PDA

View Full Version : Are there Disney movies you DON'T like? Classics, even?

JennyMP03
03-21-2010, 12:51 AM
I feel like this is a deep, dark secret. I love Disney, you understand, but I do not like these two movies, which are considered classics:

Pinocchio and Dumbo.

Whew, feels good to get that off my chest! I like Dumbo as a character, but not as a movie. I can't put my finger on why I dislike it.

However, I must say, I just hate Pinocchio all around. I don't like the story, the animation, or the characters (except Jiminy, maybe). I like "When You Wish Upon a Star" but rarely associate it with the movie so much as with Disney as a whole (unfair, perhaps, I realize). I feel like such a jerk for it, but I just can't stand this movie. And Monstro scared me as a kid. Okay, okay, he still scares me now! :laughing: I admit, I think a lot of the detest stems from it all just being creepy to me.

There are plenty of more recent Disney movies that I don't like (the direct to DVD sequels have always bothered me, except for the surprisingly good Aladdin trilogy). But I feel guilt for harboring anything less but admiration for two beloved classics. :scared1:

Okay, I admitted it. Let's hear yours! We won't yell at you... much. :goodvibes

jg121285
03-21-2010, 02:06 AM
I actually liked Dumbo except for the trippy hallucination scene :confused:

DGF and I did not care much for Alice in Wonderland (1951 cartoon). Almost the whole movie was like the drunk scene from Dumbo. We loved the live-action version that just came out though :confused3

But of all the Disney movies we've seen our least favorite is Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Did not entertain us at all and it really dragged. We both fell asleep the first time we tried to watch it and I fell asleep again when I tried to watch it a second time. :cloud9: <-- couldn't find a sleeping smiley

j&j620
03-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Ok...here it goes... :guilty:

I do NOT like Bambi!

Whew, that felt good! :rotfl:

aftertoday
03-21-2010, 10:48 AM
"The Black Cauldron". It's boring and scary and weird.

In terms of Pixar, though, I'm not crazy about "The Incredibles".

Robert29
03-21-2010, 03:14 PM
This is a fun post...I never really got into 101 Dalmations. Truthfully though, not really a dog person here so that may be why. Never saw the live-action one - was it any better?

JennyMP03
03-21-2010, 03:55 PM
jg121285, that hallucination scene is what I remember most from Dumbo! What a strange sequence.

j&j620, I asked to receive Bambi as a gift, and though I got it, I've never watched that DVD. It's like I felt I needed to have it for my Disney movie collection, but I don't actually want to watch it again. :laughing: There are certainly cute moments in it, but boy is it sad!

aftertoday, I don't recall The Black Cauldon doing much for me either. However, I'm a huuuuuuge fan of The Incredibles, but that may be because I'm a superhero geek in general. :goodvibes

Thanks, Robert29! You know, 101 Dalmations is not one of my favorites either. I don't remember liking the live-action movie any better. For me, I don't generally care for movies with animal characters as the focus; Finding Nemo and Robin Hood are the Disney exceptions, and I think that's because there are zero or few humans in those movies. When the animals and humans begin interacting (such as in 101 Dalmations or the Fox and the Hound), I find it hard to suspend my disbelief. Seems contrary to say since I apparently have no trouble with fish and birds chatting with each other. :laughing:

j&j620
03-21-2010, 05:02 PM
j&j620, I asked to receive Bambi as a gift, and though I got it, I've never watched that DVD. It's like I felt I needed to have it for my Disney movie collection, but I don't actually want to watch it again. :laughing: There are certainly cute moments in it, but boy is it sad!

Seriously! My student teacher decided one rainy afternoon that she was going to show it to my kindergarten class. I asked, "Are you sure you want to do that?" and she didn't really seem to understand why I was questioning her plan. 5 crying kiddos later, she got it. Oh well, I guess it was a learning experience for her! :teacher:

PK Disney Dork
03-21-2010, 05:04 PM
This was a tough questions...but here are mine:

The Rescuers
Cinderella
Pocahontas

Smiling Cheshire Cat
03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Seriously! My student teacher decided one rainy afternoon that she was going to show it to my kindergarten class. I asked, "Are you sure you want to do that?" and she didn't really seem to understand why I was questioning her plan. 5 crying kiddos later, she got it. Oh well, I guess it was a learning experience for her! :teacher:

The first time I saw Bambi was when I was in kindergarten. It was not a happy experience.

It sounds like we all have similar taste here-

The only thing I like about Bambi is Thumperr. Pinnochio is rather disturbing. My kids are not crazy about Dumbo either but I like it. BTW, 101 Dalmations is my DD's favorite movie.

Of the newer Disney classics I just didn't get Hercules or Pocohantas. And from Pixar we don't like A Bug's Life Much.

raftislander
03-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Hunchback of Notre Dame. It has some beautiful music, but it came out when my daughter was fairly young and, afterward, I was sorry that I had taken her to it. Only time I ever felt that about a Disney movie. May=ny years later we saw the stage show at the Studios- that was wonderful, much better than the movie.

TattooedMermaid
03-22-2010, 08:22 AM
I agree with a lot of what people said. I don't like:

Dumbo
101 Dalmations
Bambi
Snow White

And I don't really like *gasp* Winnie the Pooh and his friends. :scared1:

None of these inspire hate or anything...maybe Snow White though... but just an "eh" feeling. I'm not sure how I feel about all the direct to video sequels either....

hulagirl87
03-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Up... it's sad and depressing, and the talking dog thing and the freaky bird Kevin were just too odd. I didn't buy it when it came out because that's how much I disliked it. Me, not buying a Disney movie! Shocking! :lmao:

I also could do without a lot of the sequels. The Return of Jafar and Jungle Book 2. Not a fan.

kampfirekim
03-22-2010, 11:23 AM
The Sword in the Stone, Hunchback of Notre Dame, HATED The Wild and I would rather break a bone than sit through Mulan again! The Kimoto Dragon ruined the whole thing for me! I almost feel like I am committing a sin for admitting this! (But I have to agree with J&J620, it does feel better!)
PS, I almost forgot The Great Mouse Detective.

kali3
03-22-2010, 11:59 AM
But of all the Disney movies we've seen our least favorite is Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Did not entertain us at all and it really dragged. We both fell asleep the first time we tried to watch it and I fell asleep again when I tried to watch it a second time. :cloud9: <-- couldn't find a sleeping smiley

Really? I loved bedknobs & Broomsticks. It's one of my all time favorites!

Emme
03-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Alice in Wonderland~ I think this may be only one of the few Disney movies I don't own...Way too trippy for me :hippie:. Does not give me a warm fuzzy when I watched it; it actually made me nervous;).

Also, Dumbo isn't my fave but I do own it cause he's sweet :hug:.

Lesleyluvsdisney
03-23-2010, 07:23 AM
I hate Robin Hood!! It just annoys me - dont know why!!!

jennbunn
03-23-2010, 09:30 AM
mulan, the hunchback of norte dame, and Pinocchio. and the only pixar movie i did not care for would be the Incredibles.

Poohbug
03-23-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't like Hunchback, Bambi.
For Pixar movies, I don't like Ratatouille. The story is good but I can't get over the rats in the kitchen. -- shudder--

redoschi
03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Of the oldies I'm not very fond of Pinocchio, though Dumbo was my all-time favorite disney classic when I was a kid.

Of the new classics I really don't like Pocahontas and Hunchback and most of the 2000's disney titles (Atlantis, Home of the Range, The Wild for example).

This last decade has brought us mainly excelent movies from Pixar (can't think of any of them that I don't like, maybe Cars is my least favorite of them) and of course the instant Classic "Lilo & Stitch", but most of the others didn't win my heart.

iwrbnd
03-23-2010, 02:39 PM
I hate Robin Hood!! It just annoys me - dont know why!!!

Ahhhh!!! Robin Hood was my all time favorite as a kid! :lovestruc I had such a crush on Robin Hood...yes, the fox!:laughing:

iwrbnd
03-23-2010, 02:40 PM
I never liked Fantasia. Maybe I should try again now that I'm an adult!

hedgehog2owl
03-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Dumbo
Now it scares the sh$t out of my dd too. My mom says "oh but it's meant to build empathy" bah.

dd also PASSIONATELY dislikes Toy Story

leslie@dvcstore
03-23-2010, 07:05 PM
fox and the hound
bambi and pinoccio

really liked fox and the hound and bambi as a child but once i got older and realized that in the fox and the hound and bambi the mother dies in both of the those movies also happens in nemo but i like the cast in nemo! just not right!

ChristaDeVil
03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Mulan and Pocahontas.

The Incredibles is probably one of my all-time favorite movies, Pixar or not, but I think I dig it because it's kind of dark.

ckdsnynt
03-23-2010, 07:57 PM
I feel like this is a deep, dark secret. I love Disney, you understand, but I do not like these two movies, which are considered classics:

Pinocchio and Dumbo.

Whew, feels good to get that off my chest! I like Dumbo as a character, but not as a movie. I can't put my finger on why I dislike it.

However, I must say, I just hate Pinocchio all around. I don't like the story, the animation, or the characters (except Jiminy, maybe). I like "When You Wish Upon a Star" but rarely associate it with the movie so much as with Disney as a whole (unfair, perhaps, I realize). I feel like such a jerk for it, but I just can't stand this movie. And Monstro scared me as a kid. Okay, okay, he still scares me now! :laughing: I admit, I think a lot of the detest stems from it all just being creepy to me.

There are plenty of more recent Disney movies that I don't like (the direct to DVD sequels have always bothered me, except for the surprisingly good Aladdin trilogy). But I feel guilt for harboring anything less but admiration for two beloved classics. :scared1:

Okay, I admitted it. Let's hear yours! We won't yell at you... much. :goodvibes

I thought I was alone in hating Pinochio! Went to watch it this past weekend with DGD and remembered why I didn't like it: bad language (jacka** is used several times, kids (donkeys/slaves) cry for their mamas when they are sold to work in the mines for being bad, characters smoke, just not what I want my little girls watching. It is just a dated picture I think.

ZiPaD3doDAH
03-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Havent seen a lot of the classics in a whileeee (i mean more than 5-8 years) so i don't remember the movies & have to see them again.

However, I do not like Bambi or Alice in Wonderland.

Bambi is sad but sooo slow.

a paper star
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
One I really do not like is Dumbo. I hate when make up is put on him and he's paraded around like a stage animal. I'm also not a fan of Bambi or 101 Dalmations. It's funny I'm a huge animal lover but I seem to not like Disney movies with animals! There is a lot of dislike on here for Alice in Wonderland, I've loved it since I was three!

SydneyFalco
03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Of the classics, only Cinderella and Alice In Wonderland come to mind.

In the modern age, everything since the mid nineties in traditinal animation has been "meh" at best. I just watched Princess and the Frog for the first time the other night and it did nothing for me, although it's much more palatable than Huncback or Pochahontas.

I love the Pixar films, except for the dull as dirt Cars.

Sorsha
03-24-2010, 02:35 PM
:confused3 I *love* Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Alice in Wonderland, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmations, so many of the ones that have been mentioned here. And Cars and Ratatouille are my FAV Pixar movies! :confused3 Maybe I am weird, I can live with that. ;)

I cannot STAND:
Rescuers Down Under
Fox and the Hound
Bambi
Pinocchio
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Monsters Inc (not sure why, even I am mystified by this one, but I just don't like it)
Bolt
Up
Brave Little Toaster or any of its sequels...for that matter, I usually don't like any of the sequels very much

8lovesmickey
03-24-2010, 05:35 PM
My son had this weird thing for "The Fox and the Hound" and I can't stand it. He would watch it over and over and over... I am glad he's outgrown that phase!

Not fond of Bambi or Dumbo either - too sad for me! I get the artistry, but I want to be entertained. I also don't like the donkey thing in Pinocchio; it freaked me out as a kid and still does.

8lovesmickey
03-24-2010, 05:36 PM
eek - I forgot about Brave Little Toaster - yuck!

Tink rules
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Alice in Wonderland didn't do it for me. Not sure I want to see the movie either...

FlightlessDuck
03-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Hunchback of Notre Dame: I found some of the subject matter to be really somewhat inappropriate for a Disney animated film.

Escape to Witch Mountain (1975): Just really, really bad.

Hercules: Sure, it's a great movie in general, but doesn't come anywhere close to actual Greek mythology.

Rora
03-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Oh gosh.. I more than a couple...

1. Dumbo- I hate the circus (okay, I'm terrified of the circus) and thought it was such a sad movie.
2. Pinocchio- I really really dislike this movie. I don't like Stromboli, Monstro, even Jimminy Cricket.. :(
3. Snow White- No reason.. just dislike it.
4. Bambi- It's cute but too sad.
5. Hunchback- Again, sad, upsetting, etc.

Experiment_626
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm not that great a fan of Bambi, but it has nothing to do with it being sad. While it is unquestionably beautiful, I've always thought it really suffers in terms of characterization. There just really isn't much in terms of character development to me. Thumper is probably the most colorful character, but that's mainly because the child who voiced him wildly overacted.

Still, it is beautiful, and I don't hate it.

Robin Hood does very little for me. Recycled animation, recycled formula, recycled character designs ... it was made on the cheap, and it shows (compared with some of Disney's other work that was made cheaply and did a better job of hiding it).

I'm not particularly happy in general with most of Disney's animation after 101 Dalmatians and prior to The Little Mermaid. It was the heyday of Xerography at the studio, and almost everything had rough, black pencil outlines. I was and am much happier with the flowing, clean lines (in colors complementary with that of the adjacent paint) of earlier work, and which returned in the '90s. Mermaid used Xerography, but with colored toners (and there seems to have been an effort to keep the lines clean and tight). Xerography started on 101 Dalmatians, but for some reason it really enhanced that particular film.

jessrose18
03-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Oliver and company. I thought I remembered liking as a kid bought it last year when re-released it was dark and weird and aweful

MickeyMirth
03-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Like so many of you I really didn't enjoy Bambi. I was very young at the time and it was so long ago that theaters still had balconies that were the usual sitting area for younger kids and their parents. I cried when I finally grasped the fact that Bambi's mom was not coming back.

LoodlesNoodles
03-26-2010, 04:00 PM
I feel a bit like a freak for liking most of the ones you guys have mentioned. Bedknobs and Broomsticks was my favourite film ever for years, I can't tell you how many times I've subjected my brothers to watching that film with me. That and Rescuers Down Under (though, as I've gotten older I don't see so much what I liked about it now. I think it was just the cool Australian animals).

Cinderella is one I never got. I found her annoying and a little just well...blah.

I also don't like many of the pixar films. I can appreciate them for their beauty, but the plots just don't do it for me. Though I love A Bugs Life.

kampfirekim
03-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Hunchback of Notre Dame: I found some of the subject matter to be really somewhat inappropriate for a Disney animated film.

Escape to Witch Mountain (1975): Just really, really bad.

Hercules: Sure, it's a great movie in general, but doesn't come anywhere close to actual Greek mythology.

:thumbsup2 I totally agree with you! Especially on the Hunchback of ND. Totally inappropriate! I've already posted my dislikes, but I have to add Oliver and Company. (I still like way more than I don't like!)

Lesleyluvsdisney
03-26-2010, 06:20 PM
No way!! pixar are brill....well loved toy story etc! some of the new stuff is..???

brigitte7723
03-28-2010, 08:52 AM
I actually haven't seen most of the movies you guys mentioned...haha. Probably because I wasn't interested as a child. I was into the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. They are all on my netflix now though.

I just saw Snow White the other day and it was just..okay. I realize it was the first one though. But I found it really boring.
Also I didn't like Ratatouille and actually didn't finish it all. But I was also watching it by myself.
And..the Little Mermaid is not my favorite. I like the music and everything but just the fact that Ariel changes her whole life for this guy she doesn't even know is kind of strange.

iheartjacksparrow
03-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Peter Pan
Pinnochio
Aladdin
I think because all the main characters in these are boys, but I never liked them as a kid. I want to give them all a try now though!

Mary Poppins.. (CAN'T stand it, idk why)

I also don't care for...
Lilo and Stitch (I like the music though!)

Never really saw..
The Incredibles or Cars
I've had them on in the background, but couldn't get into them.

Feels good to say that......

Kumquatmelon
03-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I dislike, but don't hate...
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Pinnochio
Bambi

I hate...
Cars

jg121285
03-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I gotta say I'm not a big fan of Mary Poppins either. Some parts were good and Julie Andrews is cute but I fell asleep halfway through that one too. Maybe I'm just not a big fan of the musical movies. :rolleyes1

thelittlemermaid83
03-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Wow not a lot of you liked Bambi or Dumbo! Them two were firm faves of mine when i was a little girl.

I will admit that i do not care for The Jungle Book, boring film, boring characters. Hated it when i was young and i hate it now. If i'm having trouble sleeping I will just put this film on.

Mtukufu
03-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't really like The Fox and the Hound.

iheartjacksparrow
03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Wow not a lot of you liked Bambi or Dumbo! Them two were firm faves of mine when i was a little girl.

I will admit that i do not care for The Jungle Book, boring film, boring characters. Hated it when i was young and i hate it now. If i'm having trouble sleeping I will just put this film on.

Jungle Book!! Yeah, that's another one I never liked either!!

Or Mulan!

Mtukufu
03-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Jungle Book!! Yeah, that's another one I never liked either!!

Or Mulan!

How can you not like Mulan???? :confused:

Familyof4lovesDW
03-28-2010, 05:58 PM
DH and I said the worst two we could think of were WallE and Rattitue (I do not know how to spell it). I like to talk and the nontalking in walle is what made me not like it. I also agree stick with the originals, no sequals although Toy Story 2 is good and I will see Toy Story 3. Those were the ones that came to mind that I have seen.

chrissi1
03-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Old Yeller- nuff said.... :(

Pinocchio is one that scared me as a little kid- I even had a book of itm and would skip right over the Monstro page. And how awful when the boys turned into donkeys! ack!

Snow White as a character- she's was sooooo annoying!
I like the Snow White from Shrek so much better- now, *she* kicked some butt LOL

pixiepirate
03-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I have to agree with the OP. I dislike Pinnochio and Dumbo. I'm not particularly fond of The Jungle Book either. However, I do have to say that 101 Dalmations is my all-time favorite animated film.

disneyaholicUK
03-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Whoa!! So I'm not the only one who hates Pinocchio! That's one freaky movie!

I have a very serious love/hate relationship with Dumbo... when anyone asks me what my top 3 Disney movies are, it's always up there, but I can't actually bring myself to watch it too often as I end up blubbing like a child! Oh, and I'm petrified of clowns so the circus thing doesn't sit well with me either, lol.

As for Bambi, I can't say I hate it - I just don't 'get' it. So many people go on at me that it's 'the saddest Disney movie ever', but it just stirs no emotion in me at all. I just get bored :o(

hsembrick
04-02-2010, 11:52 PM
1. Bambi
2. Hercules
3. Hunchback
4. Pocahontas

I'm suprised how many of you actually don't like Mary Poppins and bedknobs and broomstcks!!! Those are still my favorites!!!

dizneedoll
04-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Traitors! All of you!! How dare you call yourselves Disney fans?? ok I'm just kidding...:goodvibes

Here's what I hate:

Snow White: this is painful to watch. That voice just kills me. But I appreciate it for being the first full length animated film, what they were able to achieve with it and it's staying power and relevancy for more then 60 years! I just don't like it.

Up: I hated this! It was depressing as a PP mentioned. I can't understand why this won the academy award for animation over Princess and the Frog which was so great imo.

Bambi- BORING. I bought this when it came out last time on DVD, watched it once then resold it on eBay.

lacrosse_lady72
04-03-2010, 01:23 PM
1. Although it's Disney/Pixar... I really didn't like Cars. I thought it was ridiculously boring and I've tried to see it a couple of times but I just get bored and stop watching.

2. Also, I didn't care for Up. I thought the beginning was wonderful but then the talking dogs... the angry old man... the dogs then (well it's implied) getting killed... no thanks.

3. And... in sticking with the Pixar theme, I really didn't like Ratatouille. Along with Cars, I couldn't finish it, borrrrring.

But, I really love a lot of the other Disney Pixar movies, Wall-E and The Incredibles especially. Wall-E was just brilliant and The Incredibles kept me in it the entire time. And I really like Edna. I love Nemo and Toy Story as well.

Idk how any of you can dislike Mulan, it's one of my favorites.

WickedNicole
04-05-2010, 07:52 AM
My least favorite Disney movies:

Pinnochio
Bedknobs & Broomsticks
The Jungle Book
all sequels except for Toy Story 2
and The Lion King...I know most people love this movie, but I never liked it.

I don't mind bambi & my son loves Dumbo, I don't mind it except for the pink elephant scene, that is just odd.

the horned king
04-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Swiss Family Robinson. What a bore fest.

Sorsha
04-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Swiss Family Robinson. What a bore fest.

:rotfl::lmao: One of my fav Disney movies of all time.
I watch it over and over and have parts of it memorized. :lmao: :rotfl:

Diff'rent Strokes for Diff'rent Folks! :thumbsup2

klacey1
04-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I found Dumbo incredibly disturbing/depressing. I feel like they wouldn't be able to get away with a movie like that today (ie killing his mother, Jim Crow, etc.) I watched it several times as a child and once more in my late teens and I have no desire to see it again.
Until the Princess and the Frog, I have not liked any of the new Disney movies-- Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Bolt. Of the Pixar releases, the Incredibles is actually the only one I don't care for.

Dervis
04-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I never really liked Pinnochio either. I just didn't get it. Don't get me wrong, I love Jiminy and "When You Wish Upon A Star," but those have become Disney staples. Kind of like Tinkerbell, who people seem to forget was a character from Peter Pan.

I loved The Sword In The Stone as a kid, but I rewatched it recently, and I struggled to stay awake. The plot just seems to go no where....:confused3

I was never really into the princesses, but I've always found Snow White to be practically unwatchable. Theres almost no plot, the Prince is completely useless, and I never understood why the Queen turns herself into an old hag and poisoned Snow when she could have just stabbed her or something. Plus, the dwarfs are annoying.

WDWtraveler27
04-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Lacrosse_Lady72, the dogs in Up don't die....

First of all I'm a huge Disney movie fan. Mostly the animated movies but there are still some I don't like.

The Incredibles is ok. Maybe watch it once every two or three years.
Any movie that was released between 101 Dalmatians and the Little Mermaid. Excluding both Rescuers movies.

Treasure Planet.

All those direct to DVD sequels. Bleh!

The one movie that I can't even get through the opening song is Oliver and Company. I just really dislike how noticeable the 80s influence in this movie is.

Ppufi
04-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Well, I've never really enjoyed The Fox and the Hound. I only watched it once. It must've really scarred me as a child, because I just can't bring myself to watch it again.

princess-lola
04-10-2010, 11:38 AM
The only animated Disney movies I never liked are Hercules, The Emperor's New Groove, and Home on the Range but I have watched them a few times. Freaky Friday, The Mighty Ducks, Air Bud, and Blank Check were all dull.

A lot of Pixar movies like: A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille. Also I don't like those CGI Disney movies like: Chicken Little, The Wild, the two Tinker Belle movies.

donac
04-11-2010, 11:15 AM
This is fun to see what people like and don't like.

Ds1 (who turns 25 in a couple of weeks) could not watch Little Mermaid. Ursula scared the living daylights out of him. He would start crying and not stop until he left the room. At his preschool they would show a movie as the kids were leaving and if they showed this he had to be in another room.

I have never gotten into Cars but I will watch a good number of Disney movies.

I remember watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks at Radio City Music Hall

LittleMissMusical
04-11-2010, 02:22 PM
wall-e and cars... it didn't give me the disney warm and fuzzies(only 2 pixar movie i didn't cry in!)

brother bear... it's kinda forgotten about!

startrekkie
04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm sorry but I love all the Disney animated films they are fab and I love the Pixar films as well.

Boo :)
04-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Finding Nemo, Fox and the Hound and Sleeping Beauty.

WDW_lover_in_SC
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Finding Nemo...I hate everything about that movie

disneydee6
04-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Snow white - I just don't get the moral of the story. At all. Don't trust old ladies who give you apples? Midgets have very different personalities?

Hunchback of Notre Dame- What is so crazy about this movie is that the actions of the bad guy are much more real than other disney villians, which makes this movie all the more scary!

Swiss Family - I also thought this movie was a complete borefest.

enchanted_moonstone
04-16-2010, 08:39 AM
I've gotta admit Snow White's voice irritates me sooo much :rotfl: I think it's amazing what with it being the first animated film and all that, but her voice just..... grates against me :lmao:

karly05
04-16-2010, 01:15 PM
This is really fascinating, and just goes to show, we all have our own tastes. :hippie:

I'm in that small minority that really doesn't care for "Lion King," and while I never met a Pixar film I didn't like, I have to admit that "Wall-E" is my least favorite. In both of those cases, though, I can understand why other people love them.

I'm a big old fan of "Hunchback," but I don't have kids, so while I understand why some people feel it was too dark/mature/inappropriate for their kids, that wasn't an issue for me.

And I love love love "Up," and find it to be an uplifting (pun intended) "feel good" movie (that does have some emotional, tear-inducing moments). And, just to reiterate, for anyone who hasn't seen it and might be concerned, NO dogs die, nor is there any sort of "fake-out" where you think a dog has died (let's just say you couldn't pay me enough to watch Old Yeller, so if I like something, you know the dogs make it out ok!). (The airplane dogs have parachutes, FYI; plus, we see them again in the end, with the other dogs.)

geogat
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
This thread is hurting me.. I have seen way to many bad things about way to many good movies. But I guess we all have opinions!

I am going to say "A Home on the Range" has got to be a low point on Disney's movie making ability!

jessrose18
04-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Snow white - I just don't get the moral of the story. At all. Don't trust old ladies who give you apples? Midgets have very different personalities?

Hunchback of Notre Dame- What is so crazy about this movie is that the actions of the bad guy are much more real than other disney villians, which makes this movie all the more scary!

Swiss Family - I also thought this movie was a complete borefest.

I agree w/ the villian in hunchback... I think it is creepy how he lusts after esmerelda like smelling her scarf and hair, it's a total different villian vibe like creepy old man next door vibe. That being said, I think this movie did have some high points.

sidewalks
04-18-2010, 04:54 PM
We took my children to see Up last year. My five year old son was distraught throughout the whole movie. He kept saying "How are they going to get back home?" And then the scary dogs...

I should've never taken him. He can't watch most Disney movies, esp. if there's a villian. I hate Up now, though I should be placing the blame on me.

knightqueen
04-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Dislike
Bambi~ But not b/c it's sad.Just don't get into it for lack of development
Jungle Book
Atlantis
Hercules

Hate
Mary Poppins
The Little Mermaid

EMHDad
04-18-2010, 09:57 PM
not crazy about hunchback

sbprincess
04-18-2010, 10:17 PM
I didn't realize there were so many Disney movies I haven't seen until reading through these responses! Of the more "prominent" Disney movies, I really didn't enjoy: Pocahontas, Lilo and Stitch, and Cars

It is interesting to see people's different opinions though. I'm pretty shocked there are people who don't like The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, Aladdin, and Cinderella. Also, surprised by Mary Poppins, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, and most of the other Pixar films. I can't think of one Pixar film besides Cars that I don't like actually!

My DH and I just recently watched Hunchback for the first time in a LONG time. While I can understand that the content is a little mature for children, we actually really liked it.

I don't think I've seen anyone post about not liking Beauty and the Beast or Sleeping Beauty. Those are the only two I can think of that I didn't see...but I could have missed it.

*BTMRR*
04-18-2010, 10:44 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention Fantasia. That scared me when I was a kid and I still don't care for it at all as an adult. Someone gave me a copy of it as a gift a few years ago and I gave it away at the office White Elephant gift exchange...the person who got it seemed to be thrilled!

Maybe I'm the only one who can't stand Fantasia.

julio5150
04-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Dumbo freaked me out when I was little. Mainly that one scene. I haven't watched it since!

julio5150
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM
I forgot about Fantasia. I didn't completely hate it, but it was pretty freaky! :)

marie1203
04-23-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't like
Cars- it was just ok I mean talking cars?
Pinocchio- it scare me when I was little the kids becoming donkeys, him being taken just awful, sad and scary.
Fantasia- I thought it was boring
Wall-e- I found it boring and too long I felt sleep 5 times before I finish watching it
chicken little- now this movie I can't stand it is just awful.

ScaryTales
04-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I've never liked The Rescuers or Hunchback. I hated Fantasia as a child but have grown to appreciate it.

Rose DiVerona
04-24-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't like Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty...the old princess movies.

Also not crazy about The Black Cauldron or Bambi, and Pinocchio is kind of scary.

Don't like most sequels, or the animated movies after 2000 except Lilo & Stitch and Brother Bear.

Have loved all the Pixars. :goodvibes

jelloarms
04-27-2010, 02:50 AM
"The Black Cauldron". It's boring and scary and weird.

In terms of Pixar, though, I'm not crazy about "The Incredibles".

Man I thought I was the only one who didn't like the Incredibles!

Other than that...here are some Disney movies I don't care for

Sleeping Beauty:: I know I know, it's a SUPER classic, but I just thought it was really boring and the faeries always irritated me for some reason.

Cars:: I saw this only once and I don't even remember who the villain is in this movie. Is there a villain?

Fox and the Hound:: SAAAAD ending...can't bare to watch it. Sure no one dies but they can never EVER be friends.

Lilo and Stitch:: Lilo irritated me to no end. Her sister Nani is trying so hard to create a life for them and all she does is complain. Also, Stitch is incredibly irritating.

Claire-Bear
04-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Some of the follow-up films I didn't like.

The Lion King 3 effectively ruined The Lion King original story by changing the reasons why everything happened. The Lion King 2 just didn't make sense but at least had nice music.

Pocahontas 2 again ruined the magic of the original Pocahontas.

Don't want to give too much away incase anyone was wanting to see them :P

Hoodie
04-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Pocahontas was unbelievably stupid. Not to mention 100% incorrect. Nothing like taking an an actual human being, a true story, and creating a completely fictional character and story.

Iron Mouse
04-27-2010, 11:30 AM
I really don't like Bambi, Dumbo or Pinocchio... nor Fox and the Hound... Not even Robin Hood. I realized I don't like a lot of classics. I don't like Jungle Book either. It is a combination of factors for me, storyline, music, animation. I don't know I just didn't connect with any of those movies like I did with the others.

DisneyFairytale
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
There are quite a few movies I dont like by Disney-most unfortunately are the newer ones. I find only the old classics, the hand drawn movies still hold the magic of Disney. Like the Princess and the Frog because it went back along the lines of Disney Classics, otherwise some of the newer Disney movies I really don't like that much.

princess jackie
04-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't like any of the sequals. I also don't like Lilo and Stitch. We took DD12 when it first came out and had to leave early because she was so upset that everyone was being mean to Lilo. We do own it though and DD got over it and has watched the movie since, but I think I hold a grudge against the movie for upsetting my daughter so bad. I also don't like anything Winnie the Pooh related.

Ppufi
05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
I forgot about The Lion King 1 1/2. That was just plain horrible. I try to forget it's real.

superme80
05-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Bambi! Never liked it. I think I was the only one who was happy that the mom wasn't coming back. Yeah I am a bit twisted that way. :cool1:

Jool-e
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Pocahontas. I don't think I've ever been able to watch it all the way through...it just bores me. Same for Sleeping Beauty, and I have never seen Hunchback of Notre Dame and don't really want to.

Also, I wouldn't day that I dislike The Incredibles, but I definitely don't think it's the masterpiece so many people feel it is. It was kind of forgettable for me.

TheDisneyBunch
05-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Ok, I am browsing a small list here so I will name off the ones I never have cared for or could not get into. (I feel bad even naming this many as I am a Disney NUT and love almost all things Disney but I certainly think there are some movies I am not so much in to).

Fantasia - just did not interest me.
Bambi - a little boring...a bit sad!
Saludos Amigos - again did not interest me.
The Three Caballeros - no interest.
The Jungle Book - I have just never cared for this movie... but do like some of the music. :)
The Black Cauldron - was boring.
Aladdin - never have liked this one.
Pocahontas - never likedt his one.
Hunchback of Notre Dome - colorful but never liked it at all.
Hercules - saw this one at the movies and really disliked it.
Emperor's New Groove - did not enjoy!
Treasure Planet - could not get in to this one.
Atlantis - could not get in to it.
Brother Bear - was boring.
Bolt - just flat out totally disliked this movie from the start...lol
The Incredibles - has to be my LEAST fave disney movie ever.
Enchanted - it is ok, but I don't think I would ever sit to watch it again.

Other than that I pretty much LOVE all of the others (with the exception of some of the random thing that they came out with).

kimono rose
05-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Here's my list:
Snow White (I tried to watch this recently and couldn't get past the first 15 minutes)
Peter Pan
Pinocchino
The Jungle Book
Dumbo
Bambi
101 Dalmations (both the animated and live-action versions)
I also do not like sequels the only one I like was Lilo and Stitch 2
Plus there are a bunch of Disney movies I have yet to see.

Cardsfann18
05-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Wall-E was very boring, and dare I say just stupid.

FlightlessDuck
05-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I also don't like any of the direct to video stuff.

And I was kind of disappointed in Cars. If felt about 30 minutes too long. I don't hate it, it's probably just my least favorite Pixar movie.

petlvr1064
05-16-2010, 04:48 PM
the one disney movie that I hate is fantiesa. it is boreing and scary.

littlezar
05-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Not a huge fan of some already mentioned (Dumbo, Pinocchio, Bambi, Atlantis). Have to add Meet the Robinsons. Couldn't get into it. My girlfriend and I would take our 8 kids (total...4 each, LOL) to the movie on the beach on base every week in the summer while our hubbies were in Iraq for a year. Neither one of us could get into it and ended up pulling our lawn chairs & strollers to the "back" away from everyone so we could chat.

julayla
05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
It's funny, all this dislike for the Pinocchio film because of how disturbing and weird it is. In reality, it's a bit of sweet sugary fluff compared to the ORIGINAL story. Pinocchio squashed "Jiminy," was hanged by the neck until he nearly died, bit off the cat's paw, was tricked into thinking the blue fairy had died, watched his pal Lampwick die, was nearly fried up and eaten, etc. It was so horrible, it fascinated me as a kid.

My least faves? The Fox and the Hound, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Robin Hood, Oliver & Company, The Black Cauldron, Peter Pan... I don't hate 'em, I'm just not very fond of them.

But the one I absolutely detest? Chicken Little. Blargh.

The Tinker Bell movie (first one) could have been OK. It has a few beautiful moments, such as when Tinker Bell puts together the music box. But the dialogue kills it for me. That, and the way fairies are "born." Um, so if fairies don't get pregnant, why the heck do we have MALE fairies again? That's one nod to J.M. Barrie the movie could have done without.

I love all the Pixar films except one: Up. Now, I love all the scenes that have something to do with Carl and Ellie, but I feel that the rest of Up doesn't live up to those shining moments.

For example, Kevin the bird is cute, but I didn't feel particularly upset when she was captured. My heart bled for Carl's burning house instead. Didn't like the kid much either. I don't *dislike* him, but he's not very interesting or compelling. And there's not enough to the villain; he feels disposable and one-shot.

I'm going to ignore the existence of direct-to-video sequels to our beloved Disney classics. :P

Mama_Dis
05-25-2010, 09:04 AM
I can't remember if I posted on here or just read through this thread. . .

Despise Hunchback
Chicken Little makes me sad because it's SO awful and I love Zach Braff
The Great Mouse Detective- yuck
I don't think I've even bothered with The Black Cauldron since I was about 4.
James and the Giant Peach

But I think most of those are either love/hate with most people. As far as Classics?

I really don't like Herbie. Any of them.
The Fox and the Hound. It's depressing.
Nightmare Before Christmas (cult classic)

startrekkie
05-25-2010, 04:12 PM
why would you hate Disney films I love them all.

Smokering
05-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I dislike several and have mixed feelings about others.

Ariel annoys me in The Little Mermaid - whiny, spoiled, bratty. And Ursula terrified the heck out of me as a kid, so I've only seen the movie through once. I love some of the songs, though.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame had no redeeming features I can see. It boggles my mind someone thought that book would make an appropriate kids' movie! Lust, torture, deformity, murder, infidelity, horrific racial stereotypes... good for the 3-5 demographic?

I used to dismiss Pocahontas as awful because of its butchering of history, but I've since come to appreciate the art. The scene where John and Pocahontas first see each other through the mist is so beautifully drawn, political issues aside... And "Colors of the Wind" is undeniably catchy. :p So I don't love it, but I like it better than I used to.

Thought Hercules was very poor on the whole, but I liked Megara and LOVED "I Won't Say (I'm in Love)". Awesome song! The animation during the "gods" scenes was appalling, though. Not Disney's usual standard at all.

Most of the sequels, particularly The Lion King 1 1/2, Mulan 2 and the Aladdin sequels. Again, the animation in Aladdin 2 was embarrassingly bad. Jasmine didn't move like Jasmine (or sound like her, of course!). Pocahontas 2 made John Smith a right so-and-so, thus destroying all the romance of the previous film.

I feel terribly guilty for saying this - I used to work at an arthouse cinema and I have a degree in film, so I "should" like this - but I was underwhelmed by Ratatouille. I love Brad Bird and I'm a huge cooking geek, so I expected to be blown away by the film. But I wasn't. It didn't seem to have the heart of the other Pixars, the characters weren't strong enough and the whole film was too long. I know the critics raved about it, but... (And I really enjoyed Cars, thus cementing my position as a plebeian with no finer feelings!)

robinsegg
05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
I think it's called "Darby McGill and the Little People"? It scared the ever-living daylights out of me (the banshee and such in particular) as a child.
Also, "The 3 Lives of Thomasina" I think is a Disney movie, and not my favorite.

NorseStar
05-31-2010, 07:11 AM
I agree on Darby o' Gill. That banshee will live on as the one thing in a Disney movie that made me clear the room.

Bambi
The Incredibles
Cars
Cinderella
Fox and Hound

Am I one of the only big supporters of The Black Cauldron?

GastonisAwesome
07-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Why does everyone seem to hate Mulan? It's my favorite movie of all time! But anyways here are the disney movies I don't like.

Cars:One of the worst movies I've ever seen. The worst disney movie imo. Oh wait I forgot about...

Home On The Range:I've been trying to forget this movie for a long time. The songs were bad (Besides Yodle Adle Eedle Idle oo). The characters were bad (Besides Alemeda Slim). And the story was terrible.

Fantasia and Fantasia 2000:No talking and hardly any action besides the fire bird in 2000,Night on Bald Mountain and The Sorcerer's Apprentice :wizard:

The Emperors New Groove:Probably the best movie I've mentioned. Really Funny but I didn't like anything else about it.

sbeaulieu
07-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I really don't like Dumbo. I had forgotton how much I disliked it when I played it for my 4 year old...a little variety from the usual princess movies. It is depressing and a little racist!

I don't dislike Snow White, but I was surprised at how much it underwhelmed me when I watched it on DVD for the first time. I remember liking it more as a kid.

I like the Little Mermaid sequels, but could do without the Cinderella ones

ClassyChic
07-13-2010, 12:19 AM
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
A Bugs Life
Finding Nemo
The Wild
Any remake of live action movies (aka The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday)

Stephlovesdisney!
07-13-2010, 01:12 AM
I really don't like the straight-to-video sequels not just because they are bad but because they are intentionally made without any thought or care and intentionally sold straight to video to make huge profits. This makes for a bad movie, a slightly ruined original movie and it mocks the customer.

I also don't like Cars, Up other than Dug, Pinnochio and Newsies. There are more that I cannot think of right now.

Jessica14
07-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Funny how tastes are so different! I'd have to say I really don't totally dislike anything. I just might not find them my taste such as The Incredibles and Cars my DS favorite). After Finding Nemo, which I loved, I don't have any warm and fuzzies for any Pixar until Wall-E which I loved. I also find Mary Poppins waaay too long. I fast forwarded to all of the music. Love Julie and Dick, but it was really dull in spots. Lilo and Stich was just annoying though I own the soundtrack,which I love.

The only one I really don't like and won't show it again to the kids is 101 Dalmations. I guess drinking, smoking, and name-calling when it was made was acceptable family fare. It's just nothing that I wanted to show to my kids after they saw it once.
Jessica

onnawufei
07-20-2010, 02:41 PM
I honestly don't like a lot of the classics, not because they're old (I love Sleeping Beauty and Sword in the Stone after all) but I'm just not that into their storyline.

I'm not a huge fan of Show White or Dumbo, and I could take or leave Cinderella. I also don't really like Fox and the Hound because it's so depressing. I loved it as a kid, but when I got older it hit me just how depressing the storyline was. No thank you, none for me! And 101 Dalmations was my first experience of having read the book and liking it more than the movie.

Queenofspoons
07-20-2010, 08:12 PM
suprisngly I love all of the movies, but their are exceptions:

I hate the Rescuers it just a boring film for me, I enjoyed the sequel (Rescuers Down under) though because it had awsome sequences and a better plot.

I didn't like the Black Caldron, it had a cool villian but other than that it just didn't feel disney to me, I also don't like The Fox and the Hound its way too depressing for me, Oliver & Co. and the Great Mouse Decective are the better of the 4 Disney Dark age flims.

I never disliked any of the Disney Reniassance films, I actually love them all.

Home On the Range was the stinker of the 2000-2009 animated movies, they could have done better with the western cartoon plot, I didn't like Bolt it just wasn't like the fairy tale cartoon films I was missing at that time.

As for my least favorite pixar film, it would be Wall-e, its just too artsy and dull, they throw in some humor, but the film marks Pixars decent into more serious cartoons.

julayla
07-21-2010, 12:13 AM
As for my least favorite pixar film, it would be Wall-e, its just too artsy and dull, they throw in some humor, but the film marks Pixars decent into more serious cartoons.

See, I like Wall-E, but I agree with you on one point: This was when Pixar movies started to change. It's like they're trying extra hard to yank heartstrings and make everyone cry. And as much as I enjoyed it, I don't think Wall-E is one of Pixar's stronger films.

Wall-E has a lot of sadness. Up is heartbreaking. Toy Story 3 is an emotional roller coaster that dwells on endings, goodbyes, facing death, etc.

I love nearly all of Pixar's movies, but still, I hope they don't stray too far in this direction and churn out excessively dark or drippy films. I like fun and upbeat optimism.

wicked.witch.of.wdw
07-22-2010, 03:44 PM
It’s probably bad that the main movie I don’t like is pretty popular considering I love stuff like Sword in the Stone and Black Cauldron, but here goes…

I could not for the life of me get into Tarzan. I mean, yeah, the music and the animation are good, but the storyline and the characters kind of bored me a little, and I found Terk incredibly irritating.

Also not a fan of Atlantis, Home on the Range (does anyone like this movie?), Bolt, any of the D2V sequels, or pretty much any Pixar film made after Finding Nemo (to be fair, I haven’t seen Toy Story 3)

tinkerbellfan6880
07-22-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't like Snow White because it just bored me and also I didn't like the song the Seven Dwaves sing. The Hunchback of Notre Dame scared me when I watched it back when it first come out. Sleeping Beauty I think put me to sleep when I watched it. I can't believe people don't like Bedknobs & Broomsticks> I love watching that movie whenever it is on television and the tape I have.

robinsegg
07-23-2010, 10:55 AM
I don't like Snow White because it just bored me and also I didn't like the song the Seven Dwaves sing. Is this the "Heigh-Ho" song or the "Nonsense Song"?

Disneytinker
07-23-2010, 02:33 PM
I dont really like Dumbo and i really dont like the part of the movie were there are all the dancing elephants when Dumbo is drunk :confused3

Schminston-Mo
07-24-2010, 07:05 PM
It feels good to get this out! :lmao:

I don't like Peter Pan! There, I said it.

All the female characters are witchy or twits and the male characters are jerks. I'm always confused by the Tinkerbell fans who like her because she is "sassy"....Doesn't attempted murder due to jealousy extend slightly beyond sass and into psychotic?

julayla
07-24-2010, 07:17 PM
It feels good to get this out! :lmao:

I don't like Peter Pan! There, I said it.

All the female characters are witchy or twits and the male characters are jerks. I'm always confused by the Tinkerbell fans who like her because she is "sassy"....Doesn't attempted murder due to jealousy extend slightly beyond sass and into psychotic?

Yeah, I don't think everyone realizes or remembers that Tinkerbell is slightly evil :rotfl: I don't like that movie too much either, though I am partial to Captain Hook.

Tink's nasty streak is exactly why I think they should have invented another fairy character instead of doing a series of Tinkerbell movies. I only saw the first one, but that character is *nothing* like the original Tink. She's more like a female version of Flik.

pansmermaidzlagoon
07-26-2010, 12:18 AM
"Hunchback..." and "Home on the Range" - don't care to watch either one ever again!!!

SouthernExplorer
07-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't like Ratatouille. The story is good but I can't get over the rats in the kitchen. -- shudder--

That is the precise reason that my SIL has never seen it. She does have a point, but that movie does inspire me to learn to cook! I just made a delicious Italian flatbread the other day, and I'm going to be making a chocolate cake with ganache frosting sometime this week. It is so much fun cooking and baking things from scratch. For that reason alone I tend to overlook the rats in the kitchen.

Hercules is too Disneyfied for my taste. Zeus a doting dad and loving husband? LOL Go back and read the myths Disney. Pocahontas is so historically inaccurate that it is insulting to her memory and that of her husband John Rolfe. I remember seeing The Black Cauldron as a child in a movie theater and loving it, but I fell asleep watching it last night. Cool villain!

Add my anime loving brother to the list of hating The Lion King~it's a rip off from a Japanese anime tv series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimba_the_White_Lion#The_Lion_King_controversy

I don't particulary like Atlantis, Home of the Range, and all of those horrible direct-to-DVD sequals. I've never seen Treasure Planet, and I don't think that I would like it. I don't like Old Yeller which has a sad ending, but that is not why I don't like it. I hate westerns. I hate John Wayne and I hate Clint Eastwood, two of the most over-rated actors/directors in history. I hate westerns.

Beauty & the Beast could have been better if they had originally released the movie in French with English subtitles. Residents in a French provincial town speaking English, I just cannot get past that. The characters don't even speak English with thick French accents. That is not authentic Disney. Beauty & the Beast is a perfect opportunity to expose children to French at a young age. BTW, all of Belles in Disney parks worldwide should be required to be fluent in French for guests who speak that language~after all she is a French character so the actress should have the capacity to speak French fluently. But at least the Beauty DVD has an option for French if I recall.

I love Alice in Wonderland film, the Lewis Carroll books, the Disneyland ride, etc. Ironically I can't stand Tim Burton's film even though his directorial vision is much closer to Lewis Carroll's books and ideas than the animated film is. Alice, along with Don Quixote, is one of the greatest characters in all of world literature. I guess a person loves the trippy nature of Lewis Carroll books or they don't. I love WALL-E. Once you have seen Kubrick's 2001 you will see references to HAL everywhere! As for Bambi-well, he grew up to have a nice rack as I recall - enough said.

It's funny, all this dislike for the Pinocchio film because of how disturbing and weird it is. In reality, it's a bit of sweet sugary fluff compared to the ORIGINAL story. Pinocchio squashed "Jiminy," was hanged by the neck until he nearly died, bit off the cat's paw, was tricked into thinking the blue fairy had died, watched his pal Lampwick die, was nearly fried up and eaten, etc. It was so horrible, it fascinated me as a kid.

Now I'm interested in reading the original Pinocchio story. It sounds similar to the original stories of the Brothers Grimm. That does not surprise me in the least that the original story is darker. Disney has to Disney-fy everything, and it really takes the magic out of the original stories. I'm starting to understand why my brother hates Disney films.

tinkerbellfan6880
07-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Is this the "Heigh-Ho" song or the "Nonsense Song"?

Yes it is the Heigh-Ho song that I don't like. For some reason whenever I hear that song it bugs me and I have no clue why.

Queenofspoons
07-31-2010, 09:33 AM
My Mom hates Toy Story 3, she thinks its way too dark for a kiddie film, which it is, but at least their is a happy ending and some laugths.

I think my Dad hates The Nightmare Before Christmas (one of my disney favorite stop motion flims) , I think he see's it as a really weird movie, then again my dad's more of a POTC guy.

Both thought Up was boring, I loved it :goodvibes .

JennyMP03
07-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Glad to see this thread is still alive. Now we all have plenty of other people to point to and say, "See? It's not just me! She doesn't like it, either!" :laughing:

A few people mentioned The Incredibles. That and Finding Nemo are my favorite Pixar films, but I'm a huge superhero geek. I can see how if you're not into superheroes, it might not be as engaging.

Cars was like that for me. It was okay, and I even got it as a Christmas present the year it released, but I don't love it and I really don't like the idea of a sequel to it. I don't enjoy NASCAR or have any attachment to any vehicles, so it's hard for me to see them as some kind of lifeform with feelings and motivations. Also, it kind of creeps me out: how are cars made with evidently no humans in the world? We do see younger cars. Are they.... born... somehow?...

MrsPinup
08-02-2010, 12:33 PM
oooohhh...I love this thread! I cannot stand Dumbo, Bambi is boring, and the original Alice freaked me out with the mean flower scene. I do love the remake of it though (I may be partial to Johnny though) :lovestruc

MHT to MCO
09-10-2010, 11:24 AM
The Fox and the Hound. I don't hate it, just dislike. Same with Mulan - I could take it or leave it.

where's_my_prince
09-10-2010, 03:34 PM
cars is just okay to me, i feel like its overated

snchpnz
09-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Those HORRIBLE Pirates of the Caribbean movies! I'm sorry but I don't find pirates interesting, Johnny Depp annoys me and Orlando Bloom is not hot enough to keep my attention.

wingednike
09-14-2010, 01:54 AM
Little Mermaid

ElGravy
09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Alice in Wonderland used to creep me out when I watched so I havn't watched it in years. 101 Dalmations was boring to me and didn't care for it. I didn't really care for Mulan as well.

BorkBorkBork
09-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I used to watch Peter Pan all the time as a kid, and I still count it as one of my favorites, but I find many parts of it hard to watch now due to their racist/insensitive overtones. All that "injun" stuff..:eek:

palavra
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Anastasia and Pocahontas-I'm a social studies teacher, and it really bothers me when Disney or any other film company "rearranges" the facts of a historical person or event to make a film.

KellyWasHere
09-14-2010, 02:46 PM
I hate Snow White. Don't care much for Dumbo or Fox and the Hound.

Anastasia and Pocahontas-I'm a social studies teacher, and it really bothers me when Disney or any other film company "rearranges" the facts of a historical person or event to make a film.

Anastasia isn't Disney, is it?

StitchAquarius
09-15-2010, 11:39 AM
I hate Snow White. Don't care much for Dumbo or Fox and the Hound.

Anastasia isn't Disney, is it?

Nope, Anastasia is Warner Brothers. I like it though, even with the historical inaccuracies.

I agree with a lot of posts here, I don't like Alice in Wonderland (but I love the ride at Disneyland). I also didn't buy Dumbo or Pinnochio when they came out on DVD, and then there are a few Disney films I refuse to watch, like Black Cauldron, and most of the movies produced before the animation department shut down. I've heard Avatar has a lot of similarities between Atlantis, but I haven't seen either to compare

xSakura
09-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Hm, there's not really any Disney movies in paticular that I don't like. There are quite a few that bore me though. Finding Nemo, for example. I find it really cute, but it bores me quickly. Also Pinocchio, I could never get into it. I also think the original Alice in Wonderland is kind of boring and scary.

xJenna
09-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Ahhh, you're all killing me by not liking Alice in Wonderland. It's my favoriteee. It used to scare me wicked bad when I was little, but I watched it when I got a little older and loved it. But I can definitely understand people's disinterest in it and everyone has likes and dislikes.

With that said, Pinnochio never really sat right with me. The scene where they turn into donkeys always scared me. I haven't seen it in a while, but I never liked Sleeping Beauty all that much. And 101 dalmations was my all time favorite when I was little, but now I can't really sit through it. I did like the live action though. OH! And the newer AIW was pretty blah for me.

fanhost
09-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Not yet there is any Disney movie which I don't like. I like all it's parts.. I love to watch Disney movies..

theSurlyMermaid
09-22-2010, 09:43 AM
I used to watch Peter Pan all the time as a kid, and I still count it as one of my favorites, but I find many parts of it hard to watch now due to their racist/insensitive overtones. All that "injun" stuff..:eek:

Yes! I just watched this last night as my 3 year old son has a thing for Tinkerbell and yeeesh. Embarrassing to watch some parts of this one.

superme80
09-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Toy Story 3 is on my list of movies I hate. That thing was freaky!!!! I also hate Jungle Book.
I always liked Pinocchio. The scene where Lampwick changed always fascinated me. I have always thought the movie was just beautiful!

grandfloluver
09-25-2010, 07:32 PM
I greatly dislike the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I don't know what it is about them, but they don't intrest me. The ride isn't my favorite, but I liked it better without the movie changes they did to it! They should leave Walt Disney's creations alone!!

Miss. Bianca
09-26-2010, 01:07 AM
I think I can live without Dinosaur.

opaleyes
09-29-2010, 08:29 AM
Ugh, Cars. Hate it. Fell asleep in the theater twice. You knew exactly how the plot was going to go within the first 10 minutes. Sure, Disney tells stories we already know, but in a more beautiful and exciting way, usually. There weren't any even remotely endearing characters in cars to make it interesting, and I felt the cartoony cars just looked goofy, and it all fell flat for me. Will never bother seeing it again.

I can't really think of any others I even remotely dislike though! Though I haven't seen some of the newer, less publicized ones like Home on the Range, Brother Bear, etc.

StitchAquarius
09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
I greatly dislike the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I don't know what it is about them, but they don't intrest me. The ride isn't my favorite, but I liked it better without the movie changes they did to it! They should leave Walt Disney's creations alone!!

I don't mind the first one but I could tell the studio was rushing through the 2nd and 3rd just for the $$$ and the movies suffered. I'm VERY skeptical about the 4th one, even with the new characters. Rarely are sequels better than the first.

Hoosier37
10-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Well, I don't really care for Bambi, Snow White, Dumbo, or Alice in Wonderland. Ditto for Brother Bear and Pocahontas. Ditto x 2 for all non-theater sequels other than Lilo and Stitch. And I'm sort of "meh" when it comes to Treasure Planet, Hercules, and Hunchback of Notre Dame. I haven't seen it, but my DH and children did not like Princess and the Frog at all.

Wow - I don't like very many of them, do I? I will say that my favorite classic Disney is probably Sleeping Beauty. I love the look of it, I love Maleficent, she's such a nasty villain, I love it.

themermaidgirl
10-03-2010, 02:46 PM
When I was younger, I didn't like Alice in Wonderland... I found it to be too weird. I definitely appreciate it more now.

I still don't like Cars, Home on the Range, The Rescuers, or even Pinocchio. I love the idea of it, but it's not one of my favourites.

DisneyTravelers2008
10-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I really did NOT like Walle....

sailorstitch
10-29-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't know if I'd call it a "classic", but I can't stand The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. I *LOVE* The Lion King to death. I can quote it from beginning to end. But TLK2 just really upsets me. I was so disapointed with it.

sailorstitch

Hal Gurtner
11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
<snip>However, I must say, I just hate Pinocchio all around. I don't like the story, the animation,<snip>

(Bolding mine.)

You don't like the animation? It's only one of the most gorgeously animated movies, ever.

Hal Gurtner
11-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Anyway, as for the ones I don't like:

Robin Hood - loved this one as a kid; watched it (for probably the second time ever in my life) as an adult when it came out on DVD and, er, couldn't get through the whole thing; it's no coincidence that this was produced during the Walt Disney Company's time spent wandering the wilderness
Cinderella - the film sure is gorgeous to look at, but the songs aren't the best in the Disney canon, and the mice are both insufferable and boring
The Fox and the Hound - the Walt Disney Company's first, disastrous, attempt to replicate the success and good will of Bambi (thankfully, they had better luck the second time they tried, when they made The Lion King); again it's all to clear that this was made during Disney's stint in the animation wilderness

Hal Gurtner
11-01-2010, 11:54 AM
<snip>
For Pixar movies, I don't like Ratatouille.

This.

Lee Matthews
11-02-2010, 10:27 AM
There's actually quite a few Classic i haven't seen.

I didn't like Pirates of the Caribbean: At worlds End. Liked the second movie but thought the 3rd was Tosh.

Also recently saw Robin Hood for the 1st Time and didn't care for that much either.

The new Sorcerers Apprentice film is in the post to me as we speak (Blu-Ray) and im also slightly worried that i wont like it.

disneyfav4ever
11-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I never liked Cars that much. I've only watched it through the entire way once.

pumba21
11-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Not a fan of Alice in Wonderland, Pinnochio, or Dumbo. I haven't watched any of them since I was a kid so I may think differently now.

*Meagan*
11-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I strongly disliked.. UP & Lilo and Stitch!

Im shocked that soo many people disliked Cars, Ratatouille, and Mary Poppins!

916chipndale
11-04-2010, 01:50 PM
i absolutely HATE can NOT stand bolt and meet the robinsons. sorry i just hate them. i also hate atlantis. i like most of the classics its the sequels to the classics i dont like. peter pan 2 return to neverland and the rescuers down under. i do not like them one bit.

Halloweenqueen
11-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Cars.

rawpower
11-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Pretty much whenever Disney tries to do CG movies without Pixar. As far as classics go though, I'd have to say that I did not like Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty all that much. Sleeping Beauty had Maleficent, which I consider to be one of the greatest villians, but I consider the rest of the characters aside from the three good fairies to be super boring. I didn't like Cinderella as much because it was basically Snow White. Even Lady Tremaine was the same as the Evil Queen. What Cinderella made up for in the lack of dwarves however were the step sisters, the mice and Lucifer. I really liked Lucifer as a villian, probably because Tremaine was just a copy of the Evil Queen and the step sisters were comic relief.

Queenofspoons
11-12-2010, 08:09 PM

On a simlar note the Haunted Mansion adatiption is just plain degrading to the orignal ride, please let the remake live up to it name.

kristina87
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
HATE Lilo and Stitch, I don't get the appeal at all :confused3
Tarzan.
Also not a fan of Snow White or most of the Disney/Pixar movies.:duck: I didn't even bother with Ratatouille or The Incredibles. Didn't get the hype about Up either, and Wall-E was just plain weird, although beautiful in some parts. I've never seen Brother Bear or Home on the Range, they didn't appeal to me at all. I'm surprised by how many people on here don't like Cars, I thought that was a mega popular one, but I don't really like it either :rotfl:

However - i LOVE pocahontas, was surprised to see how many people didn't like that one either :)

My2Pixies
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
I didn't care for Hunchback, Atlantis or Up. I also never really liked Pinocchio, I was creeped out by it when I was little and still am!

brdlyleon
01-20-2011, 02:11 PM
WOWWWW really shocked at some of these!!
A lot mentioned, I used to dislike, but now that i've been pretty much obsessing with Disney and I've rewatched them again, I'm becoming a fan.

An example of this would be...Snow White, Tarzan, and the Hunchback of Notre Dame....love those now!

As for the ones I still dislike (very strongly, I might add, because I LOVE the classic movies) are:
- The Rescuers (ughh, HATE)
- Alice in Wonderland (especially the cat...I'm terrified of it)
- The Sword in the Stone (awful, really)
and last, just as a shocker for everyone, im sure, is:
- The Lion King (everyone hates me for it, but i just cant stand to watch it, even know as I'm trying to watch all the movies under the animated features canon. It's not a bad movie, I just dont watch it. lol maybe because i watched it so much a child. no idea why)

I haven't seen any of the newer things (like Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, or Chicken Little) but i heard chicken little is just awful.

SO SHOCKED as someone hating the great mouse detective! Honestly, favorite movie (after Peter Pan and Robin Hood)

shalom
01-25-2011, 12:37 PM
I hated 101 Dalmations before I ever saw it, because I loved the original novel (by Dodie Smith) and they changed the plot, ignored most of my favorite scenes, and changed the sex of one of my favorite characters. :scared1: :laughing: Then I heard the version of Cruella de Vil by the Replacements on Stay Awake, which I loved, and gave the movie a second chance. Don't love it, but don't hate it any more. I'm a soft touch for Disney tunes. ;)

Liked Bambi okay until I read the original novel; now I dislike it once Bambi's mom gets done in, because it reminds me of the book, which I hated. :upsidedow

Lots of Disney flicks I'm fine with the kids watching, but would be fine with never watching again, Cars being at the top of that list, followed by a lot of other more recent flicks. I do like Meet the Robinsons, even though they totally abandoned the original book, which I loved. And I often dislike sequels -- liked but didn't love Pirates of the Caribbean, but sure wish they'd stopped with one, 'cuz the kids and hubby insisted on seeing the sequels, which I thought a total waste of time.

Also find a lot of the ones I loved as a kid seem stretched out with more boring parts than I remember as an adult. A lot of the classics I may dislike some aspect -- hate The Rite of Spring and The Sorcerer's Apprentice (yes, I hate Mickey's section!) in Fantasia and always skip them -- but I love the rest so I would never say I hate the movie. There are a fair number where I make the kids tell me when my favorite scenes come on but am happy to skip the rest. But I wouldn't say I actively dislike them, because there are still parts I really enjoy.

DISfanboy
01-26-2011, 04:16 PM
I HATE chicken little, fox and the hound, atlantis, black cauldron, alice in wonderland (animated), and emperor's new groove

Rekenna
01-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Bambi and Princess & the Frog are the 2 that come to mind.

Mickey'sZebra<3
01-30-2011, 02:40 PM
this thread is funny to read as most people hate my favourites :scared1::rotfl: (Princess and the frog, Hunchback, Mulan, Pocahontas)

A few I dont like - Cars, Pinnochio, Bugs life, UP

CandyHead09
01-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Lilo and Stich, Pinnochio (love Jimmeny cricket though of course!), Dumbo is so sad but I love the charachter and the song baby mine! And I already hate this new one Gnomeo and Juliet? HOW STUPID IS THAT?! What is Disney thinking?! Bambi and Fox and the hound come to mind as well. Brave little toaster, White Fang, James and The Giant Peach, Angels in the outfield, Mighty Joe Young, Home on The Range, Tigger movie (so sad and over dramatic not like pooh at all :[ ) Chicken little, valient, the game plan, wall-e, all the high school musicals,

lizabu
02-01-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't care for many of the direct to video sequels. These are my other least favorite movies

The Rescuers
Treasure Planet
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Dinosaur
The Black Cauldron
Sword & the Stone
Atlantis
The road to el dorado
Brave little toaster

ETA- the old Tron too...boring

DISfanboy
02-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't care for many of the direct to video sequels. These are my other least favorite movies

The Rescuers
Treasure Planet
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Dinosaur
The Black Cauldron
Sword & the Stone
Atlantis
The road to el dorado
Brave little toaster

ETA- the old Tron too...boring

FYI The Road to El Dorado isn't a Disney movie. It's from Dreamworks Animation

DarlingDisneyGirls
02-04-2011, 08:53 PM
1walle
2babie
3lilo and stich(if you wach to many times)
4101 d
5tron
6 freaky friday(new one)
7mulanpopcorn:::headache:

terbethk
02-07-2011, 10:09 PM
I think the only older movies I don't like are Bambi and Dumbo. I guess I'm not a huge Fox and the Hound or Lady and the Tramp.

I'm also not a huge fan of The Incredibles, Up, Mulan, Pocahontas, and prob a few others.

The Great Mouse Detective, however, is my second favorite Disney movie :lovestruc

m-tinkerbelle
02-09-2011, 05:27 AM
I never even bothered to watch Treasure Planet and I fell asleep with Atlantis.

Haven't watched Meet the Robinsons, the movie with the cows (sorry, can't remember the name in English) and I was absolutely bored with Chicken Little. Not a big fan of Cars either and, even when they're good movies I can't understand why Toy Story attracts kids and adults SO much.:lmao:
I'm sure there was other pixar movie i didn't like but I can't remember which one it was...

>Ash<
02-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Home On The Range
Tarzan
Meet The Robinsons

aweful ... godaweful disney at its worst in my opinion....

they have got on the right track at the min tho because i love princess and the frog and i thought Tangled was entertaining... we need more of the classic musical disney movies that made disney so popular in the day... :thumbsup2

homedad
02-10-2011, 10:47 PM
never have seen the entire Alice in Wonderland original....no interest

THE3jsmom
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I pretty much love all the movies but Alice and Wonderland and Dumbo are the two the I do not like at all.

RCaroll
02-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Not a fan of Bambi or Dumbo..sorry Mickey :confused3

Wailea
02-27-2011, 09:02 AM
101 Dalmatians. I think the animation looks atrocious in that movie.
I'm not a big fan of Alice in Wonderland either, I find it silly, but not in a good way.

themermaidgirl
02-27-2011, 12:54 PM
I found Cars and Chicken Little terrible.
I love Pinocchio up to the donkeys bit where he's calling for Mommy. Breaks my heart and terrifies me.

I'm probably one of the few who actually loved Treasure Planet though.

princess_ariel_85
02-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't like Bambi, I can take or leave pinnochio & I hated the Black Cauldron.

Though the one film I really can't stand is the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I don't get it.... I tried to like it but unfortunately I could never see the appeal. There, I said it, I feel much better now :)

scarscar93
02-27-2011, 05:36 PM
I guess I'm in good company when it comes to Dumbo (except for the Pink Elephants segment) and Bambi. I used to like Cars, but it just doesn't hold a candle to Toy Story or Monsters Inc.

And I watched Pinocchio again yesterday for the first time in years. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I liked it so much when I was little. Probably just because I wanted to be the Blue Fairy.

baseballdad27
02-27-2011, 05:38 PM
one word

FANTASMIC

brocklesnar69
02-27-2011, 07:06 PM
I hate how pretty much all Disney movies portray hunters as badguys. What total rubbish. :mad:

Pocahontas
Anastasia
Mulan
Lilo & Stitch
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Tarzan
Meet the Robinsons

...all do nothing for me.

Edgehopper
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
I dislike most of the canon between Lion King and Meet the Robinsons--Pocahontas, Mulan, Hercules, Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, etc. Then again, I didn't even bother seeing Brother Bear, Home on the Range, and Treasure Planet...

princess@heart
03-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I dislike most of the canon between Lion King and Meet the Robinsons--Pocahontas, Mulan, Hercules, Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, etc. Then again, I didn't even bother seeing Brother Bear, Home on the Range, and Treasure Planet...

I pretty much agree here, except I do like Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, and Toy Story. :goodvibes DH is a Cars fan for some reason. :confused3

I really don't like the Black Cauldron. And Jungle Book puts me to sleep.

Edgehopper
03-02-2011, 09:34 PM
I pretty much agree here, except I do like Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, and Toy Story. :goodvibes DH is a Cars fan for some reason. :confused3

I really don't like the Black Cauldron. And Jungle Book puts me to sleep.

Toy Story and other Pixar movies aren't part of the canon! I love all of the Pixar movies except Cars, which I think is OK and the GF hates (she also loves every other Pixar movie).

PrincessBri12
04-26-2013, 08:07 AM
I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate messages for this, but I don't really like 'Beauty and the Beast.' But there's a LOT of things I like about the movie:

The score is beautifully made.
The story is crafted very beautifully.
The songs are very excellent. The title song and 'Be Our Guest' are on my favorite Disney song list.
The side characters are also a lot of fun, particularly the help in the castle.
I like how the movie tosses in some good comedy to lighten up an otherwise dark movie. I do find myself chuckling at scenes where Lumiere and Cogsworth are bickering.
The Beast is a very good male lead, even though he can be frightening in some scenes.
And to top it off, I can highly relate to Belle.

It's the villain that makes the film suffer in my opinion. Whenever I think of great Disney villains, I think of something along the lines of Ratigan, Ursula and Jafar. Gaston, to me, just felt annoying, narcissistic and a complete jerk. Overall, I think this phrase sums it up: 'One bad apple spoils the whole barrel.' And Gaston's that bad apple.

Other flicks I don't like:

Fantasia (although the sequel did a LOT better and felt a bit more interesting, my personal favorite segments being 'Donald's Ark,' 'Rhapsody in Blue' and obviously 'Sorcerer's Apprentice.')
Snow Dogs (The plot's too stupid to stomach and I think Cuba Gooding Jr. tried way too hard to be funny in this.)
Lady and the Tramp (The middle of the movie was very mean-spirited to me, even as an adult. Although I would give it credit that it had some great characters, a very sweet beginning and end and the songs are good. It's pretty much a sandwich movie.)
Sorcerer's Apprentice (Why would they take what was a great Mickey short and have the cast be completely human? That just says 'stupidity.')

tianna26
04-26-2013, 11:47 PM
Fantasia
Wall e
Monster inc
Cars 1 &2
Wreck it ralph

agavegirl1
04-26-2013, 11:59 PM
My daughter is in California working on a project for Pixar right now and we have seen every Disney movie. She is living her dream. We have loved most of them, however, my daughter is quite the feminist and some of the older "princess" movies do bother us...(I have three very independent women who are my daughters). They love Belle and Merida but not so much Cinderella, Snow White or Aurora.

My one son, didn't like "Robin Hood" or any princess movie for that matter.

Disney movies are still a matter of individual taste.

Me...and my Disney daughter....we love them all for different reasons. She is an artist and animator and her current mentor is the artistic director for "Finding Nemo" so she is thrilled.

Cavy
04-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Sleeping Beauty :confused3

Also, I didn't much like Wall-E. It came out when I was in grad school, and all my colleagues were excited about how it revived silent movie traditions, etc., but when I saw it I was pretty underwhelmed

Ginacrella
04-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Bolt
Bambi
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
John Carter
Meet the Robinsons

Nakkira
05-28-2013, 12:02 PM
I hate how pretty much all Disney movies portray hunters as badguys. What total rubbish. :mad:

Pocahontas
Anastasia
Mulan
Lilo & Stitch
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Tarzan
Meet the Robinsons

...all do nothing for me.

I am not being smug, but Anastasia is not a Disney movie.

schmeve
05-28-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm not a fan of Pinocchio. It just never appealed to me. I'm also not a fan of the original 3 princess movies. They always bored me and it might be in part because Little Mermaid was the first movie I saw in theaters and all the princesses there after hold a special place in my heart. I hate most of the DVD sequels/prequels except Lion King 1 1/2 & The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning. For some reason I remember liking Hunchback when I was younger, but I recently watched it and couldn't finish it.

frost moglin
06-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Mulan
The plot and characters were just OK and I found the songs very boring and forgettable. Also, Shan Yu is one of Disney's worst villains IMO. He looks pretty intimidating but since he has about two lines in the entire movie he is extremely forgettable.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves *hides*:scared:
I understand why it was so popular at the time since it was one of the first (the first?) animated movies but it hasn't aged very well in my opinion. To me Snow White is far too passive as a character; she just sort of sits around and lets things happen to her instead of making her own decisions like Belle or Ariel (my favorite and second favorite Disney princesses respectively.) Also, the songs are nice enough but not as good as some of the songs in the Disney Renaissance movies.

I don't hate either of them but I don't think they're among Disney's best either.

littleorangebird
06-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Okay, here it goes...............

Sleeping Beauty
The Rescuers Down Under
Tarzan
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Brother Bear
Home on the Range
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt

I'm really beginning to hate Pocohontas also

And for Pixar...............Brave, Cars, and Cars 2

Swim Spence
07-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Personally, I don't hate any classics from Disney. Bambi, Dumbo, and maybe Alice in Wonderland would be considered classics I'm not big on.

As for newer disney movies, Chicken Little, Wall-e, and Meet the Robinsons are 3 unbearable ones for sure

Voigan
07-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Pocahontas:
I don't mind the historical inaccuracies in the movie but the plot is far too preachy and generic for me. Also, Ratcliffe is a lousy villain. I know not every Disney villain can be as awesome as Frollo, Ursula, Gaston, or Hades but Ratcliffe seems more like a comedic villain sidekick like LeFou from BatB rather than the movie’s big bad.

The Lion King (yes, the first one not the DTV schlock):
I never understood why so many people like this movie so much. :confused3 OK, I admit, the first third or so of the movie is great; the Circle of Life opening, the wildebeest stampede, Mufasa’s death, and so on are all awesome. If the whole movie was as good as the first 25 minutes or so then it would probably oust The Little Mermaid as my second favorite Disney movie (Beauty and the Beast is my top favorite). But the movie kind of falls apart after Simba is exiled and it never really gets back on track.

The second act drags on too long while Simba plays around with Timon and Pumbaa (am I the only one who find the Hakuna Matata song kind of annoying?) and Simba's decision to return to Pride Rock is too easy in my opinion. Instead of deciding to take responsibility and coming to terms with Mufasa's death on his own, Simba goes back to give Scar the boot only because Nala, Rafiki, and Mufasa tell him to.

The finale is better than the middle of the movie but not as good as the conclusions to BatB, Mermaid, or Hunchback in my opinion. To me having Scar fight Simba directly is unfitting for his character; the movie builds him up as more of a schemer rather than a direct antagonist like Gaston. Scar knew he couldn't beat Mufasa mano a mano so he tricked him into getting stampeded by the wildebeests, but when Simba show up Scar seems perfectly willing to take him on directly instead of using his wits. There isn't really much tension to the battle since Simba is much bigger, stronger, and younger than Scar is so in a straight confrontation Scar doesn't stand a chance. *I haven't seen the movie in years so I might be remembering it incorrectly.*

After Scar's death everything is fixed far too easily. Was Scar really such a bad king that it stopped raining, all the waterholes dried up, and all the plants died? And Simba (who has no experience leading a pride, while Scar had presumably spent most of his adult life watching Mufasa do exactly that in the hope that he would be the leader someday) can fix everything in couple of years tops? I know that several years of lean rations in which most of the pride starves to death would be too much of a downer for a Disney movie but the "Simba is back so everything is fine now" ending has always bothered me.
I don't hate TLK but I think it's one of Disney's most overrated movies.

lolainkent
07-02-2013, 01:36 AM
I like this thread!

I have an odd reason for hating Sleeping Beauty: I watched it at age 6 and was sick during it (I spare you all the details!) and I now fully associate that movie with being sick. Maybe I'll re-watch it when DD is a bit older and see if I can get past this.

I found the middle of Peter Pan to go on forever, though I love the story and the premise (and I loved Hook as a child).

Fantasia bored me to tears as a child.

pixieprincess72
07-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I really don't care for Cars or The Incredibles. Never bothered to see Ratatouille. Of the princesses, I'm not a big fan of Snow White. Don't think I've ever seem Hunchback of Notre Dame. Oh and I don't like all the Disney Fairy movies, although I really love Tink and Peter Pan. Never thought I was a fan of Toy Story or Monsters Inc but i recently saw Monsters U and Toy Story 3 and I've changed my mind! I enjoyed both.
Surprised to see how many people on here dislike Pocahontas and Robin Hood- I love them!

Ryan1989
07-05-2013, 09:30 AM
DUMBO!!!
I watched it for the 1st time a few months ago, and I think it may the worst Disney movie. i won't even go to Stroybook Circus or ride Dumbo anymore!

mchac430
07-05-2013, 06:46 PM
The Black Couldren.

Tinkerboy00
07-06-2013, 07:29 PM
We just tried to watch Mulan (neither of us have seen it all the way through) and realized that its kind of boring.

Princess_Nikki
07-07-2013, 02:04 AM
I don't care for Mulan, Hercules, or The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

lovelygirl1975
07-07-2013, 02:43 AM
I have to say I love so many of the movies listed here as unliked...Several are in my favorites list.

But on to don't likes:
*Dumbo & Bambi- too sad,
*Fantasia- soooo boring and weird ( I teach preschool at an elementary school and every time the music teacher is absent his sub shows this movie. I suffer through whatever portion we get for 25 torturous minutes!).
*Anything princess- except Brave and Princess and the Frog (DH loves the beauty and the beast stage show at DHS, I just saw it as a good opportunity for a nap.)
*POTC- don't hate them, just don't love them- and I love Johnny Depp just not these movies.

BlueStarryHat
07-07-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't like Ratatouille. I have a terrible fear of rats and mice, even animated ones and this distracted me from whatever the plot was. Well, the mice in Cinderella are okay because they're really cartoony.

I also don't like...well, Finding Nemo. I know that a lot of people love this movie but I just get bored.

pinkflamingos
07-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Disney: Mulan and Pocahontas are incredibly boring to me. I also don't like all those princess sequels except for BATB: The Enchanted Christmas.

PIXAR: Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, The Incredibles and I have a feeling the new PIXAR film Planes will be on this list too, it just looks like a rip off of Cars.

Then there were the ones I just skipped and probably will never see:
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Chicken Little, Home on the Range

Jafar30
07-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Never really cared for Pocahontas myself

And my reaction to people not liking or caring for the Incredibles

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/LarryDavid-faint-CurbYourEnthusiasm-fall-passout-1348523706L.gif

DoleWhippedPascal
07-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I never liked Cars that much. I've only watched it through the entire way once.

I agree. I never liked Cars. Also, and I am very sorry for all the fans out there, I just do not like Brave! I like the message, and Merida's character, but I just didn't find the storyline to be very strong. Also a lot of the movie was in the dark which I didn't like. I just kind of confused and a little disappointed with Disney:( :confused3

figment80
07-17-2013, 07:05 PM
I have never liked Fantasia (its my mom's favorite). There has always been something about that movie that I have never liked.

merida1368
07-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Not a fan of Finding Nemo, Cars, the Incredibles or Wreck it Ralph.

Starclassic
07-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Wall-E

SeattleSuz
07-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Dumbo
Atlantis
Treasure Planet

Swiss Family Robinson
Pete's Dragon

Ratatouille

SeattleSuz
07-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Never really cared for Pocahontas myself

And my reaction to people not liking or caring for the Incredibles

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/LarryDavid-faint-CurbYourEnthusiasm-fall-passout-1348523706L.gif

LOL on the Larry David reaction!! I am shocked as well. it's one of my DHs favorites and he normally never watches a movie more than once, cept The Incredibles.

MagicalMeg
07-23-2013, 01:48 PM
I very much dislike Princess and the Frog.

My2Qtz0205
07-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Pocahontas
Dumbo
Bambi
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Fox and the Hound

Princess and the Frog didn't really keep our attention, but I didn't dislike it so much.

rabyoga
07-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Not a fan of Lion King- although I did enjoy Lion King 1 1/2.
Snow White scared me so much as a child, I still have trouble watching it.

peyjenk
07-28-2013, 07:08 PM
I can't watch Fantasia without fast-forwarding.

I find it terribly bloated (forgive me, Walt!)

peyjenk
07-28-2013, 07:09 PM
on a simlar note the haunted mansion adatiption is just plain degrading to the orignal ride, please let the remake live up to it name.

Preach it! Amen!

princesserinrose
07-28-2013, 10:11 PM
I very much dislike Princess and the Frog.

I hate saying it, but I couldn't stay awake during it :(

MickeyLover17
07-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Bedknobs and Broomsticks did nothing for me, although I loved the song "The Age of Not Believing" and I love Angela Lansbury.

In terms of Pixar, Cars 2. I absolutely hated the movie... I felt it was a waste of my time and honestly was never needed as a movie. On that same note, I am reallly not looking forward to Planes.

It felt good to get that off my chest. ;)

old lady
07-29-2013, 02:10 PM
I didn't like the Hunchback of North Dame. It was not suppose to be a book for children to begin with.

cbeeindisney
08-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Brother Bear
&
Dumbo- I just can't watch it!

mickeysurfs
08-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Lady and the tramp. I just could not get into it.

Axlcat
08-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Cars is my least favorite Disney film. I did not bother to see the sequel since it looked like more of the same.

VintageDisneyGirl
08-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Pocahontas while I really like the music I don't like the movie.

As for Pixar movies I'm not a fan of The Incredibles and Finding Nemo.

I've tried several times to watch Meet the Robinsons and Wall-E each time they are on TV and I just can't get into it.

QueenRuth
08-19-2013, 01:48 AM
Here is my list.

I dislike.

Ratatouille
Pirates of the Caribbean. all films
Up
The Little Mermaid
Tarzan. I like the Phil Collins songs though
Chicken Little
John Carter
Toy Story 3

Yuk I can not stand the following.

Hannah Montana film
Mary Poppins
The Parent Trap
Mars Needs Moms

jdb in AZ
08-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Loved the original Parent Trap. Hate the Lindsay Lohan version.

Really didn't like Brave. The whole thing of turning her mom into a bear was just stoopid. And the way Merida's lil bros got away with anything they wanted. :sad2:

The original Cars was o.k. Cars 2 -- meh. We did enjoy RSR at Disneyland.

the Haunted Mansion movie was yuck.

the mindless Dory character in Finding Nemo grated on me like fingernails on a chalkboard.