PDA

View Full Version : ? about Universal Studios GC

gillenkl
04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I am invited to a sweet 16 party for a girl I haven't seen for 10 years. I know her family is going to Universal Studios this summer and I thought about getting her a GC for there. I don't know anything about Universal - can the gift cards (I've seen them at Walgreens) be used in the park to buy things like tshirts, souvenirs etc......

MarilIncredible
04-09-2010, 01:24 PM
In January 2009, you took the GC to the customer service window and traded it for Universal Dollars and you could use those for darn near anything in the parks.

Also, they give you change in real currency, so if you use a $5 UD to buy a $2 item, you get $3 real US cash back.

Edited to add: I don't know if that is still how it works. You might want to try on the Uniersal boards. The folks there are really helpful and really know their stuff!

gillenkl
04-10-2010, 05:49 PM
In January 2009, you took the GC to the customer service window and traded it for Universal Dollars and you could use those for darn near anything in the parks.

Also, they give you change in real currency, so if you use a $5 UD to buy a $2 item, you get $3 real US cash back.

Edited to add: I don't know if that is still how it works. You might want to try on the Uniersal boards. The folks there are really helpful and really know their stuff!

You are correct - I picked up the GC today and this is what it says:
Universal Orlando Resort $25
Redeem GC for $25 towards admission tickets or universal dollars at any universal orlando resort ticket window