View Full Version : I just read a great review of BWV and now I need help..should I cancel my waitlist?

03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I just read a great review of how nice BWV are...we are staying there in June with our two little ones, but we are waitlisted for BCV...should I cancel that waitlist or keep it? Which one is your fav and why?

03-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Did you get the standard, preferred, or boardwalk view?

Will you be happy with a great pool, or must you have the super fantabulous pool of pools?

Are your children old enough for you to trust them in the pool by themselves? I've read that its easy to get separated from your kids at the Beach Club pool.

We love BWV, but are not pool people. My nephews enjoyed the pool slide at BWV, but that was before they found out about SAB. We'll see which one they prefer in July.

I think the restaurants are a little better at Y&BC, but you are close enough that it really doesn't matter. You have movies on the beach and boat rentals, but have jugglers, carnival games, surrey bikes, and putt putt on the boardwalk side.

Good luck!

03-23-2010, 05:29 AM
We like both places but prefer BCV. When my kids were your kid's ages they loved the zero entry pool there and keeping track of them was very easy (not that it's hard to do that at BWV). I wouldn't cancel the waitlist but I'm sure you won't be disappointed either way.

Anal Annie
03-23-2010, 08:08 AM
We haven't stayed at BWV (yet) - it was our 2nd choice for last summer behind BCV. We really wanted to have SAB for our summer trip 'cuz we knew we wanted to be sure to have some quality down time at the pool. We'll try BWV on one of our less seasonal trips. When I called to get our ressie we ended up having to book BWV but I waitlisted BCV and it came thru. We would've been happy to have tried BWV but really wanted to have SAB and we lucked out and got it.

03-23-2010, 08:25 AM
We stayed at BCV in December... rooms were updated with flat screen TV's, Ihome, etc. You can't go wrong at either place.

Have fun!

03-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Since you have many years of trips to try both, why not keep what you have this time and do BCV next trip?:confused3

03-23-2010, 03:40 PM
We are in the same position - booked at BWV, waitlisted for BCV, and wondering what to do for the best. In the end we've decided to keep the waitlist and leave in to fate. If the wait list doesn't come through, then we're obviously meant to stay at BWV this trip!