PDA

View Full Version : Some "strange" Disney music I like--

Uncleromulus
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Well--not "strange" maybe, but not mainstream.
'"Once Upon a Wintertime" (from Melody Time) is one of my favorite Disney songs. Along with "Bout Time" from The Original Family Band. And of course "Whale of a Tale" from 20,000 Leagues. Also found on the album Kirk Douglas' Greatest Hits:)

hichewlova
04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Kirk Douglas has a greatest hits album - am I not a true Disney fan for not knowing that?!?

Thanks for the recommendations :)

MickeyMirth
04-08-2010, 12:09 PM
I love " The Spectrum Song ". I think it's performed by Ludwig Von Drake. I remember first hearing it on the Wonderful World of Color and I'm happy that it's on my Disney Classics set. DD used to think I was so cool because I knew all the words. It gets played everytime we are heading to WDW.

Micca
04-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Some of the "oddities" I enjoy: The Boys of the Western Sea", "Westward Ho The Wagons" and the Cookie Lady song from Three Cablleros.:earsboy:

Uncleromulus
04-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I remember Westward HoThe Wagons--pretty good song at that!!

Micca
04-10-2010, 12:33 PM
All 3 of those I mentioned are on my ipod. I'm pretty sure I got them all through iTunes which is pretty remarkable.

I always liked Whale of A Tale too. Imagine my surprise when my DDs school chorus performed that when they were in second or third grade(many years ago). Some of the more graphic verses were eliminated.:earsboy:

Ron from Michigan
04-14-2010, 04:37 AM
I love all of the Disney music. One of the songs that I really like is Follow me Boys from the movie of the same name. Whenever I watch it I go around humming that tune for days afterword.

GoofySon'sMom
04-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Not sure if this classifies as strange but I just got "Beauty and the Beat - Favorite Disney tunes in Steelband Style" and love it! While DH and DS do like Disney music, they don't want to listen to it as often as I do but last night we all happily listened to the whole CD while eating dinner. Cool to hear some favorite songs played in a different way! :goodvibes

Fantasmic23
04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure if this qualifies either, but I've always loved the "Jimmy Bean" song from Pollyanna.

hulagirl87
04-15-2010, 12:49 PM
I love the song "Femininity" from Summer Magic!!! also "Are we Dancing" from The Happiest Millionaire :goodvibes