PDA

View Full Version : Running App for the itouch

tchrrx
04-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I want to do something like the Couch to 5K, but can only find things for the iphone. Is there anything for the itouch?

mom0299
04-08-2010, 10:47 PM
There's a C25K podcast in iTunes. It works with my iPod classic so I'm sure it will work on the Touch as well. And it's free!

crewmatt
04-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Yea a lot of the running apps for the iphone involve the build in GPS.

tchrrx
04-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks anyways. I am just going to write down the steps of the couch to 5K and try to follow it on the treadmill. It means I have to watch the timer carefully, but that's ok.

solar
04-10-2010, 11:18 AM
there is a c25k app...put c25k in the search and it will show you a couple of options...

I also found an app called something like ultra timer, and you can set it for intervals...it makes a sound/changes color at set times (you choose and can set many timers) - i like this behind music

example: run when it turns green (with a sound alert of your choosing)
and then walk when it turns red (with a different alert sound of your choosing)

i'm no longer doing the c25k, graduated, but because i do long runs - i still prefer intervals in my running...this works perfectly..i set it to start then choose a playlist to play over it...you can hear your music and the sounds will play behind it

kristilew
04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
try the Chubby Jones podcast - she is fun and has great music, and gets you from Couch to 5K and beyond.

Or, I second the C25K app - I used that one on the treadmill and Chubby when I ran outside.

ElizabethG
05-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Have you looked at the Nike+? My DH is obsessed with it. It works on nano, touch, and iphone. It has a separate GPS tracker that you use with your ipod device. Apple partnered with Nike, so it tells you to buy the special Nike+ shoes. The shoes have a special "pocket" for the device. My DH has the shoes, but you could do without them. The system is pretty cool, though.

"As you run, your iPod or iPhone 3GS tells you your time, distance, pace, and calories burned. And it gives you feedback at the halfway point and in the final lead-up to your goal. You can also see the details of your workout on your iPod or iPhone 3GS."

For details: http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/