PDA

View Full Version : I GOT IT!!! Kingdom Keepers III

hsembrick
04-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Around 1 today I realized that today was the day!! Headed to Hastings and picked up the ONE and ONLY copy that my store had recieved!!!! The lady told me that she didn't know why they only order one copy! Did anyone else pick up there copy today!

tigger813
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
DH got it for me for Easter! It arrived from Amazon yesterday! I hope to start reading it next week! I'm doing a book group at DD1s school so I have to finish that book first! I like how it had info about the online game! We're hoping to try that out Friday night!

tyzzle
04-09-2010, 08:51 PM
I just got mine it the mail today from amazon. I am leaving for WDW on Thursday and I want to save it for the plane ride, and a couple of DD2's naps, but I don't know if I can wait.

MNTwinsMom
04-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Can I ask how old your kids were when they started reading the Kingdom Keepers books? I thought my DS7 would enjoy them, but when I read the back to him he said he was confused already and wasn't interested. :) He LOVES all things regarding Disney World, but said he just didn't think he'd "get" the book. An employee at Borders told me they're more for 10-12 year olds, more along the lines of Harry Potter as far as reading level. What do you think?

tyzzle
04-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't have any older children (just a 2 year old), but was a HS English teacher. I agree with the bookstore employee. I would say that your once your child starts "noticing" the opposite sex, they will be ready for this book. In addition to the fantasy and adventure they are also "coming of age" books.

MNTwinsMom
04-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't have any older children (just a 2 year old), but was a HS English teacher. I agree with the bookstore employee. I would say that your once your child starts "noticing" the opposite sex, they will be ready for this book. In addition to the fantasy and adventure they are also "coming of age" books.

Thanks for the reply. I usually read the books first myself, but it's nice to know what the appropriate age is. We'll keep them on the list for when he's older. I appreciate your response.

Hollywoodhaha
04-11-2010, 10:25 AM
:scared1: I did not realize that it was out!
I need to rush out and buy it!

LittleMissMusical
04-11-2010, 03:17 PM
got mine for easter as well. i leave in less than two weeks for WDW so i am saving it for the flight and for some poolside enjoyment!!!!! i looooooooved the past two and ghad a countdown going till the release!

xApril
04-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Finished the book last night! It was great. Can't wait for another. :)

comicguy
04-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I am a little less than half way through the book right now. It just keeps getting better and better!!

doclegler
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Can I ask how old your kids were when they started reading the Kingdom Keepers books? I thought my DS7 would enjoy them, but when I read the back to him he said he was confused already and wasn't interested. :) He LOVES all things regarding Disney World, but said he just didn't think he'd "get" the book. An employee at Borders told me they're more for 10-12 year olds, more along the lines of Harry Potter as far as reading level. What do you think?
My son was 9 when he started them, but I really think 8 might even be ok. He loves the fact that he knows everything about the locations and constantly asks me park questions while reading. He's loving #2 now...almost finished!

Ericadawn
04-16-2010, 02:21 AM
They had a signing at EPCOT for the third book last Wednesday with Ridley Pearson there and everything.

pixeemom
04-17-2010, 05:08 PM
My son was 9 when he started them, but I really think 8 might even be ok. He loves the fact that he knows everything about the locations and constantly asks me park questions while reading. He's loving #2 now...almost finished!

I never even heard of the books till I saw on the Disney Channel the 3rd book coming out so i am way behind, i just put in a request at my library for it.
i was curious about the on line game but i can't seem to find it, i typed in kingdomkeepers.com and nothing is coming up.

can anyone help?

hsembrick
04-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Try thekingdomkeepers.com that should work

pixeemom
04-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Try thekingdomkeepers.com that should work

terrific, it works, thank you, i was leaving out the THE....
thank you!!!!

MNTwinsMom
04-17-2010, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the first one and will read it first to see if it'll work for my son now or if we'll wait for awhile. Judging from this thread's responses I have a feeling I'll love it too!

comicguy
04-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Just finished the 3rd book last night. Great story!! Now I have to wait for book 4 to come out.

According to Ridely Pearson it will be a 6 book series with the last 2 taking place in Disneyland and not WDW.

BernardandMissBianca
04-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Got it last week, DS13 actually found it for me by accident.

I'm going to re-read the other 2 first though, it's been a while and book 2 is sketchy in my brain.

tigger813
04-18-2010, 03:44 PM
DD1 is reading KK 1 right now and I'm on chapter 5 of KK 3. I'm going to try and read several chapters tonight. DD1 is loving it! I wish I had reread the end of KK2 first as KK3 kind of jumped right into where 2 left off, at least that's what it felt like to me. Both DD1 and I are going to spend a lot of time reading this week. I have several other books I want to read so I want to spend some quality time with my book! Going to listen to the podcast with Ridley Pearson sometime this week.

GetGlowing
04-19-2010, 01:09 AM
I'd never even heard of them until my hubby mentioned them tonight. Enjoyable for adults?

elemusing
04-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Yes, the books are very enjoyable for adults! I just finished the new one a few minutes ago. I read it, then pass it to DH and then poor DS11 gets it last. ha!

I wish they would make some movies out of them!! Maybe some day. . .

BernardandMissBianca
04-21-2010, 10:52 PM
I'd never even heard of them until my hubby mentioned them tonight. Enjoyable for adults?

very enjoyable for adults. I love them!

BernardandMissBianca
04-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Yes, the books are very enjoyable for adults! I just finished the new one a few minutes ago. I read it, then pass it to DH and then poor DS11 gets it last. ha!

I wish they would make some movies out of them!! Maybe some day. . .

movies would be cool, but what would be cooler is if Disney could figure out how to incorporate the stories into the parks. Similar to the Family Magic Tour. I think it would peak the interest of the tweens/teens.

kingdom=home
04-22-2010, 06:32 PM
They had a signing at EPCOT for the third book last Wednesday with Ridley Pearson there and everything.

I know he was there!! I was there 1 day before and missed him, i knew he was going to be there but i had school so i couldnt stay :sad: im a huge fan of all his books and was soo sad, i had also missed him another time, by about 5 days when peter and the sowrd of mercy was coming out :sad:

Finished the book a good while ago and loved it, especially the way it ended with Finn and Amanda (human yo yo) :goodvibe

Loved the whole traitor thing, very intresting!!

What r ur fav characters and couples in the book??
My fav character is Charlene (willa a little too) and fav couple is the Willa-Philby-Maybeck triangle (sad that wasnt talked about much in kk3)

Does anyone else think this book should become a movie, i would LOVE :love: to be in that movie!!!! It would be amazing!!!:lovestruc

pixeemom
04-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Well i just got the call from my library that book 1 is in, so i am going to pick it up tomorrow, i just hope now i can find the time to read it :headache:

tigger813
05-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Just finished KK3 this afternoon. I then handed it off to DD1 who is in the middle of book 2 right now! Loved it and now I have to try and be patient for book 4! I read it will be out in April 2011 and there will be at least 5 books. Got that from his website!

Definitely left me hanging for book 4!

pixeemom
05-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Just finished KK3 this afternoon. I then handed it off to DD1 who is in the middle of book 2 right now! Loved it and now I have to try and be patient for book 4! I read it will be out in April 2011 and there will be at least 5 books. Got that from his website!

Definitely left me hanging for book 4!

i finally got book 1 from the library a few weeks ago, and DD is reading it but slowly and its due back the 21st
i don't think i'll have the time to read it, so i might need to reborrow it

idieh
05-13-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm just finishing book III now and I am really enjoying it! DW is in the middle of book II and DS has just started the first book! :cool1: I really hope he gets into it. He's 11, and at the age where its hard to predict what he will like and what he won't. I'd love for him to become a KK fan like Mom & Dad! :hug:

As far as a movie goes...I think it would ge great! The technology is available to really do a good job with it.

Doug

jfstorm2001
05-15-2010, 10:06 AM
it's a fantastic series for kids and adults alike, although adults have to adjust to the juvenile writing style at first. Info. I gleaned from the book signing @DTD the week after Easter: 1st: Ridley is a cool guy! My son was like 5th in line, got both the new book and a "Peter" book signed, and got filmed for TV that night with him. Thus he got a bit more time to ask him Q's while they were taping. Next book will be on the Cruise line, then book 5 will be a VERY special book as it will be an interactive experience. The film options are out there, nothing set in stone yet though. It will happen, but the question is whether it will be as a "real" movie or a Disney Channel style TV movie. Keep buying the series and going to the website to play the online game! The better the #'s the better the chance of a movie with the special effects budget it deserves!
For those of you jonesing for the fourth book; In the meantime try out Peter and the Starcatchers series. It is in the same vein; Dave Barry co-wrote so there is a lot more humor for kids and adults alike.

BernardandMissBianca
05-15-2010, 08:23 PM
just started KK3 today. I'm glad I re-read 1 and 2, I forgot 1/2 the stuff in 1 and just about all of 2. LOL

I need to pace myself though. we have a 7 hour bus ride to DC on Wednesday and I need something to read.

Crazy4Disney72
05-22-2010, 09:45 PM
I LOVE these books! I pre-ordered KK3 from Amazon so we had it the day after it came out. I read it first, then my 16yr old DS, now my DD is reading it. We loved all 3 books, can't wait for the next one!!

Hallowishes
05-25-2010, 05:01 PM
the book is terrific! i just finished reading it today ... no spoilers here but it sets things up nicely for another book now doesnt it?! :wizard:

arjones31
06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Read all of KKIII in less than 24 hours! I must say I love this series; being able to picture in my head all the places the Keepers are going is awesome! I really hope this becomes a real movie and not a Disney channel special.

pixeemom
06-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Read all of KKIII in less than 24 hours! I must say I love this series; being able to picture in my head all the places the Keepers are going is awesome! I really hope this becomes a real movie and not a Disney channel special.

i still have yet to start the 1st book, my DD8 read it and liked it alot, then i had to bring it back to the library, but i just might buy them so this way when ever i do get a chance to sit and read them i have them.

hallie615
06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Just curious, I love Disney as much as i love to read. I was wondering if Kingdom Keepers is good for someone without kids???:surfweb:

aladams2
06-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Just curious, I love Disney as much as i love to read. I was wondering if Kingdom Keepers is good for someone without kids???:surfweb:

Yes! It doesn't make any difference if you have kids or not. It is an amazing series and am telling all my friends about it. I'm on the second one and will start the 3rd shortly!!:lovestruc