PDA

View Full Version : I *think* I have my final dining plan

Andrea73
03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
After deciding to change from Nov to May last Wed, booking my trip and getting ADR's, changing them, rinsing and repeating, I think I have my final plan. :surfweb: We are doing the regular DDP using the Visa deal where the kids DDP is free.

I e-mailed DH and asked if he wanted to take off a day early and get to WDW late (midnight) on Thursday instead of driving on Thursday and getting there around 3pm. "If" he does, I will try to add 50's Prime Time for Thursday afternoon, but I have no intention of touching the other ADR's. :banana:

Friday May 28: HDD 5:00PM (cat 1- OOP)

Sat May 29: Tusker House Breakfast 10:00AM
Boma 5:05PM

Sunday May 30: Crystal Palace Breakfast 10:25AM (OOP)

Monday May 31: Princess Breakfast @ Akershus 10:50AM
Teppan Edp 5:10PM (cancelled)
Changed to Les Chefs de France 5:00 pm in hopes of seeing Remy.

Tuesday June 1: Cape May Clam Bake 5:00PM

Wednesday June 2: Ohana's 5:10PM

Thursday June 3: Cinderellas Royal Table 6:50PM

Whew!!

__disneygirl
03-22-2010, 12:43 PM
You have some great ADRs! :) The only one i'm not crazy about is Teppan Edo... never been there myself but heard a lot of mixed reviews.

mb_uh
03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Looks good. We are doing 7 days, 5 on deluxe with about 18 ADRS that I that I have cancaled and rearranged at least 4 times :rotfl2: so I understand your pain.

Andrea73
03-22-2010, 12:54 PM
You have some great ADRs! :) The only one i'm not crazy about is Teppan Edo... never been there myself but heard a lot of mixed reviews.

I wanted Le Cellier for Epcot dinner but fat chance of getting that 8 weeks out. But I think the kids will have more fun at Teppan Edo, they have never been to that type of restaurant before.

I have not seen any bad reviews for it yet....now I am going to be off looking. If you make me rinse and repeat again.....!!!

deebits
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
We love Teppan Edo. It is one of our favorite restaurants

mi*vida*loca
03-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Great restaurants!!!

We've never done Teppan Edo because we have a Benihana's hear and go every now and then. I just took my kids for the first time two weeks ago and they loved it. They keep asking to go back so I'm sure yours would like Teppan Edo.

Andrea73
03-22-2010, 04:42 PM
When I took a long look at the menu, I realized that while my kids will love the entertainment, they will probably not like the food at Teppan Edo. They really don't eat Asian food or noodles. So I rinsed and repeated and did Les Chefs de France since the kids menu has as burger and grilled fish. Plus Remy may be there.

I wanted to add that I have not actually cancelled the Teppan Edo yet so if you think I have lost my mind, please let me know!!

catne
03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I think your choices look good. Only question would be how many nights are your going to be there. I see 7 nights on your schedule (Friday-Thurs.) but I see 8 credits :confused3

Friday May 28: HDD 5:00PM (cat 1- OOP)

Sat May 29: Tusker House Breakfast 10:00AM 1

Boma 5:05PM 2

Sunday May 30: Crystal Palace Breakfast 10:25AM (OOP)

Monday May 31: Princess Breakfast @ Akershus 10:50AM 3

Teppan Edp 5:10PM (cancelled)

Changed to Les Chefs de France 5:00 pm in hopes of seeing Remy. 4

Tuesday June 1: Cape May Clam Bake 5:00PM 5

Wednesday June 2: Ohana's 5:10PM 6

Thursday June 3: Cinderellas Royal Table 6:50PM 7 & 8 (2 credit meal)

Andrea73
03-22-2010, 05:45 PM
We will be there for 8 nights. We arrive on Thursday so will be there Thursday night, but I did not schedule any ADR's because I don't know what time we will get there and did not want the stress of trying to get there on time for an ADR. . On the last day we spend the night and leave early in the morning on June 4. If I get DH to take one more day off so we can leave when DD gets home on the last day of school instead of the next morning, we will be up to 9 nights and will have a whole day at DHS instead of a late afternoon. We are about an 8-9 hour drive from WDW.

__disneygirl
03-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree Chefs de France is a better choice ;)

Andrea73
03-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Thanks!! DH agreed on leaving a day early which gives us an additional park day and an additional credit. I added 50's prime (oop-lunch) and 1900 Park for dinner to my schedule for Thursday 5/27! :banana:

blanq
03-23-2010, 09:19 AM
I agree that Chefs de France is a great option, especially considering almost all your other meals are buffets and you are heavy on breakfasts. I personally could not handle so many buffets and do not think using the DDP for breakfast buffets is a good value on the DDP, but that is a personal decision and you seem happy with your choices (which is what counts!)

Andrea73
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I actually intentionally went heavy on the buffets. My kids will not eat mac & cheese and are not that into chicken nuggets & hot dogs. They love things like fresh fruit, salmon and crab legs. I think they will love Cape May for the crab legs and love anyplace where they are not stuck with mac& cheese and nuggets. They would have a fit after about 3 days eating off the kids menus at most places. Picking CS places is going to be interesting because it seems like they are even worse about the mac& cheese thing.

At least with the buffets, they can eat off the adult side and have some variety.