PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid CC Question

GOOFY4DONALD
04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
For the past 2 trips I was able to add flights to our WDW vacation package. Flights out of Montana are very expensive and Disney was usually a few dollars cheaper than I could find anywhere else. They just added it on and I paid every week. This year it looks like I am going to have to book my own airfare and pay separately. (I have flown to other places besides Disney and paid for airfare but it was not nearly as expensive as flying 5 people from MT to WDW). Now I am not using CCs at all for this trip. DH and I only have one for emergencies and we are not the best at paying them off at the end of the month (that is why we rarely use them). We do use our debit card and that was what I was planning on using to buy airfare but I was thinking I may look into the prepaid cards. I see that they are reloadable therefore I can put some on it each week. I see my local Smith's (Kroger) had a huge display for them. Are the prepaid cards reliable? How much of a balance can you have on them? I am needing about 2500.00 to pay for airfare.
Thanks so much for any replies.

GOOFY4DONALD
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
anyone? Thanks

Nayan
04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
I have used them in the past for online purchases, but they can end up being very costly. There's usually a fee to put money on the card (last time I did it it was 4.95) plus there's maintenance fees. Here's a link to a story about them and how they are really not good deals:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/06/your-money/06prepay.html?_r=1

Nevergrow'nup
04-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I was able to buy my airplane ticket thru paypal. My paypal is linked to my Checking account and never used a credit card. Might help