PDA

View Full Version : OH NO not another crazy Fad for my kids!

sjms71
04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
So, maybe this has been out a while I have no idea. But DD12 comes home today and begs me to take her to walgreens for these animal rubber bands that are all the rage at her middle school. I have no idea what they were but went to 3 walgreens and they were all sold out. Finally, they had some at one. Every store was like they are selling like crazy. Aparently, walgreens only will have Disney ones too. Anyone else's kids into this yet another Fad.

Here are what they are if you don't know. Cause I didn't after today:)

http://www.animal-rubber-bands.com/

java
04-08-2010, 08:20 PM
There are tons of Knockoff ones too. Just be aware as it matters to some of the "traders"
I am not sure if Walgreens is selling SILLYBANDZ or a knockoff. But really my kids don't care one way or the other. Just know what you are buying the knockoffs are cheaper. (our Shoprite sells the knockoff ones)

BellePrincessBelle
04-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Silly bandz are the name brand & they are way old news around here. I don't think anyone buys them anymore.

SandrA9810
04-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Some one brought this topic up a couple months ago. Half said that the fad had already passed, and others were just picking up on it.

sjms71
04-08-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry silly bandz may not be the ones walgreens sells just wanted to post what they were. I think they are just picking up here in our part of NC.

blessedmom4
04-08-2010, 08:28 PM
They have been around here for a while; however, the cousins in Maryland are just now discovering them.

daisyduck123
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I think I have confiscated a few of those and they are in my desk drawer at school. :teacher:

sjms71
04-08-2010, 08:35 PM
I think I have confiscated a few of those and they are in my desk drawer at school. :teacher:

Yeah, that what I'm afraid of with my 10 year old. I usually never let him bring anything like that to school because it would end up in the teacher's desk.

java
04-08-2010, 08:47 PM
our school allows them- but I don't let DS bring his anymore. I could see they were annoying the teacher when I was in there and decided to not add to the chaos of her day.

gigi1313
04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
they are just becoming popular here... saw them today for the first time... i had no idea there were DISNEY ones... gotta get me some! LOL!

robinb
04-08-2010, 08:55 PM
My 10-year old DD says that she had not seen them in her school but she now wants some :rolleyes1. She says: :woohoo:.

sjms71
04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
they are just becoming popular here... saw them today for the first time... i had no idea there were DISNEY ones... gotta get me some! LOL!

The girl at walgreens says they will be the only one's to carry Disney ones. Not sure if that is true. They weren't out yet and were expecting them in tomorrow.

gigi1313
04-08-2010, 09:00 PM
guess i know where i'll be headed on my lunch hour tomorrow... LOL!

sjms71
04-08-2010, 09:02 PM
guess i know where i'll be headed on my lunch hour tomorrow... LOL!

Don't I know it!! I drove to 4 walgreens today for these things. Luckily there is one on every corner here so I actually didn't have to go to far.

sjms71
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
My 10-year old DD says that she had not seen them in her school but she now wants some :rolleyes1. She says: :woohoo:.

See, this is how these crazy things get going. :rotfl:

WeLoveLilo05
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
So, maybe this has been out a while I have no idea. But DD12 comes home today and begs me to take her to walgreens for these animal rubber bands that are all the rage at her middle school. I have no idea what they were but went to 3 walgreens and they were all sold out. Finally, they had some at one. Every store was like they are selling like crazy. Aparently, walgreens only will have Disney ones too. Anyone else's kids into this yet another Fad.

HAHAHA, my cousins came home from school begging for them today, they found them @ 7 11, not sure if they are "knock offs" but those look like the ones they purchased.

Shannon4Al
04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
These reached their peak in our area right around Thanksgiving. Once they were banned from school, interest died off. DD has tons of them in a drawer in her room. They are cute, but caused major issues between the kids in the elementary school.

MoniqueU
04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Must be an east coast thing? My 6th and 7th graders are into big ticket items, Uggs, Urban Outfitters, Coach, True Religion and whatever else drains my wallet. My oldest DD is way way way into makeup, Mac, Sephora and any other brand that you could imagine.

clj1410
04-08-2010, 09:32 PM
My DD and DS have been collecting them for about 2 months now. We got a letter home about 2 weeks ago, tell us that 1st graders were not allowed to have Sillybandz in school. DD is in 4th grade and she is still allowed to wear them, for now! I will check out the Disney ones too!

Krazy 4 da Mouse
04-08-2010, 09:37 PM
My DD (5th grade) has some. We got them at Books A Million at Christmas. Now they are every where. We are in Georgia, big here! She would love Disney ones! Off to Walgreens we'll go!:laughing:

bigmama67
04-08-2010, 09:55 PM
My DS is in first grade and he has a long list of the animals he wants! Our 19 y.o. babysitter had one on last week and he was coveting it...LOL.

Also there's something new out called "Mighty Beans." I saw 'em at Target the other day after he'd mentioned them a few times. They look even less useful than Bakugan...WHICH I might add we have a whole box of, and WHICH he barely touches, and WHICH are now on clearance at Target. Oy! :rolleyes1

labdogs42
04-08-2010, 09:56 PM
My 5 year old just discovered these the other day. We live in PA. I ordered them from Amazon after trying to track them down at three different stores. I highly recommend ordering them instead of driving all over town for them!

MissionWDW
04-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh yeah...it's been here for a few months as well. My daughter first came home wearing a duck rubber band on her wrist...her BFF gave to her. I found them in ShopRite right before Easter, so I bought her a couple packs for her Easter basket. I swear she seemed almost as excited over those rubber bands as she did the Justin Bieber CD in her basket!!! She wears hers as bracelets.

preschoolmom
04-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Not here yet, as far as I know. My MIL is a Kindy teacher in NJ - and she gave each of my girls a ton for their Birthday. I just saved them in a box in their room, in case it ever catches on here - we're ready :rotfl:

BabyFu18
04-09-2010, 12:09 AM
My 11 year old niece loves them, they were really big back around October/November 09, but I think they are still relatively popular with her age group.

I haven't seen Disney ones yet, but they'd be a great little add on to her surprise bag for our upcoming disney trip, so if I happen upon them I might get her some and hope she still likes them come July.

mollay
04-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Not here yet, as far as I know. My MIL is a Kindy teacher in NJ - and she gave each of my girls a ton for their Birthday. I just saved them in a box in their room, in case it ever catches on here - we're ready :rotfl:

I say send your kids to school and have them be the ones to start the fad in your area ;)
Though the parents of their peers might not appreciate that so much when it starts to affect their own pockets, hehe

timzagain
04-09-2010, 12:26 AM

I hadn't heard of them before, so I checked out the website! Hopefully they won't catch on here in Barbados. All of our schools here, both public and private, have pretty strict uniform codes so I'm pretty sure that there would be a ban on wearing them at school! Maybe that's why they never took off here - the stores don't want to get stuck with inventory they can't sell.

In the meantime, I hope DD12 doesn't catch on to this fad. There is a lot of fad-inspired junk in my house already and I'm not eager to add to the pile

Kat77
04-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Also there's something new out called "Mighty Beans." I saw 'em at Target the other day after he'd mentioned them a few times. :rolleyes1

Mighty Beanz aren't new so ask friends with older boys (12-14) if they have some before spending money. My DS12 played with them 5-6 yrs back. Every now and then I run into one that refuses to disappear. :rotfl:

blessedmom4
04-09-2010, 01:42 AM
Mighty Beanz aren't new so ask friends with older boys (12-14) if they have some before spending money. My DS12 played with them 5-6 yrs back. Every now and then I run into one that refuses to disappear. :rotfl:

My middle two LOVED these when they came around the first time…got a few in their stockings that Christmas. I saw them in the stores when I was buying for Easter Baskets this year and was surprised… ahhh memories…

poohfriend
04-09-2010, 02:36 AM
i've been waiting for mickey heads. these have been in our area for about a year...not nearly as big now...kids collected 100s.

disfan07
04-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Must be an east coast thing? My 6th and 7th graders are into big ticket items, Uggs, Urban Outfitters, Coach, True Religion and whatever else drains my wallet. My oldest DD is way way way into makeup, Mac, Sephora and any other brand that you could imagine.

i dont think its an east coast thing. I just think that what your kids are into is a southern california thing. It amazes me what the difference is in the price sof what elementary adn middle schoolers are into in southern california and the prices of what elementary and middle schoolers are into around most of teh country.

I learned very quickly form my 12 year old cousin adn her friends (and my past year living here) that Southern California definitely breeds a different species than most of teh country when it comes to what kids are into.

gigi1313
04-09-2010, 05:40 AM
i dont think its an east coast thing. I just think that what your kids are into is a southern california thing. It amazes me what the difference is in the price sof what elementary adn middle schoolers are into in southern california and the prices of what elementary and middle schoolers are into around most of teh country.

I learned very quickly form my 12 year old cousin adn her friends (and my past year living here) that Southern California definitely breeds a different species than most of teh country when it comes to what kids are into.

i don't know... that list (uggs, urban outfitters, coach, along w/betsey johnson, edd hardy, louis vitton, etc) is very familiar to me, moreso when my dd was in 6th-7th grade than now that she's in 9th... and i'm on the east coast...

MinnieForMe
04-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Thanks! Now, I know what they are! I was in CVS on Monday night and a dad came in looking for them. The clerk said "everyone" is looking for them so it must be starting here in NH.

My son had no idea but he's in middle school.

MickeyMomOfThree
04-09-2010, 05:51 AM
I read about them here on DIS and got some for my girls' Easter baskets from Justice. They had not seen them before but loved them and have been wearing them at school. So far though they have not noticed it cathing on, though people did ask them where they came from. I want the Mickey ones! :lmao:

lisaross
04-09-2010, 05:59 AM
YES, MY SON IS IN 4TH GRADE AND LOVES THEM ALSO...the real ones cost 4.99 for 24 bracelets - i'm happy its prettty cheap!

scooterpig
04-09-2010, 06:11 AM
I have not seen them here in MA yet. Neither has my DD13. Hopefully the fad will pass before it even starts here. :rolleyes1

momof2gr8kids
04-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Haven't seen them here waaaay up in Northwestern Ontario, but we're usually the last for anything. LOL.

If I saw Disney ones I'd be inclined to purchase them, but I can't stand crap all over the house, so I don't tend to run out and keep up with the latest fad. If it's for stocking stuffers, or easter baskets, I would, but generally we're not the type to just go shopping and buy stuff (that I will throw out when they're not looking anyways!! LOL)

dizneechic
04-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Based on the thread on here last time I ended up picking up 4 styles and stuffing easter eggs (for us and the neighborhood) with them. None of the kids had a clue what they were and I ended up explaining to the parents so they would have an idea. Mine have worn them to school a few times (and 1 birthday party) but still haven't seen anyone else who has them or even really cared. You can bet I will hunt down the Disney ones though at Walgreens!

Oh, does anyone else notice they break kinda easy? I know my kids can be rough on things so assumed it was them, but we have the official sillybandz (not knock off) and I keep finding broken ones around the house.

Fall1
04-09-2010, 06:54 AM
I saw a woman buying these yesterday in MA. They are cute and remind me of friendship beads :)
My kids are too young, but I think it's cute!

disfan07
04-09-2010, 07:45 AM
i don't know... that list (uggs, urban outfitters, coach, along w/betsey johnson, edd hardy, louis vitton, etc) is very familiar to me, moreso when my dd was in 6th-7th grade than now that she's in 9th... and i'm on the east coast...

From what I see in your profile, your from Long Island right?

I think there are pocket areas (Fairfax County, VA, Long Island NY, Southern California) from what I knwo from my cousin who grew up on LI, growing up in Fairfax and my cousins growing up in LA area adn now living here, they are all very similar with these types of things but I don't think it is the norm for that age.

But in Fairfax County, these were more high school things than elem. school. Elem. was still Abercrombie, Limited Too, AE, etc. not the name brand things that IMO, no child in elem. school should own. Even 7th grade I think is pushing it.

mjkacmom
04-09-2010, 07:50 AM
LOL - my SIL brought some for my kids from Virginia, not knowing they've almost over them here in NJ.

labdogs42
04-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Does anyone have a picture of what the Disney ones look like? I may have to look for those!

mercydisney
04-09-2010, 11:21 AM
I thought by now in my part of the world they would be loosing interest. A yr later DD9 is still into Silly Bandz. I don't mind because they were cheap Christmas Stocking stuffers and Easter Basket goodies.

I find Amazon to sell them the cheapest if you have prime.

glitzybabes
04-09-2010, 11:29 AM
my mama bought my dd11 some for her easter basket. I thought she was crazy for paying 3.00 for them. I did not know that they were a fab. I don't think my dd knows because she said that she wanted to take them back. lol I bought some hello kitty ones for $1 at claries about 2 years ago but they are smaller.

MEM
04-09-2010, 11:30 AM
I have not seen them here in MA yet. Neither has my DD13. Hopefully the fad will pass before it even starts here. :rolleyes1

They just hit the Boston area a few weeks ago - so, watch out! In my area they are carried by The Paper Store and Party Needs. DD13 bought a set of the Rock Music ones and gave or traded away most of them for the crappy ones other kids didn't want. I tried to tell her to think of the bands as Disney pins and learn to negotiate!

ShannonMB
04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
hahha, this thread is cracking me up, because my DD has just discovered SILLYBANDZ. Just 2 days ago we were on a mad hunt for these darn things! We went to the CVS close to our house, and the lady there said they sold out the first day they got them. We went to Meijer, Toys R Us, no luck. BTW, the Toys R US lady did tell us "We have Mighty Beans, though". :laughing: DD (or I) doesn't know what those are yet, but I guess we know where they are when she "discovers" them! We finally found some SILLYBANDZ at another CVS, but they only had the dinosaur shaped ones, which DD wasn't crazy about. She decided they were better than nothing, though.

Just let me say that I'm not usually the one who goes on an all-out manhunt for the lastest trend. AT ALL! But we are on spring break this week and I had told DD we would go out to lunch that day. We got to go to the place I picked if I agreed to find SILLYBANDZ afterward. :laughing: I did have a yummy lunch, so it was worth it. ;)

EMom
04-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I am guilty of getting the fad started at DD's school in Texas. Justice only had the farm and zoo animals, but we got both. The other kids loved them and wanted them. I put them in Easter eggs for the neighborhood egg hunt and that means our school now has them on wrists from grades K-5. :lmao: DD will wear 12 at once. Her wrists are teeny tiny and they are some of the few that fit.

dreamalittledream
04-09-2010, 01:32 PM
They hit our school about the end of Feb/early March. All ages are wearign them, from K to HS. I know they were just starting in this area about Dec b/c the local upscale resale shop had xmas ones as leftovers in Feb. Now they can't keep them in stock.

5 below sells them for 2.00 a pack (knock offs) and they don'tseem to break as easily as the real ones.

I did order some from a website
http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index.asp?txtSearch=silly+bands&PageAction=PRODSEARCH
that has free shipping and kept me from having to run all over town!

The letters pack were really cute and very tradeable.

I would love to find disney ones though!!

Kitzka
04-09-2010, 02:41 PM
IN Northern NJ the trend is still pretty strong. mainly depends on the age of the kids.

the funny thing is that i found these at the Container store about 4 years ago. i thought they were so cute 24 for $5 and bought a pack for my coworkers. they were just cute to decorate my computer screen with and i think it's funny that they are now such a huge fad.

i liken this fad to the plastic charm bracelets that i coveted as a girl of the mid 80s.

lara

woodkins
04-09-2010, 03:09 PM

I think there are pocket areas (Fairfax County, VA, Long Island NY, Southern California) from what I knwo from my cousin who grew up on LI, growing up in Fairfax and my cousins growing up in LA area adn now living here, they are all very similar with these types of things but I don't think it is the norm for that age.

But in Fairfax County, these were more high school things than elem. school. Elem. was still Abercrombie, Limited Too, AE, etc. not the name brand things that IMO, no child in elem. school should own. Even 7th grade I think is pushing it.

I am in Long Island & that is the way it is. Little girls wearing Juicy, Coach bags etc. I bought my dd7 Silly Bandz when I saw them here and figured I would beat the rush before they became popular here, but still no one but her has ever heard of them.

mjkacmom
04-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I am in Long Island & that is the way it is. Little girls wearing Juicy, Coach bags etc. I bought my dd7 Silly Bandz when I saw them here and figured I would beat the rush before they became popular here, but still no one but her has ever heard of them.

Wow - I live in NJ, 8 miles from NYC, and they've been here all of the school year!

ceecee
04-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Are there Disney ones? Or do you mean the Princess pack? Seems like that would be a copyright issue. There's no Disney on their website.

HLDisney
04-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Wow - I live in NJ, 8 miles from NYC, and they've been here all of the school year!

We live in Queens, NYC, and I haven't seen or heard anything about them yet. Guess they didn't make it across the river yet :)

Helen

dzorn
04-09-2010, 05:09 PM
It's only another crazy fad if you go to 4 Walgreens looking for them. No thanks.

Denise in MI

LisaNJ25
04-09-2010, 05:17 PM
You can get them at the grocery store, Hallmarks, Mall Kiosks also. My 4yo son is obsessed with them.

You can get them from Amazon.com also

gigi1313
04-09-2010, 06:04 PM

still totally OT, but i have a friend w/four girls in omaha, nebraska, who homeschools and her girls are as into the styles/designers as my daughter at the same age or younger... of course, they could be the exception to the rule...

gigi1313
04-09-2010, 06:12 PM

where on long island are you? i'm east of riverhead... that might have something to do with it?

i saw them yesterday for the first time... my kids had seen them but not up close & personal nor had they asked for any before yesterday...

woodkins
04-09-2010, 06:45 PM
where on long island are you? i'm east of riverhead... that might have something to do with it?

i saw them yesterday for the first time... my kids had seen them but not up close & personal nor had they asked for any before yesterday...

We live in Setauket/Pt Jeff area. We got them at Justice but none of her friends knew what they were. My parents live in East Quogue and none of the kids in their community have them either.

Krazy 4 da Mouse
04-09-2010, 07:23 PM
We were at Walgreens today. The bandz there are not true silly bandz. My DD said these are fakes. I just laughed, fake rubber bands!?!? This is crazy! :rotfl2:

valeriemouse
04-09-2010, 07:48 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, but, I'm a teacher in a middle school in NY and I have to say OMG these things are everywhere! Boys and girls alike. They have princess packs and animal packs and the ones that look like ipods and dinosaurs . . . . I could go on forever, lol. It takes me back to the days when I was in elementary school and eveyone had those snap bracelets!

I don't mind them. I think they're cute actually! My homeroom each morning comes in and shows me the new ones they've traded, almost on a daily basis. :rotfl:

ETA: I see so many fellow Long Islanders here!!!

shoney
04-09-2010, 08:04 PM
I too live on LI...Commack...and saw them at a local card store. This store is known for stocking the lastest "fad"...My boys ds8 and ds10 haven't said anything yet and I am not tellin'.....not wasting more money...Anyone want a bag of webkinz (used no tags)....I have a bag of that fad waitin' for big bros big sis....at least rubber bands have a functional value LOL

rumrunnergirl
04-10-2010, 08:51 AM

DebMcDonald
04-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Just learned about these at dance class this morning, they are supposedly all the rage at this little girls school, and we had never even heard of them..:rotfl:

Now of course I'm sure my kids will want them.

MickeyMomOfThree
04-10-2010, 03:28 PM
So I was out and about today and passed by 2 Walgreens so I stopped in each. Neither had even heard of them let alone the Disney ones (the ones I was hoping for.) This may explain why my kids are the only ones with them (if they haven't made them here yet.) I got mine at Justice since I read about them on DIS and figured it was only a matter of time, so I threw them in their Easter Baskets. But I wanted the Disney ones. :lmao: No luck though.

dizneechic
04-10-2010, 03:58 PM
FYI AC Moore has them in this weeks AD, 4.99 so no special pricing but you can use coupons. :lmao: My ACMoore had a HUGE bin of them in the seasonal section that faces the registers.

As for Walgreens, where in the store should I look? This reminds me of them stocking ZhuZhu stuff with pet supplies. :rotfl2: I'm thinking these will either be in seasonal, toys, or office supplies. Anyone see them in there yet?

robinb
04-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I couldn't find any at our Walgreens either :headache:. We have a Learning Center in town and my DD is begging me to take her there.

sjms71
04-10-2010, 07:05 PM
FYI AC Moore has them in this weeks AD, 4.99 so no special pricing but you can use coupons. :lmao: My ACMoore had a HUGE bin of them in the seasonal section that faces the registers.

As for Walgreens, where in the store should I look? This reminds me of them stocking ZhuZhu stuff with pet supplies. :rotfl2: I'm thinking these will either be in seasonal, toys, or office supplies. Anyone see them in there yet?

Just came on to post same thing. :) We stopped at Walgreens today too cause we were told they were getting them in on Friday. My DD walked in the store and was looking where they usually keep them. The cashier asked if she was looking for the rubber band things, she said yes. He said well you are about the 50th person to come in today for them and we are not getting them until next week. Trying to decide if I want to run to AC moore tomorrow.

samshane
04-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Haven't heard at all about these... and I am not going to even try to ask the kids.

NYCDiane
04-10-2010, 08:54 PM
This trend just started in my DDs middle school --- boys and girls both are wearing them. My daughter made a point to tell me we HAVE TO get some tomorrow so she can wear them to school Monday. :lmao:

it's kelly
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
We live in Queens, NYC, and I haven't seen or heard anything about them yet. Guess they didn't make it across the river yet :)

Helen

I'm in Brookyln and have seen the girls (jr and highschool aged) wearing them.

stitch34
04-11-2010, 04:14 AM
My daughter first informed me of these about 2 months ago... saying hurry up and go to Five Below to get them because they were recalled or something?
Of course, never felt the need to get them.
Then while shopping in Justice they were just putting them out on the counter, so I picked up a pack for each girl about a month ago so I'd have them for Easter baskets.
Flash forward to last night... yep, all over looking for them. My youngest had a playdate and offered one of hers to her friend and friend's sister, they took all of them but one they left my daughter.

so.... almost $22 later for 4 packs - 2 packs for each of my two girls last night.... ugh? for rubberbands? Ridiculous. I said enjoy these, these are the last you are getting! And searched 3 stores till finally found the suckers!

My daughter said how some kids in school have an armful of them... funny, after she said that, went to walmart and yep, there we saw a little girl, wow, kid had these from her wrist up to her elbow! Can't imagine how much $$$ she had on her arm with these stupid things!

TnTWalter
04-11-2010, 06:06 AM
we live in Indiana. They're easy to get and fairly popular. Hallmarks and Party supply stores have the most selection here.

Kids love them. I love allowance...they can spend their money on the stuff...and the Easter bunny brought some.

:thumbsup2

disney_girl125
04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I was wondering what they were! I was in hallmark a couple weeks ago and saw them there. Of course after that I realized kids (mostly the elementary kids) were wearing them. I'm a school bus driver so I drive all ages. I asked my own kids if they have seen them and they haven't. But they go to a charter school where they have to wear uniforms. My bus run is for public schools, so that's probably why. I know the kids are wearing them, but if there are disney ones, i'll probably have to get some for myself :) lol..

disney_girl125
04-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Ok after I posted I did some googling myself for the disney bands. I found a site called www.logobandz.com According to them they'll be releasing some disney ones but they don't have a release date yet. They are cute though. But then again, I usually do like anything disney.

Good Ol Gal
04-29-2010, 03:19 PM
I got what must be the generic form of these at Factory Card outlet.

$1.99 a pack and BOGO

they had farm, zoo and sea packs.

Schachteles
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Ok after I posted I did some googling myself for the disney bands. I found a site called www.logobandz.com According to them they'll be releasing some disney ones but they don't have a release date yet. They are cute though. But then again, I usually do like anything disney.

I am not seeing them on the site. I know my DDs would love Disney ones!

pennydlane72
04-29-2010, 04:25 PM
www.brainchildproducts.com they have many different ones to chose from and they are reasonable! These are sillybandz!

sjms71
04-29-2010, 06:43 PM
www.brainchildproducts.com they have many different ones to chose from and they are reasonable! These are sillybandz!

I just ordered from them the shipping wasn't bad either. My kids wanted ones we just can't find in the store so decided to order them. We will see how long they take to get here.

CarolAnnB
04-29-2010, 11:01 PM
I just ordered from them the shipping wasn't bad either. My kids wanted ones we just can't find in the store so decided to order them. We will see how long they take to get here.

I ordered them 4/15, we went away for a few days and had our mail held, but they were there on 4/22 when we got back so it took a week. I figured the shipping was less than driving to 20 stores looking for the things!

MickeyMomOfThree
06-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I posted this on another thread too but...

Anyone have any Ariel ones to trade? I have ordered a bunch for my girls but DD8 LOVES Ariel and those wern't going to ship till mid July and hold up my whole order so I didn't order them. I'd like a Jasmine too but one or two Ariels is all I need out of the whole package. I ordered Mickey and friends, the other princesses, Tink and Toy Story I could trade. I'd love to save my girls some money on buying another whole pack for $8 when all they really want is at least one Ariel and hopefully a Jasmine. Let me know, they are not for sale, just for trade. (They would consider other rare, non Disney for Disney trades too if you have some. They really only wanted one of each, didn't need 5 of each.)

Schachteles
06-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I posted this on another thread too but...

Anyone have any Ariel ones to trade? I have ordered a bunch for my girls but DD8 LOVES Ariel and those wern't going to ship till mid July and hold up my whole order so I didn't order them. I'd like a Jasmine too but one or two Ariels is all I need out of the whole package. I ordered Mickey and friends, the other princesses, Tink and Toy Story I could trade. I'd love to save my girls some money on buying another whole pack for $8 when all they really want is at least one Ariel and hopefully a Jasmine. Let me know, they are not for sale, just for trade. (They would consider other rare, non Disney for Disney trades too if you have some. They really only wanted one of each, didn't need 5 of each.)

Where did you find Disney ones??

MickeyMomOfThree
06-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Where did you find Disney ones??

I caved like a big fool and ordered them off Amazon and eBay. The only ones I did not order yet were the Princess pack 2 which is the ones with Ariel, Jasmine, Snow White (who is in both) and Tiana because they wern't going to be shipped till later and were going to hold up their order. Then I was going to order for them off eBay but held off to see if anyone would want to trade since we don't need so many of each.

Schachteles
06-07-2010, 11:29 AM
I caved like a big fool and ordered them off Amazon and eBay. The only ones I did not order yet were the Princess pack 2 which is the ones with Ariel, Jasmine, Snow White (who is in both) and Tiana because they wern't going to be shipped till later and were going to hold up their order. Then I was going to order for them off eBay but held off to see if anyone would want to trade since we don't need so many of each.

HMMM, interesting, my DDs just aren't that into them for me to justify the price they are charging.

MickeyMomOfThree
06-07-2010, 12:01 PM
HMMM, interesting, my DDs just aren't that into them for me to justify the price they are charging.

Youj are lucky, so far anyway. I got them each a small pack in their Easter Baskets after reading about them here. I thought they were cute. They did too but it wasn't crazy then. For DD11's b-day treat at school a couple weeks ago she wanted to hand out those instead of pencils so I got them. THEN it started. A few moms called me to find where they could get them. In the last 2 weeks since it has gone from nothing to crazy! I only bought the first for Easter and a couple packs for her b-day the rest they have bought but I myself couldn't resist the Disney ones either.

They together though have saved one of each and framed them in cheap Dollar Frames. Black with white background paper. They look so cool, very fun. They have them hanging in their room, so they got me into it now. They have a frame here waiting for the Disney ones to arrive and I really want DD8 to have her Ariel but at the same time they don't need or want 5 of each. KWIM?