PDA

View Full Version : Buffet choices help please

maj42169
03-21-2010, 06:34 PM
We are trying to plan ADRs for our trip in September. We are wanting to do all buffets with the exception of 50's Prime Time because my daughter doesn't like the choices they give for the children's TS dining choices. I am looking for some good suggestions! We already plan on Chef Mickey's for dinner. It doesn't have to be a character meal. All suggestions (and reviews) are welcome! Thanks :wizard:

disneydee6
03-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I absolutely suggest The Beach Club resort's Cape May Cafe for a buffet dinner. There are choices for kids there (that some adults take advantage of lol) and the seafood is really delicious. Between the different salads, the 'american' side ribs, and the 'seafood' side clams and mussels, the restaurant is a real treat. The desserts are really cool (oreo bon bons are out of this world). I've gone with my family (youngest being 15) for most of our trips, and what we like alot about this restaurant is the atmosphere. It's quiet and pretty, which you don't see very often at buffets. Good luck and enjoy your trip to disney! Check out allears,net to see the menus too.

916chipndale
03-21-2010, 07:19 PM
i would try crystal palace for dinner or breakfast both are good cape may cafe for dinner chef mickeys for breakfast you might also wana try family style meals disney has alot of good family style meals, liberty tree tavern is good never been to ohanas for dinner but ive heard its good hope i helped

dina7
03-21-2010, 07:21 PM
We have done a good # of buffets in the past & tried Chef Mickey's for the 1st time last August...it was horrible compared to the other buffets we have eaten at. Not a good variety of food & just not good overall. The breakfast at CM's is great though. There are much better buffets to try & one that has characters & a much better quality of food is Crystal Palace in MK with Pooh & Friends. CP has a lunch buffet that is similar to the dinner too. We also tried Boma at AKL for the 1st time & loved it. Especially that you say you will be eating at all buffets w/ the exception of one TS, Boma is a great choice. It has some more unusual offerings at the buffet, but also enough "regular" food that kept my picky eaters happy too. They also have great soups. Enjoy!

The Tabasco Kid
03-21-2010, 08:01 PM
+1 to Dina's answer.

Chef Mickey was really disappointing and Boma rock so long as you like the African influence on the items. Crystal Palace is always reliable spread, with something for everyone. The one that we really did not like was Cape May.

jdisnut
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
I generally don't like buffets, but Boma is an exception. The food is fabulous for both meals, and it is one of my favorite restaurants on property. I particularly recommend dinner, so you can try the mouthwatering soup selections. I can make an entire meal by trying a small bowl each one.

Also, add me to the list of people disappointed by Chef Mickey's. Even by character buffet standards, which admittedly are fairly low, Chef Mickey's is underwhelming. If you want a character meal, trying Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. It is quite tasty.

topmonkeygirl
03-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Tuskar and Crystal Palace are the only 2 I've been to and they were great. Both were for breakfast, I'm not a big dinner buffet fan so I haven't tried any of those yet.

TinkerbellinLouisian
03-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I have done Cape May Dinner Buffet 3x and H&V at DHS 4+x...

They are both similar albeit... Cape May has the seafood buffet... (H&V Did have the peel-your-own-shrimp but not the mussels, clams, and now snow crab legs)...

Other difference was that Cape May has a yummy dessert buffet, H&V has a "Make Your Own Sundae" buffet.

Both have "Kids" buffet...carving station, ribs, and GREAT salad buffets...

I don't recommend either as a destination dining experience...however at the time were were staying at BC...hence Cape May...
and were doing F! dining pkg....hence H&V...

Hugs,
Mary

AirGoofy
03-21-2010, 09:20 PM
One that has not been mentioned is Trails End at Fort Wilderness. It is a very good and cheap buffet.

Rylee
03-21-2010, 09:24 PM
We're not crazy about buffets, but my family has enjoyed -

Chef Mickey's - breakfast
Crystal Palace - breakfast/dinner
1900 Park Fare - breakfast, Cinderella's Royal Gala - dinner
Boma - dinner
Cay May - dinner
The character meal @ AK, (can't think of the name.)

angdbinkc
03-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Both Crystal Palace and Tusker House breakfasts are awesome!! We have only been to buffets for breakfast, so I apologize I do not have any other reviews for lunch/dinner. :)

Cosmo.Kramer
03-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I just did Crystal Palace a couple of weeks back and have to say it was pretty disappointing. We did it because our daughter loves Pooh. We actually had a better time at Cape May's and Ohana's.

We also did Boma last year and absolutely loved it. We did it for our 1 year wedding anniversary and we were given a plate with small desserts as a present. I loved the coconut salmon!

palmettogirl07
03-21-2010, 10:21 PM
We loved Cape May Cafe Breakfast it's an amazing breakfast buffet. We didn't like the Cinderella's gala feast at the 1900 park fare at all. But that was just our experience. One great buffet place, again, is the hollywood & vine at DHS. We went there for breakfast and it was so good. (But IMO any place that has good mickey waffles and fruit is good lol). My parents went to the Princess breakfast at Norway and they said it was okay, not the greatest place. My family loved the Crystal Palace buffet. If she likes fried chicken, ribs, salads, ect.. the Hoop Dee Doo is all you care to eat family style food. That is also my family's favorite :) (hehe mine especially!)

BurghFan111
03-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Boma is great. Might be my favorite place to eat buffet or not.:thumbsup2

PixieNorth
03-21-2010, 10:44 PM
We'll be going with family and I'm interested in the Family Style Meals. From what I've read on this thread they're at Ohana, Liberty Tree Tavern and Hoop Dee Doo. Are there any others that you know of? Do they refill the platters in an all-you-can-eat style or is it just one platter and that's it?

maj42169
03-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the responses.

TinkerbellinLouisian
03-24-2010, 09:59 PM
We'll be going with family and I'm interested in the Family Style Meals. From what I've read on this thread they're at Ohana, Liberty Tree Tavern and Hoop Dee Doo. Are there any others that you know of? Do they refill the platters in an all-you-can-eat style or is it just one platter and that's it?

We've done Family Style Dining at "Ohana Breakfast 4X ....and I LOVE it...:love:

They bring an initial offering with all selections...then they re-fill it based on what your family is eating... You can always ask for "more of this...more of that"..... It's MOST EXCELLENT! :woohoo:

LOVE 'Ohana's!

Mary