PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay

dnlsmith
04-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi, I have been to DisneyWorld lately but not Disneyland in quite a few years.

I would like to get some advise on where to stay off property. I want the nicest place that is close by.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.:flower3:

KCmike
04-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Most will say HOJO on this board which I agree with but Fairfield INN is just as good and a little closer. HOJO will sometimes have better rates. I think they even have a discount if you say your on the disboards.

mrswh
04-04-2010, 10:51 PM
We love the Hyatt Orange County. I have done quite a bit of research on the good neighbor hotels and it is definitely the most upscale. They just finished a $25 million renovation and it is nicer than ever. It is about 2 miles south of DLR on Harbor so you wouldn't really want to walk to DLR but they have a free shuttle that runs very reliably every 30 minutes. Close to Target and about a zillion restaurants. The best part is the full service Starbucks in the lobby!

Have a great trip! :)

Dobie
04-05-2010, 12:03 AM
If you are a Disneyworlder and are used to buses, you might like the Sheraton Anaheim. It is not really walking distance, but it has its own very reliable shuttle. The hotel is very nice, with a lovely pool area. You can see the fireworks from some rooms and from the parking lot.

nana50
04-05-2010, 12:05 AM
I love the Sheraton anaheim. I just stayed there for $129.00 and it was really nice, great quality, and the dedcated shuttle was very quick. My granddaughter loved it. I'd stay there over the Hojo anyday.

dnlsmith
04-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Thank you, I will check these out.:thumbsup2

Does anyone know why alot of people love HOJO so much? Is it price, customer service, location? :)

I want nice, clean, spacious, updated, comfortable rooms with a frig & microcave. I want a nice pool and good shuttle service and no further than a mile or so away.:yay:

Keurigirl
04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Well my suggestion is more than a mile away, but less than a 10 minute shuttle ride to the park. We LOVE the Embassy Suites Anaheim South. (Not the north). It is awesome, clean, newly updated rooms with cotton sheets and duvets, and has a huge wonderful free breakfast in the mornings.

I am REALLY picky about hotel rooms (my husband says I'm high maintenance) and we stay at this one twice a year. I'm usually a Westin, Ritz-Carlton kind of girl, and we love this hotel.

Kayla's Mom
04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know why alot of people love HOJO so much? Is it price, customer service, location? :)

All of the above! :thumbsup2 If you can get the entertainment rate, you can't beat it, IMO. :goodvibes

Building 2 is our favorite - the deluxe rooms are there, which come with fridge and micro. The rooms are very clean and the staff is great.

DisneyMomma81
04-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Thank you, I will check these out.:thumbsup2

I want nice, clean, spacious, updated, comfortable rooms with a frig & microcave. I want a nice pool and good shuttle service and no further than a mile or so away.:yay:

All of the above for HoJo ~ I am a bit spoiled though, probably wouldn't stay there without the ent rate. My requirements for a DLR hotel ~ clean, safe and within walking distance, the lower the cost the better.

Mary Jo
04-07-2010, 01:03 PM
My top preferences (in no particular order)

Anaheim Sheraton/superior hotel (dedicated shuttle) has large rooms, beautiful landscaping, great service, nice-sized pool

Howard Johnson/moderate has a separate pool and water play area, so it's great for families. Has indoor corridors, and is within walking distance from DL. There are several restaurants within walking distance for families who don't want to eat at the parks; great customer service (really don't need a shuttle - I've walked from here several times, even after a day at DL)

Ramada Inn Maingate/economy has pretty decent rooms, onsite food court, nice sized pool, and within walking distance (don't need a shuttle)

Residence Inn Maingate/suites - I like the setup here, have hot breakfasts, nice pool, nice place to eat, situated across from Gardenwalk; can take the ART shuttle, or walk if you are in shape (many families just walk)

dnlsmith
04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE= If you can get the entertainment rate, you can't beat it, IMO. :goodvibes
How do I get the entertainment rate?:confused3

Pollito916
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
We are staying at the Camelot next month, b/c we wanted a suite with separate bedroom, $181/night on their website. It is walking distance, across the street from the entrance. Will let you know how it was when we get back!

DisneyMomma81
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
How do I get the entertainment rate?:confused3

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14

CrazyDuck
04-07-2010, 01:58 PM
The Island Hotel in Newport Beach: http://www.theislandhotel.com/

It is 25 minutes away by car, so that pretty close. It is the nearest 5 Diamond hotel so it is the "nicest".