something I should look into for myself.

***Please not comments on how 'plain diet and exercise is the way to go.' I'd like to hear from those that are using this product successfully.

luvthatdisney
04-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm interested in learning more about this. Can someone explain how this drug works to help you lose weight? Also- how did you find a doc that was willing to prescribe this for the off label use, how much does it cost you? I wonder if this is something I should look into for myself.

***Please not comments on how 'plain diet and exercise is the way to go.' I'd like to hear from those that are using this product successfully.

Asmit4~

It is easy to search on the internet for HCG information. Please beware that there are many shady sites that are only trying to sell HCG (especially the drops). Try to find medical sites that give you a truer picture of what HCG is and does.

In regards to finding a doctor to prescribe it, that is not hard either. Some general practioners will prescribe it, some will not. If I were you, I would start with my regular doctor (I did) and see what their opinion of it is. There are many clinics in my area (I am in NC) that will prescribe it. The one I go to is also a general practice so I go there if I am sick or for my monthly weigh-ins. I would get the HCG from them, I did not order it.

Please be aware as a pp metioned, there are side effects and risks involved with HCG. However, you have to weigh the risks against the health issues with your weight and see if it is best for you. Talking with your doctor will help you sort out these risks.

Best Wishes~:cutie:

Tinkerbella001
04-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I was talking to my obgyn about weight loss and he suggested 3 things: gastric bypass, phentermine, or hcg. After researching all 3, I found hCG to be the safest route BY FAR. And definately less risks than staying obese.

As far as the FDA statement, I am going off a story the local news did. They said FDA banned injections, but have relaxed those restrictions. Here's a link http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=239192 I hope it works.

I get so amused by people who judge others and make statements about a diet (or anything) that they know very little about. Also, if diet and exercise worked for everyone, we would not be the fattest country in the world. When I went on a dr approved 1200-1500 calorie diet with moderate exercise I lost very little. It makes sense that my weight gain was caused by hormonal changes, I.e. baby #3, and that hormones can help cure it. I know it works for me, and really don't care what the judgemental people who have never struggled with obesity think...

SarahKate
04-11-2010, 10:17 PM
I just looked at 10 different sites, which ALL concurred that the FDA has not approved HCG for weight loss.

A 500-calorie diet plan is NOT a good idea. Sorry. It's just not, I don't care who has had success with it.

Yeah, you're gonna have some serious weight loss with this plan. But how long are you going to stay with it? I 100% guarantee that the moment you increase your food intake, you'll gain that weight back and then some. Your poor body isn't mean to handle that amount of calories.

Don't you think that contributes to the statistics that show that people RARELY keep weight off after they've gone on diet plans? It's because these plans are so very restrictive and you can't physically stay on them in the long run.

I'm not a nutritionist OR a fitness expert, and I'm about 80 pounds overweight. I KNOW the struggles all too well. But people, there is no magic pill that's going to give you LONG TERM SUCCESS. Just quick fixes.

badblackpug
04-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I was talking to my obgyn about weight loss and he suggested 3 things: gastric bypass, phentermine, or hcg. After researching all 3, I found hCG to be the safest route BY FAR. And definately less risks than staying obese.

As far as the FDA statement, I am going off a story the local news did. They said FDA banned injections, but have relaxed those restrictions. Here's a link http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=239192 I hope it works.

I get so amused by people who judge others and make statements about a diet (or anything) that they know very little about. Also, if diet and exercise worked for everyone, we would not be the fattest country in the world. When I went on a dr approved 1200-1500 calorie diet with moderate exercise I lost very little. It makes sense that my weight gain was caused by hormonal changes, I.e. baby #3, and that hormones can help cure it. I know it works for me, and really don't care what the judgemental people who have never struggled with obesity think...

I am fairly sure this is directed at me, and, with all due respect, you know nothing about me, or with what I have or have not struggled. You make this assumption because I do not agree with yet another fad diet. I have had a weight problem my entire life. I was the fat kid, the fat teenager and the fat adult, and I took all the abuse that came with it. I have used just about every product, pill, supplement, plan and diet that has been out there. I have lost weight on a lot, but gained back every pound and more after going off the plan, pill diet or supplement. I cannot blame hormones, I have never been pregnant, nor am I menopausal. I have had complete medical workups that indicate no deficiency in my system that would cause me to be overweight. At one point I was considering gastric bypass as I, too felt, that I couldn't lose weight in the conventional manner. As part of the planning I had to attend nutritional counseling. It forced me to take a good, hard look at how and what I ate and my lifestyle. I got up off the couch started to exercise and be very vigilant about what I eat. I eat a diet high in lean proteins and vegetables. I limit carbohydrate intake to "good" carbs such as fruits. I eat very few starches. I run 3-5 miles daily and do 30 minutes of light weight training. (by the way, I have 4 children, ranging in age from 5 months to 12 years and a full time job) Are there days when I'd rather order a pizza, go through the drive through, or whip up some box mac and cheese? Sure! Are there days when I would rather sit on the couch and watch TV or read a book or play on the computer? Sure! As I said, it is a lifestyle and it is HARD work, and it is a struggle every day, but it is what I must do to maintain my health. I try to look at it the same way I would if I had diabetes or heart disease, or any other condition that requires a certain lifestyle and diet. It is also good role modeling for my kids. I have also lost all the weight and kept it off for years. We are the fattest nation on the planet because we eat processed high fat, high carb junk, and we don't exercise. Period. Plain and simple.

Chloesmom
04-11-2010, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=Tinkerbella001;36209425]Actually, if you research this diet you will find it is VERY safe. In fact, the FDA just approved it again for use as weight loss.

QUOTE]

The FDA also approved gems like fen-phen...
I am not judging anyonw and I know the struggle of wieght loss as much as anyone on here but this just seems soooo extreme. 500 calories? I am training for a marathon and of course I am running and burning calories thru exercise but a body needs things regardless of exercise, diet, age, etc. I know if I dont eat enough protein I get very dizzy. It takes about 2 weeks for the lack of it to catch up with me but it would be slower in someone not exercising. The dizzy is your body screaming for help. My dr had to MAKE me add 800 calories to my diet because I was not getting enough vitamins, fats, carbs, minerals etc. I still lose about half a pound a day when I run 6 miles or more ( on longer run days I have to eat more calories).
I wonder what happens when the drugs are gone..can you never eat anything normally?
For what its worth I lost over 100 pounds by training for this marathon.. and I have about 30 left...
Just doesnt seem like a good idea for long term health...

rie'smom
04-11-2010, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=Tinkerbella001;36209425]Actually, if you research this diet you will find it is VERY safe. In fact, the FDA just approved it again for use as weight loss.

QUOTE]

The FDA also approved gems like fen-phen...
I am not judging anyonw and I know the struggle of wieght loss as much as anyone on here but this just seems soooo extreme. 500 calories? I am training for a marathon and of course I am running and burning calories thru exercise but a body needs things regardless of exercise, diet, age, etc. I know if I dont eat enough protein I get very dizzy. It takes about 2 weeks for the lack of it to catch up with me but it would be slower in someone not exercising. The dizzy is your body screaming for help. My dr had to MAKE me add 800 calories to my diet because I was not getting enough vitamins, fats, carbs, minerals etc. I still lose about half a pound a day when I run 6 miles or more ( on longer run days I have to eat more calories).
I wonder what happens when the drugs are gone..can you never eat anything normally?
For what its worth I lost over 100 pounds by training for this marathon.. and I have about 30 left...
Just doesnt seem like a good idea for long term health...

Congratulations on the weight loss! Good for you training for a marathon. I think it's great.:)

Chloesmom
04-11-2010, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=Chloesmom;36217817]

Congratulations on the weight loss! Good for you training for a marathon. I think it's great.:)

Thank you!

Anjelica
04-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Not judging anyone here - however please note that the FDA has NOT approved the use of HCG for weight loss. I read earlier someone stated it was and it hasn't as of today.

04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Can you give me a medical based website (not an HCG sales page) that states the FDA has EVER approved HCG for weight loss? I truly want to see it. Please post the link.

For those curious I found this court ordered disclaimer on an HCG sales site [http://www.nationalmedicalclinic.com/html/hcg_weight_loss_program.html]:

"The use of HCG to treat obesity is not an approved use of the drug, but an "off-label" use of HCG which has an approved use of treating infertility. The drug is prescribed for the unapproved use at the discretion of the treating physician. The FDA has not approved the use of HCG for weight loss treatment, obesity therapy or determined that the use of HCG contributes to an individualís loss of body fat. The FDA, National Institute of Health and the manufacturers of HCG advise that "HCG has no known affect on fat mobilization, reducing appetite or sense of hunger, or body fat distribution." and they further state that "HCG has not been demonstrated to be an effective adjunct therapy in the treatment of obesity and does not increase fat losses beyond that resulting from caloric restriction."

My neighbor has just sign up for this and is on her 3rd post binge (6th shot) day and has reported 3 pounds lost so far. She is hungry though.

Waiting till after my trip to start a true diet...

Do you know how many "off-Label" meds are prescribed daily.....Physicians will find by chance that so and so med works great for this condition....even though it was not approved for that.

04-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Also remember that our body doesn't realize we are only on 500 calories a day, since fat and calories are being released into our blood stream, hence the reason we don't keel over and faint....I will tell you, my husband and I have never felt better. We have more energy and don't ever feel hungry. If we were just doing the 500 calorie diet with no HCG we would be starving and would soon start to feel the effects of starvation. How do you otherwise explain our 4 week investment into this protocol and are not showing signs of any malnutrition. I had our blood drawn in my practice for the sake of looking at our values and nothing but normal readings. :)

hrh_disney_queen
04-12-2010, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Chloesmom;36217817]

I'm so impressed, you should be very proud!

daisylove
07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi
Someone mentioned here that the homeopathic oral drops are not good? Is that true? What does it do different?